New 500w Plasma Grow Lighting Review

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Saneone420, Dec 24, 2014.

1. I think thats enough foreplay just put the pics up

2. #22 Saneone420, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    Thanks for your insight! As for the advert part. I am not saying to buy one . Or that I know it is the best light , I am only doing a review on a product that needs data.  Fact is after this review I have 3 other lights to do reviews on a tent 2 inline fan combos and I am working on getting a few more items to review. I hope you will join me for all of them!
    Happy Growing And a  Merry Christmas !
    \nSaneone420

3. #23 Doc-J, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Lol They sent you a free light so that you would go to a weed forum and post all the information about it. That is advertising any way you look at it lol. GC has a vendor program of he wants advertising. A little bit of cash an he can whore it up with the Mars/Topled crew.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with data-wise.  The end result though can be fairly well estimated via spectrum, draw and intensity. 

As mentioned before the chameleon is kinda bulky for an indoor / non-industrial grow.  It looks like it would be rather difficult to center in a 4x4 or M^2 tent.  It would be awesome if Chris popped on here and talked to us about the light though.  I'd really like to learn about plasma technology from the horses mouth. 

What tent are you reviewing? 

5. OP, welcome to my world

Not sure whether it's jealousy, or what

That said, there are a lot of 'claims' made that are HIGHLY questionable

IMHO, whichever lighting format, it should provide reasonable umoles/m^/sec 24" directly below and at a 3ft perimeter. That's a tall task for a small plasma bulb

6. He sent me the light for data on a clone to harvest grow. I hope you all have a great christmas! And a safe New Year

7. I will see if I can get chris to jump in on this topic, I think that is a great idea. I have a 4x4x6.7 with the ext from ggt to review I will put the Plasma in one of them. It is bulky but if you look on the website there is a 500w home model that is much easier to use,  it has built in duct venting also. The one I have wont be hard to center the bulb I will post some specs on the tech from the website. 
    Thank you for your responce
    Merry Christmas!
    Saneone420

8. 500w  at 3x3  has a average PPFD - 400 μmoles/m2/s with 520 being directly below and the average DLI - 35 mols
    Now at a 4x4 it has a  average PPFD - 285 μmoles/m2/s with  335 directly under the bulb and the DLI - 25 mols

500w (coverage mapping & intensities listed below) 45,000 Lumens/ 120 PAR Watts 
    I trust the aerospace institute that provided the testing on the light. But I really am excited to be able to test it for myself.
    Have a Great Holliday Season!!!!
    Saneone420

9. I hope this light does all you expect, but value?

People get on my case, too,

HOPEFULLY, there is more to your light than meets the eye

1000w hps PAR, which is ~900 umol @24"

I have a Solar Spec 260w @ $795, with discounts for multiple panel purchases

305 l/w.  Each cluster (6) has 21 of these chips.

Mfg Specs

10" x 18"

umoles: 

@12" 1763

@24" 1296