12 plant Dont know what Im doing, learning as I grow, Blumat, HPS

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014.

1. #1 SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    Hello all,

This is my.....3rd or 4th time going indoors.

Quick BG Info:

Trial 1: Bubblicious and Rambo Lambo. Rambo hermied, impregnated bubblicious. I chopped early due to impatience and "fk it my plant hermied" syndrome. Was on bottle nutes

Trial 2: Amnesia Lemon. First time organic, loved it. Chopped early, pretty good smoke still.

Trial 3: A fem seed was a male and I had 5 really nice clones that meant nothing. I was so excited I had a mother and two spaces and everything. So the goal is do that again with females :D

Fast forward to now and my soil sat for a long time, probably became inactive. My plants are about 6 weeks old, but they are stunted.

I have applied an EWC and water tea, and also an "EWC Slurry". I'm ordering alfalfa and silica as soon as I can.

Strains:

Fruit Punch

Deep Cheese

Candy Kush auto

. I have mixed a new / re-amended batch of soil and will let it cook for the next few weeks while I work with the plants I have. Plan to clone them into 12 plants and let them rock with blumats.

Pictures coming soon. Any questions please ask! Tune in and let's see if I can do things right this time!

2. #2 SauceDaddy, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    This is how they look now. If my check came to work today I will order alfalfa and some other things tonight depending how much I have to work with.

I think the EWC treatments are definitely improving the soil and the plants. I hope to see healthy new growth within two weeks.

I have mixed up a new/reamended batch of soil for clones and new beans. I will start one white widow around the time I can take clones. By then the soil will have done any cycling it needs to do and now it's just a waiting game.

Camera makes them look a little more green than they really are. And sadly they are about 6 weeks old today!
    View attachment 1651238
    View attachment 1651237
    View attachment 1651236
    View attachment 1651234
    View attachment 1651232
    View attachment 1651231

3. Just made an order.

12 Sensor Tropf Blumat Kit

20 lb Alfalfa Meal

16 Site Clone Machine ( I also have an 8 site machine)

2 lb Crab Meal

12 (2 gallon) smart pots

Once that all gets here I will make a tea and cut clones. Maybe the plants will be ok for cutting without alfalfa tea, we will have to see.

I'll fill up the 16 site cloner and then put 12 into the new soil I mixed up. Then I can set up the blumats and watch em go!! :D

4. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Don't by shy everyone, go ahead and tune in! I know things are slow now but they'll be up and rolling soon. Just a few more weeks. I'm getting excited my self.

Don't know if I mentioned, but my three plants have already shown preflowers so I know I'm working with females. They're definitely growing again and while the color is still not where I'd like it to be, I think over the next week or two things will even themselves out and I'll apply alfalfa tea as well.

There are enough tops on each plant to get at least 16 clones total, but I want to make sure they're healthy before cloning of course. All the 'tops' are pretty long due to the way I've pinned my girls down for their lives.

Anyone got anything to tell me about the blumats before they get here? I read that some people buy new hosing for it, I;m gonna let the kit get here and see what all I need. I'm hoping I can do it with nothing extra!

5. #5 SauceDaddy, Dec 28, 2014
    Got the alfalfa meal and crab meal today. Got the 2 gallon smart pots too.

Gonna start making tea soon, they got just plain water today. Looking better for sure and growing more quickly. Pics soon.

6. #6 Da-Lu, Dec 28, 2014
    Looking good man. Plants look healthy even though a bit small for 6 weeks. Keep doing what your doing.

Just for future reference. You may want to add aeration to your EWC top dress. Will help prevent the top layer of muck that dries and creates a hard layer.

7. Thanks for that tip. I broke some of that stuff up into the soil and it watered in nice. Gonna pick up n more ewc today and silica. Maybe molasses too. That should realy help out. Cant wait to put 12 clones in these smart pots
    Thanks for stopping in dalu

8. No problem bro!

Plants are looking healthy for sure and it seems like your only getting more knowledgeable!

