Dragon Ball Xenoverse Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by IllestVillain, Dec 24, 2014.

1. looks dope, any word about a PC release?

2. Looks okay. Nothing new but graphics. I want something like budokai 3 but better

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yeah man. PC confirmed.

4. I think this is a great start for dbz on this next generation. It's a decent tradeoff tho. This is open world and including larger battles that are taken to the air just like in dbz. I won't say anything about controls because I missed the Beta.

Also in game transformations are back. I hope the ssj forms aren't downplayed too much. The rage in the show is awesome.

Maybe a Budakai game mode where it's more focused on hand to hand combat.

5. I'm glad they're doing it for the PC as well so I'm definitely gonna try it out. I'm more interested in the story for this game more than anything.

6. Release date pushed back a week. The hype the hype the hype!!!

7. #9 Vicious, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    Haven't played a Dragon Ball game since GT: Final Bout on PSX. This one might be cool, I'll check it out. From what I understand it's hub based; kinda like PSO? I'll probably give it a shot.

8. I haven seen the last trailer I have a better understanding now. I'm curious if sayians can rea h other super sayian forms since time is changed or if like raditz could go super sagian for example. I'm geeked for this game they all recently sucked so bad.And I hope u can power up n this game

9. Man this makes me want to bust out Budokai Tenkaichi 2 haha... i still have that for ps2 somewhere.....

Didnt even know this was coming out.... going to have to get it

10. Wasn't that the board game one? It was ok I like were u flew around with the dragon radar. And had to collect dragon balls. I think that was budokai 3. And budokai 1 of course was hard. I never had sagas but that looked ok, but just too short from wat I heard

It had an exploration map and then you went into the various cities on earth/namek and such and played through the battles of the story line, with a few little side stories... In 1 you could really only battle, and you couldnt fly around the battle field, in 2 you could fly around the field, destroy objects, destroy earth/namek... i think 3 was similar but they added a lot of shit.

The battles looked a lot like Xenoverse though....

12. O ok n I can't wait for this one. I hated on some dbz games u couldn't transform, u could pick there super sayian form. Or I hate u can't power up. I like being able to choose which super sayian form I can jump to like if I went from reg. Gohan to super sayin 2 by powering up.

13. yea you could transform and skip transform if you had enough ki stacked up, in 2 at least....

or you could start transformed too but that wasnt really fun lol

and it had GT content... they are making it seem like Xenoverse is the first to do that... lol who knows

14. Yea that sucked being able to start transformed. I like getting my ass whopped by like cell or not hurting him much then transforming n start getting it in.And Dbz burst limit had gt content. Omega shenrin was in it. I like the bojack movie so I hope he in this one well I lime teen gohan lol

15. #17 RedEyesHigh420, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    I'm really into this series, not just the game, so excuse the wall of text ~
    ^shenron was in budokai 3, too. So powerful. You get to fight him as ssj4 gogeta though. Long process to unlock, you actually could obtain both him and broly in one run of goku's dragon universe, the story mode you guys are talking about where you fly around the map. Some other characters were ridiculously annoying to obtain, too. Like Uub. You had to finish goku's DU on a regular run where kid buu is the final fight (not a shenron /broly run because they change the timeline of events that you see occur when you meet certain conditions. so as a result you don't fight buu at the end), and you have to equip at least these capsules:
    Kaioken
    Super saiyan
    Spirit bomb

Remember that buu's a powerful planet buster. Just like he was one of the z fighters' worst enemies, he's one of the most frustrating fights in the game.

You have to go kaioken, Then you have to perform a certain hit on buu to trigger an ultimate attack QuickTime event, and you have to win the QuickTime event. Goku then automatically transforms into a ss for the final attack animation, and smashes buu in the face with the SUPER Spirit Bomb. Win the battle and all this triggers a cutscene where uub challenges you in the world tournament, you win, and you get him.

So many hours of fun. I love how they tried to stay as true to the manga/anime as possible.

But this xenoverse...Soooo fuckin dope. I play budokai 3 on my ps3 every day. The altered time concept looks well done for this, too. Like a nice big juicy sought-after steak

16. The hype, the hype, the hype!!!

17. Yooo, when I first heard this game was announced I didn't really give a fuck because the last few dbz games were lame.

But it looks like they've gone back to a Budokai-fighting style.  That's got me hype as fuck.  The budokai games, especially 3, and the HD re-releases were some of my favorite games ever.

Even to this day me and some of my friends can sit down, get high as fuck and play budokai 3 for hours.

Being on PS4 is gonna be the shit.  More so for the online potential than anything.

18. Already pre ordered and I never pre order games. Any other x360 users who plan on buying this pm or post gtag here and get shit squared away before release. Ill probably pick it for ps4 down the line.