12 plant Dont know what Im doing, learning as I grow, Blumat, HPS

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. think i was a little too generous with the alfalfa tea. Plants may be a little burnt.

Should be ok. Think I should wait to cut clones?

2. Clones are cut!

I have 17 in my 16 site cloner. 8 Came from one fruit punch, 4 came from another fruit punch.

Then I took 3 from the deep cheese, and one more from a fruit punch. But at the last minute I found a cutting good enough for a fourth Deep Cheese cut, so I took it and put it in the last slow with the fruit punch.

I'm hoping I get 12 to take.

I'm going to put my soil into pots now and once I see roots I'll start plopping them in the tent.

Gotta get my damn veg closet cleared out again!

3. Just filled all my 2 gallon pots up. Had JUST ENOUGH soil!

Then end pots are more dense with less perlite than the rest, so I may throw 4 good ones in and the 4 last ones in too mix up for more consistency. Can't wait to throw the clones in. But man the clones are so small I'm gonna do at least 2 weeks veg with these pot sizes. Doesn't make sense not too to me. Might as well be patient and get even more.

mannnn....these weed plants and the fact that my parents would be devastated are the only things keeping me alive right now :(

Smoke one for a blade :(

4. Easy... Just keep water in the res. Only water. I top feed using a turkey baster and a measuring cup. Then I follow up with water same way to get it down. The Blumats just shut off until it gets dry enough to start again. I haven't watered my plants in my closet since before Thanksgiving. The tent I have also has the Blumats but with their res they sell. Same feeding method. Haven't watered there in three weeks. It's amazing to see how little water is used. It's incredible. And my growth is off the charts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I run Blumat maxis horizontally in the bottom of smart pots with two drippers per sensor.

6. #46 SauceDaddy, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    excited to hear that.

Im gonna have to see as I go with how many clones I get and when they root and setting up the blumats/pots.

I guess If I clear my veg area, move the big girls there, then I can put the pots and the blumats in the tent with the clones. Get the blumats dialed in with no plants, then plant into nice moist soil....sounds like a good highdea

can i keep a 5 gal res, and top it off regularly without having problems?

7. That's what I do. I keep a journal for that one in "Bobby's Grow" thread in organic journals.

It's a five gallon. With a res its a loop system back to the bucket. In my closet I use the faucet setup with the pressure reducer. The last in the chain closes the line off. So no loop on those.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #49 SauceDaddy, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    Nice stand. Thanks for the pictures.

I need to figure out some kind of catch pan. I'm just going to get all the electricity out of the tent and rely on the catch pan of the tent for a while I think. And hope I do it right lol

Could I start soaking the blumats now? Would it be ok if they soaked a few days?

9. nice LED too.....I want to get one some day. I'd like to do a big room with LED. Seems like people are finally getting results no one can really scoff at and even at decent prices if you're looking at mars 2 type light.

I haven't really looked deep into all the pan and spectrum stuff, but if the little bit of reading and arguments I've seen is right about useable light it seems like a no brainer. Especially after you consider the life of the things. And why couldn't you order a new panel of LED's and keep the power equipment to cut costs? Is that possible?

10. I soaked the ones at Bobbys for 12 hours. My closet I did 24.
    You wanna def have a catch if using smartpots for sure. There will be runoff until they are dialed in. But once they are dialed in you never have to touch them ever again. When I transplant, I put the sensor in a cup of water.

I think they say 24 hour soak.

Make sure to close the lid under water after you fill it so you don't get air bubbles.

I use sterilite dishpans I got at WalMart for 3$ and drilled holes to hold the tubing in place.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks. Bobby took the stand home from a show and the light is a Mars 2 1200.
    def getting results with this light.

12. I could probably fit a few 2 gal a container. Have to look into it.

13. I think you could with a little larger one. Mine are 18qt. I think they make a 24 which would be prob enough.

14. I hope I get enough clones to use all 12 pots. If not I'll just have a staggered harvest going. Let me see if I can find an old pic of cleared veg area.
    View attachment 1450382
    View attachment 1450385
    View attachment 1450388

Exhausts out ceiling into attic. Last time I put a plant in there it didn't go well if I remember right maybe it was the plant it was male, but I need to dial in before putting my valuable plants in there.

15. #56 SauceDaddy, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Everything is going ok.

Big plants growing along fine, bushing right back out after cutting.

I topped/fimmed the Deep Cheese because I haven't trained it as much as the Fruit Punch, and it's about even in height even though it's almost fully vertical.

All clones are standing at full attention, with no yellowing that I can see yet. Gonna top of res tonight to make sure all stems stay submerged under water in my clone machine.

Oh, and I think like 2 days ago I took the top half of Candy Kush. Smoked some quick dry small buds and it's a nice heady high. I saw very little amber on some places of the plant, mostly cloudy and some clear. Not sure how long I will let the rest of the plant finish. Really I want a better loupe. I think mine is like 40x or something, and it's almost enough but just not quite. I want a 50 or 60x hand held loop. Gonna look on ebay for them

I really only got one small ass bud from the main cola. It's less than a G I think lol. Good smell and looks though. I'm sure this bud would be very nice looking and smelling with a proper cure. It's still drying but I might just smoke it because fuck it. Or I could go buy weed......Or I could accomplish my goal of starting a T-Break....

The candy kush had about 8 weeks exact when I cut it. From what I read most people cut at 9-11 weeks. So maybe a week or two more on the CK I have still growing.

God lol I need self discipline and patience

16. We all do, we all do haha. Like watching water boil sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. " I KNOOWWW I'M NOT THE ONLLLLYYYY ONEEEEE!!!!!!"

If you know that song hahaha.

But yeah I'm glad. It would help if I had a lot to harvest. Then there would be no way to quick dry it all :D

18. Broke my fucking HPS bulb today.  It was a cheapo bulb but still I'm pissed.

I'm considering a Mars II 1200 or 1600. Just go LED now fuck it. Summer is coming, will be better with heat.

I'm just worried. Can a 1200 or 1600 MARS II LED really compete with a 1000w HPS?

In other news, I moved my fan OUTSIDE the tent and got all electricity outside the tent. So blumats can rock freely and I'm going to count on my catch pan in the tent to catch the water.

Also ready for a silencer box on my fan when I get around to buying that.

So $60-80 for HPS Bulb or just drop the $$$ on an LED light?

19. did it

Attached Files:

• yay.png
      yay.png
      File size:
      43 KB
      Views: