First time female grower

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LoudPackRay, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Just noticed how tall she has gotten

Attached Files:

2. Angle shots

Attached Files:

3. One think I noticed with GH Flora series their recommended dosages was way too strong, I was in the same boat as you, not showing much growth in the beginning until I cut the recommended dosage by 40 percent 

4. #144 lumps_deli, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    I've been telling everyone this, ditch the CFLs and get a 400 watt mh/hps convertible light. $150 on amazon, bulbs are like 12 bucks each. You will be dissatisfied with your overall results with CFLs I PROMISE, It wasn't the flora nutes that screwed you up, in hydro you should have a ph between 5.5 and 5.8. Must be supplemented with cal/mag.
    Also work your nutes up after week 2 start with 1/4 strength and every other feeding work up to full strength. All strains have different sensitivities to various strengths/brands of Nutes, sometimes can be more trial and error than anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Day 54 diesel auto by speeds seeds just changed her water 1423097722955.jpg
    1423097737235.jpg
    1423097759054.jpg
    1423097899831.jpg
    Comparison from a day ago to today

1423097864134.jpg
    1423097880639.jpg

6. This was one day ago messed up put two of the same image but different angles.

Attached Files:

7. Hey GC, day 56 she's still growing tall idk what she wants

Attached Files:

8. How far is ur light away from ur plant and what kind of light

Grassachusetts!

9. 125 5500k cfl n 2 others bulbs equivalent to 30 watt but ones 2700k n the other is 6500k every day she grows so i lift the light up more but probably no more than 7 inches above

11. How are the babies coming along???

12. Good kinda not seeing no bud progress but shes been getting taller n taller so im confused there and just letting her do her thing and see how it goes.

Attached Files:

13. She'll double in size an then sprout out. Just a waiting period now until she begins to sprout. You are doing what is right. Listening to your girl!!!!

14. Day 69 diesel auto

Attached Files:

That's about all you're going to see with auto genetics and CFLs. Been there myself. Another blade suggested a HID setup off Amazon, and I'll second that. Worlds of difference.

16. I 3rd that on the hid lights.
    It looks to me they are starving for more light. Been there.
    Perhaps add more lights? Or change to a more lumen output cfl? 5u's or 8u's? Or led's?
    Best of luck.

17. I am going to switch up the lighting but for next grow. This grown she's I'm flowering but spending more time growing taller than filling in buds

18. If you have a hydro shop nearby I would get at least one 8u mogul base flowering cfl and it's adapter for standard E39 socket today. Handle with care it's a big cfl. Like morbid compared to standard Home Depot 200w cfl, which is crap and a waste of $ for growing. I know and still have them as a reminder. Make Adjustments to accommodate for heat, gently anchor branches so she feels supported. Or if you can wait couple days, get hid online ditch all the cfl's to help try and achieve maximum output for the remainder of this flowering process.

Simply put you need more light ASAP.

19. Yeah.... the term is stretching.  I don't know autos at all, but I do know that if you use your cfls right you shouldn't have stretching on the level you are.  She looks stringy almost.  When I use cfls I keep them 6 inches away and sometimes closer.  Off 8 23 watt bulbs I hit 4 oz or so when training my plants.  They never got taller then 20 inches either. 

20. Havent been posting often on here in a while promotion at work but shes still growing

Attached Files: