Silly Pharm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by mrsilly, Dec 24, 2014.

1. V i'm using a small 48x3w mars-hydro led..and thass whats strange! the other cab the plnts yeilded less had a 96x3w led and more space plus co2...enviroment or pheno..or both?

2. Quality of LED and intensity makes a HUGE difference.

Idk if it was same manufacturer for both panels.. I would guess they are different manufacturers. That being said you won't be able to know the true power draw and PAR reading of your lights unless you have the proper tools. That is where the truth lies.. In that data. My guess is that your 96 count panel is being driven at low power due to lower quality components. More times than not the China manufacturer will go the cheap route. That being said I have also acquired AMAZINGLY performing LEDs from China as well...

Personally before any purchase I contact and verify with the seller that I'm going to get what they claim. I tell them I have my light meter and if the stats don't match up I'm returning the item and giving bad feedback. Ever since I started doing this all my LED components have been of top quality. Haha

Much love

3. #663 v_rude, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    DR MENGLE:
    PAR meters are $200+ easily... so i dont expect many people to have these.

on the other hand,
    Here is a good LUX meter for very cheap..

it will tell you how good, (or not good) your different lights are by measuring light intensity in form of LUX which is lumens per square meter.

This LUX meter is also a very useful tool for determining light placement and getting a rough idea of your different light's intensities and what not. ideally your canopy should have over fifty thousand LUX being read.

The most clear parts of the earth on a full day of sun you can get a reading of 100,000 LUX outside(close to the equator + high elevation).. but most places on earth on FULL SUNNY DAYS reads about 50,000 LUX outdoors.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a301ce6cc

Much love

4. Signed the contract yesterday now work for Nikon USA...... Hopeful

CONGRATS!!

Nikon is  HUGE BRAND! :yay: :yay: :yay:

6. Congrats.  Does it come with free marco lenses for those pretty girls you grow?

7. V my rigs are all mars-hydro 3w panels..btw i do have a light meter to help figure shading in the canopy and what to trim..also a point a temp meter so i can figure leaf temp vs ht..both relatively cheap and very handy to have

HMMMM...

so they are both from MARS.. I know the earlier generation MARS panels were manufactured one place and then they moved to a newer better manufacturer around the time they started selling reflector panels.

also their older GEN panels have much more RED..

If the poor performing panel you have is HEAVY in Red that is most likely the culprit.

Red LEDS have to be driven at very low power when compared to blue and white. So, assuming your panel is a single plug in on/off wiring then if it has heavy RED then most likely being driven at +/- 30% total rated power.

as the company got older the designs components and wiring schemes got better.. they started incorporating flower and bloom switches and so on.

USE the light meter to test the difference in between your panels! that will answer if its the light having poor performance or not..

cause if the lights are good, then like you said it falls into environment and pheno!

much love...

and yes the temp gun is handy! i have one as well and every time i use it i am so happy with the low temps put off by LED.

9. All my gear was bought in 2014 and not the obsolete older models..this ain't my first time with leds..i've learned much since 08..and i've tried models from two other co's so i know a crap lite when i see one..i just don't get into the minutae of therory behind it..it's not vital to me or the grow so i don't need to clutter my mind with it..in the past yes but after over 25 yrs of building stuff i'm done at that level..i know theres nothing wrong with my lites and it's not vital like say root slime..btw you do know this is a hydro grow..dwc? not soil? in drs hydro.. outdrs soil..my led rigs will never eqqual the sun and thass not what i'm looking for or expecting them to..theres a different dynamic going on with led that i'm exploring..

10. Right on .. I understand Doc!! 

i thought you were looking for help my mistake  :metal:

hopefully you get a strong yield next time around!!! Good to know you run hydro... i have yet to even begin to try and learn there.. still a little blade in soil! but i am sure soon enough i will be ready to explore hydro and i will reach out for advice.

much love

11. V i find myself pondering stuff but it's not a problem but a mystery to be solved and i luv intangible factors that come together to cause a problem.. when i figure out what it is . it's.like fixing old cars that i can't do anymore..if you click my sig below it takes you to my current thread i started in 2013..follow my successes and failures..my failures are epic and you can learn a lot of what not to do..lol!

12. Life's hardest-won battles, are also the most rewarding!!! Will do doc all love!

I try to focus on the tangible factors because those are the ones I can mold!! But I am still young .. Was talking to silly how I need to be more of a cause and effect kind of guy instead of oversaturating myself all the time!!

Haha :bongin:

13. V i call it info overload..when i first started i used to buy all the pot mags..spend $30 monthly on mags and dream..for yrs i did that..did lots of builds i read about and found lots of the info ''dated''..now i just hang on GC and i've learned more than i did in the previous 20 plus yrs..it's about practical application in a timely fashion and you can't get that from mags but GC is cutting edge in everything so you can get a perspective overview of getting there without hucksterism consuming your resources..especially notable in hydro..example white 5 gal bukts $2.50-$4..blk bukit $15-$35..outrageous! 

14. #674 v_rude, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    Yes sir I totally feel you doc! I am lucky to be an Internet baby, and have honed my skills in research using Google as my main tool. Really can accomplish, learn, and save so much when you learn to utilize the internet as a tool!!

FOR EXAMPLE.
    I purchased a 3 lens camera clip for my cell phone off of eBay for 5 dollars. interchangeable between Fisheye, wide angle, and Macro lens. I used the macro to snap these shots!

FIRE OG
    1425622335158.jpg 1425622346734.jpg 1425622354697.jpg 1425622363213.jpg 1425622371592.jpg

MY FAVORITE- HERIJUANA. I SCOPED IT AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD LIKE 50% AMBER . PERFECT FOR BED
    1425622443439.jpg 1425622454186.jpg 1425622462972.jpg 1425622472517.jpg 1425622480585.jpg

THOUGHT U MIGHT APPRECIATE THESE SILLY MY NEW FRIEND!! 🌱🍁💪✌✌

15. #675 v_rude, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    Today, I saw the same 3 lens clip on set for sale in 7-11 for 13.99..

WHOA! Quick search on eBay shipped to my door for third of the cost. Crazy to me the mark ups... And its that way with EVERYTHING.

16. Today On the Silly Pharm
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425700884.202182.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425700903.654105.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425700939.454072.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425700960.986342.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425700985.321159.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701010.720886.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701054.371923.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701069.870919.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701098.370208.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701139.271254.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701158.737441.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701181.687550.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701242.236947.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701260.803901.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701306.220982.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425701372.142075.jpg

Hash cap run with 24g and 2oz dragon into 3tbls of coconut oil and 1tsp of lethicin

New job with Nikon USA no drug test HQ out of Denver.

17. #677 v_rude, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Good to see the GDP started flowering :metal:

I am absolutely in love with the platinum cookies, that plant is gorgeous!!!

& the stats on those hash caps sound Potennnnnnnt :hippie:

18. WTF happened?  I slept right through Friday.  lol.

19. Lol sit I'm jealous....
    I wish I could sleep through days!!!

20. Hey Mrs S congrats on the new job. The garden looks great. Hope you are well buddy! Say hello to the wife for us!

~ poke