Dragon Ball Xenoverse Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by IllestVillain, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Have you finished the time patrol story?

2. nope

3. Btw there is a unlockable Bardock&Broly fights on released copy (not dlc).

4. Cool, I'm not sure if the online part works, yesterday it was off all day and today I didn't really play. My PSN is legendary2k7. I'm only a level like 19 tho.....

5. Yeah what silent said.

Its definitely a fighter. Each race has its pros/cons, youre able to earn attribute points to allocate how you choose. You learn new skills and you change those at will. There is somewhat of a currency system in place to buy battlecapsules/accessories/clothing/skills. 80 is the lvl cap so far. 3 scheduled dlc, first one is this month.

Highly recommended. Even if only for nostalgia, you'll get your moneys worth.

Servers are being spotty, but offline play is available.

6. Same name on steam, made a namekian lvl 31 right now.

7. Sent

It's a game with fighting but it is in no way a traditional fighting game. Imagine a 3D beat em' up like a DBZ Streets of Rage, action fighter mixed with a psudeo-MMO PSO style instance/mission based games. I don't like most DBZ games but this is one of my overall most enjoyable games as of late in this genre. There is insane replay value, godly customization and so, so much more. I actually just gifted this game to a friend but I have no idea if he's into it or not, maybe should have got it for someone else. On the other hand, my IRL best friend I also bought it for and although he was an extremely casual DBZ anime fan; he wasn't crazy about it, he loves fighting games and RPGs and he's in love with the game. We played 7 hours last night till he skipped work. I'm skipping test study.... I need to get on that.

9. This is a huge change since the last Dbz game I played ; Tenkaichi 3 , but it also feels a lot like that game and it was my favorite of them all. The difficulty is closer to Bodokai 1 imo so that make things interesting.

Its definitely fun and the character abilities are varied which makes online or local battles fun and feel more tactical. I just wish they would fix their Ps4 servers , it crashes often.

10. whats the verdict? Worth the 60 bucks?

11. #111 TimothyTheFirst, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    so I bought it tonight.  had to buy it on psn cause all the stores around me were sold out.

probably a bad idea to buy it on psn.

It seems kind of fun but I'll probably get bored of it.  I'll give it chance, but I like the older budokai combat style a lot better.  it felt like fighting was way deeper and had more strategy to it.  this is too open, and it's just pressing square and triangle a fuck ton of times.

12. #112 SuperDourPack, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Yea I wish there are more combos but the super attacks make for more moves I guess. I hate that I can't play 2Player on the same tv. Or can u?

13. you can, just go to "local battle reception" next to world tournament.

you have to unlock characters for it to be fun though.  it doesn't give you any to start

14. OK cool thanks bro

15. lol how ironic this just literally happened to me at gamestop...I did trade in value on a game then i hear people say DBZ is sold out for ps4 only xbox has it hahaha (See no one buys xbox) anyways. So i just bought a PSN card with my instore credit so i could use it in the store lol. Thought it was a brilliant idea even though my trade in value will now be 0. 

but now im on Youtube having a battle between Dying Light and DBZ.

16. yeah man I went to gamestop, meijer, target and wal-mart, all 4 were sold out lol.  At least they're all on the same street so I didn't waste too much gas, but still I thought that was crazy.

17. #117 Vicious, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Finally got SSJ2 last night after hours of farming, bad RNG, the event not triggering and disconnecting every 10 minutes. Ki Blast is too broken. Going small FemBuu or Frieza next for strike special or juggle character. I'm not sure what's more broken: Crazy Ki, infinite's or insane health regen.

Also, these.

CaC info: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71342891

Info for everything: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cxrnloPDH8jUcUyMixr1r6u83MjOMGbsaTP4VPNjY9Y/edit#gid=0

Also, wow, sold out games. I forgot things like that can still happen. #ConsoleProblems. Seriously though, can't you do direct download or do you just want physical media?

18. Anyone still playing on X1 just got back into.

19. I fucking love this game

Sent from my LGL31L using Grasscity Forum mobile app