Recirculating DWC Blue Dream 600W grow journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by thepurplem0nkey, Dec 22, 2014.

1. #241 thepurplem0nkey, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    My cure is going very well! The buds smell fruitier and fruitier each day and they are shrinking into nice dense nugs. I've been smoking the buds daily over the past few days and they are fantastic both in taste and in potency. I open the jars for about 30 minutes every 12 hours. Ill continue doing this for another 4 - 8 days.

I finally got around to making my dry ice kief. From the looks of it, I'd say I have 6 - 8 grams. The shake i used was still "wet" and had been sitting in the freezer. I think the kief will dry in a few days, and when it does, I'll press it into a nice fat chunk of hash!

I used a 120 and 160 bag and mixed the results together. I have enough for two nice chunks of hash but I'll probably make one big one.

[​IMG]
    -TPM

2. I pressed about 1/3 of my kief tonight. I roasted it over the stove then stuck it in the freezer. The resulting hash is SOOOO GOOD! I'm pressing the rest either tomorrow or the day after. Here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Smokey black on the outside, nice and gooey brown on the inside. mmMmM.
    [​IMG]
    This is a little slice sitting in the pipe.
    [​IMG]
    It burns perfectly!
    [​IMG]

3. PurpleMonkey, that looks delicious, nice and blonde, I'll bet it bubbles/melts nice when you burn it.   How is the high?? 

Pahly

4. Pahly, the has reminds me of a nice blonde Morocco hash (if you've ever had the chance to try it). This hash bubbles at first touch, but then the edges glow bright red and stay lit like a piece of coal.

The high is super mellow and 90% body stone. I have to be careful with this stuff: when it is readily available and at my disposal, I can go through fine hash like water. It raises my tolerance level too high and I want this to last :) That said, I still have a SMALL chunk of hash from my previous grow, so I can make it last.
    -TPM

5. Ok, this is the second and final batch of dry ice hash. This kief was a little more dry then the previous batch. and it was about twice the amount. It was t-pressed and turned it as much as possible, then tools were used to turn it even more. The metallic pres/tube was "roasted" over a flame for a few minutes until smoke began to escape. Next, it went straight into the freezer. After about 30 minutes, this was the result:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This wont be cut into until the other/first hash disc is used up. This will sit and age inside a glass mason jar until that time.

By the looks of it, I'd say 6 to 8 grams of hash.

-TPM

6. Not sure if I missed it but was curious of you got an idea of final weight ???

7. Hi Jerryg420. I still haven't purchased a scale :-( I'm going to order one today online. By the looks of it, I have about 6 or so ounces of bud and about 6 - 8 grams of hash. I'll know a more approximate number once the scale gets here, I've just been so busy with work (about 90 hours a week) that I haven't had time to weigh everything out.
    -TPM

8. Damn bro, that's a lotta workin!
    I have that kinda work ethic too. My harvest is around the corner, bout 10 days or so.
    Just make sure you stop and smell the flowers when you getta chance. How much bud do you estimate loosing from the pm? Let us know when you get the scale. Take care man.

9. Hi Jerryg420, yeah I work one full time job and two part time jobs as well as some freelance :) This is all by choice: I love working, I love making money, and like you, I have a strong work ethic. I also agree about stopping to smell the flowers: all work and no play makes M0nkey a dull boy ;-) Believe me, my wife and I work hard but we also play hard: we travel a lot all over the world and we make time for each other and ourselves.

My scale SHOULD be arriving tonight, but if not, tomorrow for sure. I think I lost about 2 - 3 ounces from the fungus. THAT SAID, about 70% of that were smaller buds. I'm not thrilled with that, but to recover ANYTHING after such an infestation is a victory.

My future plans are shifting a bit: I plan to start another grow using the same tent/setup in two to three weeks. This time, I'm setting my buckets up for an LST grow and only vegging for two weeks. I want this to be a MICRO grow and get one more harvest out of my old system. I've decided to do this for several reasons:
    1. It's getting warmer already and I live in a location where heat is an issue during summer. I DON'T grow during the summer, period. So I need to get a grow going SOON if I want to harvest before the heat really becomes an issue.

2. It's going to take me a few weekends to build the new system. I am not the handiest of handymen, so creating things using tools is not my forte'. I know the process of building a new system will take too long to start another grow before the heat, so I want to get a micro grow in NOW so I can have all summer to work on a new system.

3. I think I saw one of the major flaws and causes of the fungus: I had two fans at the front of the tent, blowing towards the back. I need to put one fan in the BACK so it circulates the air fully......I also need to avoid overflows and water leaks, which I think also lead to the fungus.

So anyway, those are my plans so far. I already know the tent I want to buy and I'll probably get it within the next few days, but I won't set it up or use it until after summer. It's time to get one more (micro) grow out of my old tent and system, which I think I can handle if I use LST and only let it veg for two weeks.

So stay tuned for an update on the weight and possibly the start of a new grow.
    -TPM

10. So my scale came in: I have 5 1/2 ounces of dried bud. I've already smoked about a quarter, so it's safe to put my total dry yield at 5 1/2 to 6 ounces. Not too shabby!

The hash (total) weighed out to 5 grams.

Now that I have an accurate measurement, I can guestimate I lost 2 ounces (of much smaller bud) to fungus, maybe a little more.
    -TPM

11. #251 jerryg420, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    So bout half an elbow ? Not bad. Is that what you expected? What have you gotten in that tent previously?

Is my math about right putting that around a lil more than 1/3 g per watt??

12. I love lookin at your grow man. Those are some awesome pictures. I'm definitely coming back. Subbbdd