First indoor grow led and cfls

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lake irie smoker, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Solid carpentry skills there my friend. Are you still planning on scroging?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thank you. Very solid ;) I didn't use power tools either. Built that shit Amish style. Haha. I don't think I'm gonna scrog anymore with the addition of the two "og" sprouts Idk if it would be a better idea than just tying them down and having a few little bushes instead of a screen. What are your thoughts bro?

3. As long as you keep the canopy even I feel like you should be straight.

4. that's what I was thinking. I figured I could train the chems and let the og's go the natural route.

5. Well frankly 4 might be too many for that space, you can definitely pull it off but it's going to require some serious training just to keep the canopy even like he said right above me. And since these sprouts are behind they have some catching up 2 do. Also can't remember if these are all feminized? Mine weren't feminized so I had to roll the dice and play the numbers game. (Reason why I have so many of them.) You can either do more smaller plants (which seems to be the route your on) or fewer bigger plants. I bring this up because when we are limited on space maximizing our lights footprint/canopy ratio is important for BIG BUDS :) idk if this helps or confuses you I think I might've just confused myself lol.

6. What helps in keeping canopy even is if you have plants whose canopy is shorter you can try putting something underneath that pot to boost it up.

7. Nah not too confusing. Lol. I've built a couple pedestals to boost the ogs up to the same height. The chems are clones so unless they Hermie at some point they're definitely girls and the og seeds were regular not feminized. I'm not too worried about the o.g because I have more seeds so if they aren't much or they have to go I won't bother me and yes I plan I keeping these plants pretty small. Maybe veg for another month and then flip em to flower

8. Thought I'd show y'all a picture of my girls lady parts ;) haha

Attached Files:

9. Scandalous!!! Lol so we're those clones already flowering when they were taken?

10. I believe so yes.

11. Well nice this just got even more interesting!!! I was wondering how that technique works. Feeling like I want to do that with my girls, and have my second grow come from it.

12. Also how close do you keep your cfl's?

13. I have no idea how it works and just recently started reading about vegging clones that were taken from the mother in the early stages of flower. Honestly doesn't seem like they need anything different than regular clones. My goal is to have a perpetual set up going eventually but I'm gonna get a few runs in before I go too BIG with it.
    My CFLs are about 5ish inches away from the plants now.

14. Picture update.
    Both chemdawg girls and the og sprout look happy in their new home. Thinking I'm gonna add more CFLs and a higher powered led soon.

Attached Files:

15. Funny you say that because I'm currently on ebay bidding on a mars ll 400 watt

16. Potted up to 3 gallon smart pots today and flushed with ph'd water.

Attached Files:

17. I like that transplant. Can't wait to see how your gals respond. They will be shooting up with joy.

18. ya I tried to get one of those and some asshole out bid me last second. Keep trying though and you can get one cheap! I ended up just getting a second 135w blackstar which works great for my tiny closet.

My current grow journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1345378-2nd-grow-auto-gdp.html

19. #60 lake irie smoker, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    Yea same here haha. Oh well I'm gonna try to win one in auction before I just go ahead and pay full price for one. Either way I want one before I switch to flower
    They seem to have responded well they were looking extra perky this morning. Lol