12 plant Dont know what Im doing, learning as I grow, Blumat, HPS

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. I did it. I went crazy.

On the way:

(2) 4x4x6.5 grow tents

(1) Mars II 1600

(1) Reflector 192x3 Veg Light

What I'm hoping for:

-A goal of 1.35 oz per clone in 2 gal container

-Low heat and ability to use in summer with minimal A/C

-Electric savings with comparable results to HPS

-Increased light life span

2. Since it's changes so much, when the two new tents and the LED's get here should I make a new thread?

I would just change the name of this one, and that's what I'd like to do, but it won't let me.

3. post here if you start one. Congrats on the1600

4. Thanks man, I'm definitely stoked.

Getting ready to go get some mdf board to make a box for one of my fans now. Can't wait till the tents and everything get here. Should be a nice set up. I think I have everything I need now trying to think of anything else I might need from the depot

5. Brewing a tea for the plants to drink tomorrow.

.5 cup alfalfa
    .25 cup kelp

bubble for 24 hrs nd serve

Also....

When my tents get here I think this is what I'll do. Take my three bigger plants that I have and start flowering them in the 7 gals. I will use two blumat sensors per 7 gal and see if it works ok. I plan to hand water in sometimes anyway.

The other 6 sensors I will put in two gallon clones and see what does what. The remaining clones I will keep as mothers. Also will pop new seeds.

And that should help me decide what to do next time. I'm curious to see how the 2 gallon pots perform. Especially if I get to give them a little veg time while I set things up.

_---------

Also, made a box out of mdf for my fan today. I think it helps some, but it's not anywhere near silent.. Not what I was expecting. it's the whoosing sound of the air that's loud. Maybe insulated duct would help? I'm wondering if it's even worth trying.

if anyone else has suggestions of how to use two 4x4 spaces let me know

6. The leaves on one of my fruit punch are yellowing at the tips. It's on the new stuff.

They all looked a little pale/yellowish to me but I thought maybe it was just the new growth and that they would grow into a darker color.

The other two seem to have done that to an extent and look better, but I'm wondering if I gave tooo much amendment to these pots, or maybe that last batch of tea was strong as all hell.

Makes me wonder if this tea is necessary.

Gonna do a quick check on what my last tea would have had and see if high doses can cause these problems. If so which I'm almost positive it is, I'll just have to dilutttttttttttte my mixture, and maybe I can find something else to use the strong stuff on. Maybe make a foilar.

7. Not a lot happening yet, but I'll post some pics up later today when I do everything. I'm gonna take them out of the tent and water right. I think I've not been watering correctly either.

Tea will have been 24 hrs at around 1030 so expect an update after that.

8. Looking droopy after the water.

I gave them each:

1 Gal plain water

1 Cup of tea which was 1/2 cup alfalfa and 1/4 cup kelp brewed for 24 hours with air stone

1/2 teaspoon silica per gallon

The clones just started to yellow like that. They are about 8 days old to me, so really it's a good sign. They're standing, and I believe they're eating themselves to sprout roots. I have that awesome soil just waiting. I moistened it up today with some of my mixture just the top of the 2 gallon pots.

It goes

first three "heavyweight fruit punch"

second three "heavyweight fruit punch"

last shots "deep cheese" i forget breeder.

Attached Files:

9. CRAZY SHIT

The first cutting to show the most roots was a deep cheese cut that I thought "this will never make it, way to small and a bad cut"

AND I stuffed it in the plug with another cutting!

Anyway, 2 or 3 clones have roots. The cheese cut is the most developed the other two are like little nubbies where theyre about to sprout.

Tents and lights estimated to arrive the 22, next week! EVERYTHING PERFECTLY ON TIME!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED!

10. beans I popped today for the new veg tent:

(1) Dinafem Dream Machine

(1) Dinafem White Widow

(2) Afghani (regular. If I get a male I will breed with something)

Gonna put most of those in two gal pots, and then I have one extra empty 7 gal I could put one in. Probably dream machine or white widow will go in there.

Then I'll still keep some clones from the deep cheese and fruit punch in veg as well.

11. sigh.......

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

12. Have you ever tried putting your closer in a darker place? I have had healthier looking clones when I root them away from the lights. I have read on here that the plants try to use their stored energy to grow bigger rather than concentrate on roots.

Obviously you are having success in your garden. Just saw those clones being lighter than the rest of your plants and if it is any concern of yours maybe less light for the first three or four days, maybe a week would do them some good.

13. Yeah, maybe it would I honestly don't know. I'm starting to see a little more roots, but not as many as I would like for this amount of time. It's only really been about 12 days but last time I had 7 clones root in 12 days.

As far as the yellowing, I assumed it was the plants using all the energy from the leaves to try and sprout roots. I essentially saw it as a good thing but that's just my hypothesis. Maybe someone who know's more can chime in.

I could put the clones somewhere or make shade for them, it's just cold outside the tent sometimes.

14. I don't remember who wrote about the leaves using the energy to grow, not for roots, but it was a senior member. It worked for me. I put them in the shade of a pot or something to block out the light. They didn't lose as much color as putting them right under the light. I get about 97% success (just a guess cuz I don't keep records well) but the leaves stay greener and the plant seem healthier and they are at least nicer to look at when they are nice and green.

I've had good success with cuttings doing it many different ways. The shade just seems to keep them healthier.

15. good to know thanks. will have to try it out

16. potted two clones and planted two germed afghani regular seeds today.

Hoping to see more roots from my clones soon...kind of disturbed to not even see root tips poking off stems but we'll see. It's only been 13 days so far. Last time I had 8 they took 12 days but they were in a different machine under slightly different conditions.

17. Jesus H Christ almighty the 1600 is fucking BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT JESUS BRIGHT!!!

Both tents set up, pics tomorrow. Too tired tonight and the house is still a giant mess from rearranging everything. Expect them tomorrow afternoon eastern time

The clones are all pretty yellow and sad looking. Put em in soil and hoping they bounce back. Some pots I put two clones in because I didnt have enough soil for all, and I will keep the better one on 1 week.

I plan on letting the clones settle for 1 week 2 weeks max and then flowering. Some clones and the seed plants I will put into the veg tent at that time.

Hasmt been long at all but happy with the 1600. Im having trouble keeping the room warm enough

18. Buttt now the RH in the tent is 19%. Im my room is 32%.

I just hung a wet towell in the grow tent. Im gonna make a foilar tomorrow with fulvic acid and aloe.

I hope I dont have to buy a god damn humidifier. Just one more thing to plug in :(