If youre interested in how your brain works...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by SlowMo, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Tolerance issue and the sleep thing. I was waking up every two hours and having to do couple hits to get back to sleep. Too expensive and was getting a sore throat. Besides that, I had some of the best weed I ever smoked and it was doin shit toward the end so I had to knock off for a while.

2. Anyone here of that new zquil thing?

Non habit forming sleep aid??? Lmfao

There is no such thing as a non habit forming aid of any type.

Eventually you get used to having tools to get the job done. It becomes habit. You forget how to do it without.

-yuri

3. That's exactly right! When ya tickle your brain's dopamine in just the right ways, you're gonna get the urge to do it again no matter what it is. 

4. Hey dude - this is good! I like it. It makes sense, too. I'll have to investigate this. David Bohm was no slouch when it came to applying wave mechanics to information, either. It seems kind of relevant, too, given the distributed nature of information storage and other processes in the brain.

I've started to spend some time looking into the various electrical conduction wave patterns that are exhibited by the brain -  especially the low frequency theta rhythms that seem somehow involved in the brain's consolidation of information into memory and god only knows what else. The "hippocampal theta rhythm" is a mysterious deal , too. I'm getting some first hand insight into what happens when these oscillations and all the brain is doing while we sleep are disrupted through some disorder or condition. And they don't just occur at night either.

Want to fuck up your memory and general ability to think in other ways than smoking your ass off 24/7? Get a sleep disorder where ya can only sleep for about an hour or two at a time all night long.

5. hell, even weed interferes with dopamine re-uptake. Why do ya think they call it dope? lol just kidding 

6. Fuck man, watch out! That picture about made me piss myself :eek:  :laughing: .