5x10 SCROG Tent Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Errly Bird, Dec 29, 2014.

1. I forgot to mention that my bagseed is confirmed female. Preflowers all over it. Very happy about that. Best looking one of them all. Extremely bushy. Took off some undergrowth. Slowly doing that over time. Keeping all canopies even as possible. That bagseed is a monster.

2. Day 48

Put net on 4 of them. With 5 just getting LST. All of them showing preflowers. Just trained them all again tonight.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423723103.554734.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423723120.255381.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423723138.324111.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423723243.181694.jpg

Its not bad. It gives a little push. I used thick hemp line.

4. Feeding flora series nutes every third water. Maybe dealing with tmv. And had some complications slow down growth in the beginning. All in all doing well though.

5. How long until I should flower?

6. #50 greaterthings123, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Have you reached below and pulled all the branches out to the sides or is the scrog just kind of nestled ontop of the plnts?  I would re-position the scrog into the middle of your tent if you have no plans for the right side of the tent.  etting water to your plants is hard... If you don't want to reposition, consider a hose and funnel to water... as it looks like your side doors on the tent are higher then the scrog. 

But to answer your question, I think the scrog is very full already and you could flower today.  as long as you keep pulling branches down and spreading them out for the first 10 - 14 days of 12/12 you will have a next to perfect scrog.  If you flip light soon, do some arranging of your plants in order to get that scrog net as full as possible.  GREAT LOOKING GROW!

7. A ton of great input. Thank you man. And yeah I wish those back flaps were like the front. I use a piece of pvp and pour into it to water. And I have been pulling branches further and further for maybe 3 weeks. I over watered a couple of my not scrog plants so I'm going to give them a couple more days to get right. 100% indica so will it stretch enough to finish filling?i want enormous fat colas xD

8. You will get big colas, but I donno if you should expect ENORMOUS ones.  With scrogging like you have, you with get 15-20 colas a plant but the biggest ones will weigh 7 to 10 grams. More for a successful hydro run.  With so many tops, your plant will yield more overall, but the single cola plants will always have the heaviest colas.

The amout of stretch is strain specific, but in my experiences with mostly indica plants,  the 1st 3 weeks of 12/12 will give you another 12-18 inches of growth with a 24-36" trained plant under 1K lights.  They will actually grow faster in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of 12/12 then they ever have and then they will stay the same size while adding bud weight. 

I don't really

9. #53 Errly Bird, Mar 1, 2015
    What would the difference in bud height and fatness be if I didn't tuck those first weeks? Will the bids be longer and thinner or longer and still as plump? And I know the more you top, the smaller the nugs. Only topped once. I just want a nice even canopy.

The only thing in worried about is drying and curing. This will be my 3rd or 4th time attempting. And on a much larger scale than I'm used to. I think I get it though :)

10. When I don't tuck at the start of the stretch, It makes my canopy more uneven.  Many branches rise up above others and limit the light to the others.  Check out August Wests scrogs.  They are so perfect.  Also, each time I have filled my screen up 100% before 12/12,  I haven't had any where to tuck the branches to when the 12/12 stretch had begun.

In terms of drying and curing... I haven't gotten this pecfect yet either, so my smoke has been harsher than it could have been but what has been recommended to me is growing with an enzyme everytime I feed, and the last 10 days, flushing with molasses and pure water.  I'm told if I do those 2 things, my dry and cure would go a lot smoother, smoke sweeter, and smell dankier.  Don't get me wrong, it was BOMB, but could have been better.  I misunderstood the enzyme advice, so I didn't use one throughout this grow (but it is not to late for you.... enzymes, such as hygrozyme, deteriorate dead plant matter (roots) and feed it back to the plant as sugar).  But I will use molasses during my flush which starts in 3 days. 

Drying, trimming, and curing is pretty basic.  Wet trimming will give your bud the best bag appeal.  Get good trim scissors, cut down no more than1 plant at a time, trim it perfect and leave branches intact so you have a Y to hang dry them from.  You basically want to cut down only what you can trim in 1-2 hours.  Limp leaves are hard to trim. 

Some people recommend drying at certain humiditys and such, but I find this is difficult for growers without expensive resources.  Just let them dry in a dark area without wind but airflow until you would like having them if you were to buy them.  Don't let them get to dry, but DEFINETLY don't cure them before they are ready.  This can cause mold.

For curing, get some 2 quart Mason jars and put 28 - 35 grams in each.  Loosely with an inch or 2 up top.  Close the jars and for the first week open them for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a day. 2nd week 1-2 times a day. 3rd week you will be ok to leave them closed but open them a couple times a week.  The longer you cure, the better your bud will turn out.  Always keep your jars in the dark.  LIGHT DEGRADES THC.  

11. #55 Errly Bird, Mar 1, 2015
    Tons of helpful info there man. Greatly appreciated. And August has some amazing scrogs. I'm going to look into that enzyme thing. And the not cutting the plants down all at once was good info for me as well. I'm going to control humidity as best I can. For drying I was going to use my tent. Just cut off all my intake fans and let my out flow stay on for passive moving air. I was also thinking about getting those boveda 62 packs and a couple hygrometers for curing.

So I know burping is for releasing moisture in the beginning. My question is if I get the relative humidity where it's supposed to be in the jars. Can I just not burp them, and roll them around to move the buds around a little? I guess my question is does burping help with the curing at all besides releasing moisture?

12. Supposedly, with the Boveda's, you don't even hve to burp.  2 way humidity control.  I want to pick some up. 

13. Yeah that's what I'm going for. Okay so 64 Days of veg. Just changed out lights to HPS and set up timers for 12 hours. So Day 1 of flower. I'll be tucking for another 10 days or so then letting it go. 8-10 weeks and done XD ready to see how this turns out.

14. Don't be afraid  to stretch those babies out when you tuck.The more development sites you reveal is like an eighth come harvest each. My scrog is like a 3 inch blanket of 30 sq. ft. of dank.  Focus on nutes, vents, and temps,... and you will hit a minimum of 24 oz. per 1k light at this point.  You are having a healthier veg than I have ever seen at this point....PROPS!

15. Flower Day 1

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288790.824717.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288806.761013.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288827.529499.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288852.180459.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288885.465769.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425288961.456995.jpg

16. Damn! Gonna be an awesome harvest man! Have you considered doing a "double trellis"?