Fawk Mold during Cure....Noob Mistake any cure?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GanjaisGood, Jan 1, 2015.

1. First harvest is going to waste, just discovered mold, I hung and dried them for about 7 days, and place them in jars. Today I discover mold in most of the jars, but doesn't look like it is on all buds. They have been in jars for 5 days now. Any solution for really dumb noob mistake? 

FAWK!!!!

2. Sorry I dont understand your reply?

3. #4 ProGMOII, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    How did you mess this up with all the guides online? Did you chop and leave in a jar for 5 days straight after the 7 day dry? Do you live in a high humidity area? Pics of moldy buds.

4. Try and remove as much of the mold as possible by hand then put all the bud in the driest brown paper bag in the driest place you have...like a small tent or closet with your dehumidifier going....the drier the better...you MIGHT save SOME of it...then when its dry and crispy, put a 62 boveda pack (or semi dry lemon peel) in your cleaned curing jar.

5. You are not supposed to just keep the jar sealed.  When you first put them into jars, the next day, they will be WET!  Then, you leave them open for a day and they crispen up again.  Seal them and keep burping them as they get moist again.  

Basic guide:

1: Hang ganja until it is dry to the touch.

2: Seal (jars, tupperware,etc) for 24 hours.

3:Remove lid for 24 hours and then reseal.

4:After 24 hours with lid on, remove lid again.

5:Repeat until it stops getting wet.

6:Every 3 to 4 days pop the lid for a hour until the stems break without threading.  

7:Done (at least the initial cure)

There is a lot more that could/should be done for the cure, but this is a basic guide that will get you good tasting/smelling ganja that doesn't have mold.

Good luck.

6. I found that semi dried carrot sticks work better without adding any smell or flavor.  You can also use them to re-hydrate ganja without adding anything except moisture.  Cut them into peeled sticks too, not circles.  

7. #8 GanjaisGood, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    Thanks for the advice and suggestions. I just thoroughly inspected each jar. I would say at least half of all buds were clean from visible inspection, I would say the other half were perhaps showing signs of mold (im not sure) or definitely showing signs of mold (clear as fuck). I really didn't have a method, so any buds that looked clean, I place in brown bags a la the drying method. Any bud that looked like mold was growing or first visible sign of hairs or dots, I chop off up to half and place in brown bags. For any one that were clear sign of mold i just discarded. 

What next? Are the isolated buds at risk because they shared the same location as the infected buds? So should I just say fuck it and toss them? I already picked up another zip, and rationalized that 3 months will be here sooner than later. 

Thanks guys, 

I was kinda bum out the first few hours, 3 months of TLC, then just somehow fucking up one thing. Imbecile! 

edit. here are the best pics i could take with not so great camera resolution.  IMG_20141231_193319280.jpg IMG_20141231_203128135.jpg IMG_20141231_203301763.jpg

I

8. I've read about water-curing being a decent way to get most of the spores off your bud, but even after that I'd recommend processing the bud into hash oil. Do it with extreme care and filter it well because those spores can be really small. 

9. #12 BHamBudzNW, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    This is why I always suggest running a dehumidifier in your drying spacing for the first 24-48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You need to dispose of any bud containing mold do not smoke and DO NOT make any form of concentrate. You will only make a concentrate containing high amounts of mold spores which should neither be ingested or smoked. I know it's a bummer and hard to toss after all the hard work but just don't think of wasted weed but gained knowledge.

G

11. Two options

Heat or alcohol, aka edibles or hash