Yellow veins and fading leaves during flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NorthEastStoner, Dec 26, 2014.

1. My plant is almost 5 weeks into flowering. Strain is GDP. I noticed a few days ago that almost every leaf in the middle of the plant is either yellowing in the veins or in the leaves or both. Some of the yellowish leaves have a crackling look to them also. My plant is in foxfarm soil in a pot with poor drainage in my closet with a 150w hps light 15 inches away from the top nug. I've been using a moisture meter to determine when to water and it's about every 2-3 days. I've been using tap water that has sat out for at least 48 hours. Every 2 waterings for the past 2 weeks I've used a small amount of General Organics' flowering nutrients. The pH has never been less than 6.5.

I'm wondering if I have some nutrient lockout or deficiency or is this just a normal part of flowering?

Pics: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419553353.175905.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419553373.409915.jpg

The next picture shows a leaf with yellow veins in the middle, while the leaves above and below it are still green
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419553420.594492.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419553537.154498.jpg

2. Beautiful girls and yes, Marijuana plants do naturally lose nutrients for leaf growth because most of the energy is going into bud production. It's all good just wait for your bud to reach it's potential.

3. Thank you!! I only have one plant though - first grow and wanted to start small. If this is normal degradation, then how "sick" looking will the leaves get in the next 3-4 weeks?!

Do you or anyone think I should add in some CaMg+ or any nitrogen to my nutrient regimen?

4. How long did u veg before switching to flowering?

I'm just asking for Personal purposes

🔄🆙

5. I got the plant as an 18 inch clone 3 weeks into veg. I got the plant with some heat stress so it took 2 weeks to get it healthy and then I vegged for 4 more weeks. Lots of vegging but she was incredibly healthy and bushy when I flowered
    But if someone could answer this I'll smoke them up!

6. Some of the edges on the leaves are very yellow, dry, and some crispy/brown. Still normal??

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419567697.545477.jpg

7. #7 gone4good, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    If the plant has been in the fox farms soil for the life of the plant then it's probably nutrient depleted.
    try a normal feeding instead of the light feeding you're giving it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. alright I'll give it some more.