9. SauceDaddy

I've been using Tropf Blumats for about 5 years and I have helped others put their systems together. If you're going to use a large reservoir then adding a powerful pump with airstones will preclude (prevent) any number of problems. 

Other than liquid silica do NOT try to push anything other than straight water through this technology or you will have problems like you can't believe.

CC

10. Yeah I just plan on straight water. Was thinking about 5 gallon bucket res to start what do you think?

That would work as long as you're ver diligent about keeping it filled. Do you have a faucet near the room that you could dedicate for this project?

Path of least resistance and all of that...

CC

12. Possibly I could tap into a line but trying to keep it moveable. How much do yiu thinjbid have to top the 5 gallon off? I read that varying levels can cause runaways?

13. Blumats came today, now all I need is cloner.

I went to hydro store and bought and airstone. Got a 2L pump thats pushing air into a tea mix now.

This is what I did

5 Gal Water

1/3 - 1/2 cup of EWC

4-5 Cups of Alfalfa meal

about 2 cups of kelp meal

4.5 teaspoons of silica

Gonna let it brew for 24 hours and water. Plants are a little dry now but they should like this. I'm going to take some full strength as a foilar spray and then I guess I'll dilute the rest. Any suggestions?

14. I could be wrong but 4-5 cups of alfalfa per five gallons seems very very strong to me.

I usually use 1 tsp per gallon.

15. Yeah I think I made it way strong. I guess I can always dilute it? Crap

16. Exactly just dilute it and you won't have to waste it.

Honestly bro I think it's better to under-do than overdo.

I use very small amounts in my teas.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

17. #17 SauceDaddy, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    Yeah theres always next tea! Any ratio suggestions?

1 gallon tea for 3 gallons water to dilute?

Also, I bought some EWC and Happy Frog potting mix today.

To my already cooking mix I added about 5 gallons Happy Frog and a little less than that EWC.

I also mixed up

2 cups kelp meal

1 cup organic fertilizer (Espoma Tomato Tone)

1 cup Lime

1 cup crab meal

a little alfalfa

mixed that up and added one cup to all my new soil. Wet and mixed.

Should have enough ready for my 12 pots now I think. Maybe a little less.

I'm projecting that within the 2-3 weeks it takes for that soil to settle I'll be able to cut and root clones. Then I want to put the clones into the tent, get the blumats set up for 2 weeks or so while vegging the clones. After two weeks 1000w HPS goes in and flower time starts. So maybe beginning-mid april it should be ready

18. #18 SauceDaddy, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    gonna try to water the babies tonight. My candy kush is almost done but it's super small.

I think I'm going to do one part water one part tea for a foilar spray. Then use that lighttttttly.

After that I'll probably do 2-3 parts water to 1 part tea and do some regular watering. Only way to know is try I guess!

530 PM makes 24 hours of bubbling. If someone can suggest how much to dilute before then that would be cool.

I think I might do 4-5 parts water really just because I see people talking about diluting when they put 1 cup or less in 5 gallons lol

19. Yea that sounds like a good dilution rate. Remember less is more! You can dilute it even more if you want to be extra safe.

I'm sure someone will hop on and help.

There's a few threads by experienced growers whose experience I trust. Check out others tea's. Most notable ( I've learned the most from reading their posts at least) are Coot and Bluejay.

First page of bluejays no-till thread has some good watering info.

20. Im actually reading bluejays thread now. Idk why I put so much alfalfa. Right after I made the tea I found the recipe I was looking for that calls for much less. I think I should have put the silica in after too.

Im on page 7 of bluejays thread learning a lot. Now I know to keep the soil I have cooking nice and moist while I wait to put my clones in. I may try to do no till on my 2 gallons in flower tent if possible.

Its funny, I used to take leaves I plucked off etc out of the tent because I though "oh no, maybe the plant will see this part of it in the ground dying and get sad" or something along those lines hahaha