SwagginDragons PC Grow Box - White Widow (Auto) and Lowryder #2

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Swaggin'Dragon, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Full strength dose is 1tsp. I started the LST today as you suggested...accidentally snapped a branch off :/ luckily it was only a baby one.

Day 25 update!

Attached Files:

2. #22 splat41, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Looking good to me. Remember I'm a noob also. I'm learning on the fly also. And I might have waited too long to switch my lights. They might outgrow my cabinet. Lol. But your grow looks good

Thanks yeah I'm glad I got to LST in time, my plant just does not want to be tied down....its getting huge! Those spots are starting to show on my top leaves though on the easy ryder. I've narrowed it down to a few things. I'm thinking its because they are so close to the light or it's rust due to poor ventilation in my closet...the case is running 2 exhaust and 1 intake though. I'm about to make it 2 exhaust 2 intake but I'll do that when I make the carbon filter I saw in weedle's thread.

4. Maybe slightly phosphorus deficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I think nitrogen to be honest, at least on the easy ryder. ill post some updated pics tonight. I used a shitty PH meter that you stick in the soil so it might be completely different than what I think. Do you know of a cheap but efficient tool for testing soil ph?

6. #26 Delta9Times, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Now that I've taken a second look at the pictures I'd say your instinct is right with the nitrogen deficiency. I use one of those shitty soil probe ph meters too ..but I keep mine out of the soil and use it to check my water ph and surprisingly it seems to be okay since I haven't had anything too adverse happen hahaha 😂
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422141277.872865.jpg

7. I got the 3 in 1 version of that probe for moisture, light, and PH. I don't think it works too well for me...I ordered some PH up and down with a test kit so hopefully I'll get this situation sorted out soon...got a huge snow storm coming though so I think its going to delay the amazon shipment.

8. Yeah I don't think those probes are very good, I don't like mine but it gives me a reading so it's better than the unknown haha. There ya go! 👍 But your probably right with the delay on a count of snow, perfect timing on your order haha 😂

9. I've heard that if you give those probes a scuff with some rough sandpaper before each use, they'll be more accurate.

10. Yeah man, I hope you get the ph and nutes sorted out. I'm subbing and will follow your progress. I'm just about done with my first grow; probably another week or so to go before she gets the chop. I'm doing a pc grow in coco coir/perlite. But next grow I'm doing organic soil. That way it won't be necessary to worry about ph and nutes - just water!

11. Thanks for following, hopefully I'll have some new pics up soon. They are looking pretty bad because of the nutes but hopefully that will be sorted out tomorrow. 

12. I was finally able to pH them. My water was original above a 7.0 so I brought it down into the 6.3-6.5 zone and flushed my plants a bunch. I've been busy so these photos are from 2 days ago...they look a lot better now, i wish I got this stuff sooner.

Attached Files:

13. #33 Swaggin'Dragon, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Day 41 Update!

These suckers are really taking off and my white widow is finally getting some height! Hoping i pull an ounce in total off of both plants. After stabilizing the pH they seem a lot happier :). I don't know how much more growth my pc can handle...its running out of room.

When do they stop growing and start focusing on the bud sites?

Attached Files:

14. Have you switched over to 12/12 yet? Depending on the strain it could take a week or two before they start showing flowers. My Jack Herer took 2 weeks. Autoflowers start when they are ready despite light periods.

15. These are autos and I see some bud sites. I'm doing 20/4 for lighting but that doesn't matter with autos. They really don't smell bad yet but I can see some trichs starting to form on the inner leaves around the bud sites.

16. Day 47 update!

I've been watering the plants twice a week, one with nutes, the other watering without. They both get 1/2 teaspoon of fox farms grow big, and 1/4 teaspoon of fox farm big bloom.

The white widow is loving it but I'm quite confused with the easy ryder. I can't determine if its lacking nutes, getting nute burn, or if the lights are burning it. In the photos below you can see that one of the bud sites is turning brown which has me worried. I did a bit more LST work and pulled the sites down a little more from the lights so they are about 1-1/2 inches away.

Attached Files:

17. Wow, yeah that brown bud site is worrying, I agree. At first before i saw the photo, i was thinking maybe mold, but it doesn't look like it. Looks more like some kind of nute issue. Maybe one of the more experienced gardeners might offer an opinion?

18. I did a quick google search and everything that came up was about mold but I think I'll have to agree with you, I don't think its mold either. I'm going to give it some nice ph'd water tomorrow with no nutes...hopefully they will get a bit better. 

19. Yeah, I reckon you should give her a good flush with straight water and get good runoff. Then let her dry out a bit before next watering.

20. Seems like the flush really helped, I'm guessing it was nute burn. I guess I'll only use Grow Big nutes for the rest of the grow.