Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will these candies get me high?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 420billoreilly, Dec 24, 2014.

1. #1 420billoreilly, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    I recently made some Chocolate covered peanut butter candies and i was wondering if they would get me high. I decarbed 2.5g of kief for 25 minutes at 255F. The recipe then said to mix it with a stick of melted butter and then to mix it with the rest of the ingredients. What I'm worried about is since I didn't heat the decarbed kief and butter after mixing it, would the THC be activated? Also, how many edibles should i eat to achieve a high (It made 16 candies)?  

Edit: I used a low-midgrade kief.

2. I would let it sit for 24 hours if you didn't do it correctly.

So, it should be fine if I let it sit for a day or two?

4. Yeah and since it's low grade kief, I'd personally eat about 10 of them at first. Your mileage may vary.

5. That's something I've never under stood. If the kief is pure and amber and not green wouldn't it be just as powerful by weight as dank kief. I mean as long as it's pure it is still only Trichomes

6. If it's green, i think it's only grounded bud. If it's yellowish with a tint of green, it's kief. If there is no green, it's good kief.

I've seen 'kief' at dispensaries that are greenish, and have little to no smell, IMO that's not kief. Sometimes they'll have the good stuff too, and it smells heavenly. Those are usually higher priced like 40 to 60 a gram.

7. wow... Highest I've seen kief for is 20

8. I agree with eating about half, if not ten of the candies.  I think a gram of kief would get you blasted.

9. #9 420billoreilly, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    I had gotten the "kief" for $8 a gram, so at least I'm not out of too much money. It didn't look anything like the kief I get from my grinder, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways. Next time I think I'll just stick to bud. I'll try eating ten tonight.

10. That's a powerful dose, be careful!

11. I ate seven of them, which is about a gram. I'll report the effects in a couple hours.

12. Fixed that for ya..................... :laughing:

13. How you feeling bro

14. that is the greatest user name ever

15. it took me 11 seconds to think of it. Imagine if I actually put my time into thinking of a clever one

16. #16 420billoreilly, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    I'm not feeling much more than a mild buzz. I think my mistake was not heating the butter and decarbed kief after I mixed them. I'm just going to give the rest to my friend with a very low tolerance. I'm just going to vape some of the kief tonight. Later I want to make some cannabutter. I have a 2 grams of kief left. How much butter should I use and about how many doses do you think it will make? 

[​IMG]

17. I think I might have decarbed the kief too long. The high I got seemed to be mostly CBD effects. I probably destroyed most of the THC by decarbing too long. Whats a good time and temperature for decarbing kief? I did 255F for 25 min. Was that too long?

18. Id say 220 for 35

19. I usually decarb 20 min at 220.

20. I'm going to try decarbing it for 20 min at 220 and then ill melt the butter in a double boiler over some boiling water. I'll heat the butter + decarbed kief for an hour over boiling water. I think that should work. I'll make that within the next two days. I'll post my success when I'm done. Wish me luck.