12 plant Dont know what Im doing, learning as I grow, Blumat, HPS

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. I used to hate when leaves fell into my hydroton in dwc.

Now I love when the leaves fall into my organic soil.

2. #22 SauceDaddy, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    Man that no till thread is a beast full of knowledge.

I'm about to order some barley, aloe powder, fulvic acid, and maybe some freeze dried coconut water? Then I should be set no? Aside from needed to get EWC from time to time I guess.

Any thoughts?

Also have a worm bin on the way already.

3. Nice your jumping right in like I did.

Add some neem meal to your list and you'll be set!!! ( you already have kelp, crab, and alfalfa right?)

4. Yeah I have a good amount of crab and a lot of alfalfa.

Kelp I need to replenish.

On the build a soil website, they had neem oil or neem cake. I think for me I'd want the oil correct?

5. I'd get the meal. Can be used to make Pest management in teas and as a soil amendment.

6. so is that the "cake" version?

7. #27 SauceDaddy, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    Well, just watered with the alfalfa mix I made up.

I took 4 cups water to 1 cup of tea and watered each plant with that mix. Then I went and added a little more plain water to each pot.

Then I took a spray bottle a little less than half water and the rest tea and sprayed the leaves. Gonna leave the lights high for a bit to try and stop burn spots.

Heres some pics. The Candy Kush auto, then the Fruit Punche girls, then the Deep Cheese.

Also I added about 5 cups full strength tea to the soil I have cooking now.

Am I adding enough water? Or should I be adding one gallon or more to each plant?

Also, I'm seeing some yellow tips on the fan leaves of new growth, maybe my EWC mixup was too strong?

Side note:

I'm not happy with the Galaxy S5 Camera at all. lol

Attached Files:

8. Yea the cake is the meal.

9. Ok thanks. Im really curious how this "fruit punch" is going to be. I like how its growing so far except that I dont know what was up with my soil. For all thats happened I guess its hardy because it seems ti have recovered pretty well.

The deep cheese is nore indica, and is smaller and slower growth. Seems to have maintained overall better health and deeper color. Im sure it will make some good bud. Hope it has the cheese smell. Havent had cheese in a lonnnng time :(

10. Forgot to mention the fruit punch is supposed to be more sativa dominant

11. Never topped these babies yet

12. I forget where it was posted, I think it was chef ziggy that posted it.

It has something to do with the top of the plant being the control centre (one of them at least, the roots are as well if I remember correctly) and topping affects the growth of plants towards the light. The top is what makes them grow towards the light. This may not be exactly what was posted but it's along those lines.

Tie those bitches down instead!

13. #33 SauceDaddy, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    Yeah I haven't topped yet because I'd like to have a lot of areas for side shoots to sprout from. I know LST can cause more off shoots but still nodes help too.

I may top them soon. I need to find a new way to tie down. My whole career I've been using bent coat hangers or paperclips or what have you. Not only does the plant sometimes become too strong and start to pull my stakes out, but I realized that I may be restricting growth too.

Because I bend the hooks in a ' U ' shape and push them into ground. This causes the stem to try to grow over this peg. I used to not worry about it but I stopped it from happening this time around because I got to thinking...

the stem is a passageway to carry nutrients etc....I dont want a big ass skinny section in the stem where the nutrients/food/ADP or whatever is trying to pass through all at once. Seems like thicker would be better.

So I took out the older stakes and tried to bend the new ones more than wide enough for any growth. One plant has a little section that got pinched but it's not as bad as it was on some of my other plants. Maybe it's not even something to worry about lol.

So yeah just some side thoughts there.

14. That's how I do it too when the plant is smaller. With hay wire cut to appropriate lengths.

Once it gets bigger I use string to actually tie it, or bamboo stakes.

I'm still new as well, take my advice with a grain
    Of salt. Most of this is what I've read here through others.

15. It's cool man I appreciate you stoppin in here and talkin with me! haha

I'm just rattling off ideas. You ever notice your stems being "pinched" and "expanding" around your original wires? or do you bend them so open that the stem cant be restricted?

16. Hi, nice to see another Blumat believer!

17. We'll see, gotta try em out first. Seems cool. Read a lot of good things on different places. Any ideas for feeding teas, etc while blumats are installed?

18. Coot recommends adding nothing to the bluemat res. with the exception of silica.

Using teas on your soil and foliar is fine. Just none in the actual res.

Yea the stems get slightly pinched sometimes. I've seen no ill effects.

Another way I train is actually bending the stem the direction you want it to grow to the point of almost breaking. After a few days where you bent it will be a nice big knuckle. I read somewhere in the hydro forums that this actually increases the plants "flow"(not sure what to call it) through that stem.

19. Cool. Good tips. Man I can't wait to cut these clones. Might start putting my soil in the 2 gals soon.

20. the clone machine should be here tomorrow. I'll probably go ahead and cut if it arrives. I might wait just a little longer to cut