Recirculating DWC Blue Dream 600W grow journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by thepurplem0nkey, Dec 22, 2014.

1. First things first, to me it looks like the spot that first contracted it is in the corner of the tent without a lot of airflow.

I'd add another fan to that area asap, your RH has been under 50% correct?

I've personally never had it but it's the bane of many a grower. Looks like your best bet would be removal and praying.

Prevention is key, Neem oil in veg will allow the plant to build up it's defenses.

After this run I would bleach the entire area and containers, some people even run sulfur in the room or UV light in the air intakes.

I'm an organic guy myself I'm watching this for inspiration I enjoy how detail orientated you are.

Wish I could be more help, feel.free to ask the organic guys most of them are nice enough.

Hth

2. Hi Haggard,
      I appreciate the tips! I did spray it with neem oil twice during the veg as that's when I first saw the fungus. I also used a milk/water combination. That seemed to keep it in check, but it has come back over the pat few weeks.
       I have two fans running, but both are at the bottom of the plants. I am hoping the fungus spray does the job. I also plan to chop as many fungus leaves as I can spot tonight.
       I should be harvesting in about two weeks or so, so I am hoping I can at least get some buds from this grow, if not the full amount I was hoping for. The real downer is I can;t make hash out of the cuttings :-(
       Once this grow is complete, I think I will be rebuilding my system entirely and I will also clean out the tent.
       Thanks for your kinds words re: my diligence and detail in posting. I try to be as detailed as possible and I like to post "in real time", so folks can see either my success or, possibly, in this case, my failure as it happens. Just goes to show how bad things can go even this far into a grow!
    -TPM

3. Well that makes a lot more sense! Once PM is inside a plant it's not coming out, it can even be passed on to cuttings.

Kelp meal, Agowin is the brand I use, not extract is pretty much a cure all.

O and trust me I've lost about 10oz to mites late flower my first year lol

4. Well, after taking a close look at the ladies in the back, I have decided to chop down the biggest (and non infested) buds and throw away the rest. This grow will be OFFICIALLY OVER by this weekend. The fungus is too wide spread, and I don;t want to waste any more time/energy on a lost cause. I think some of the to colas will be fine as the fungus hasn;t quite krept up that high, but everything else is lost. This is a real bummer, however this is also a GREAT learning experience. I plan to toss the tent and system and buy a new tent and rebuild a new system. I plan to be up and running again within 2 - 4 weeks. A few things I will do differently:
    1. I will buy a tent that has side zippers so I can access the back plants.
    2. I will move my tent to a better location in my office where it will have better air flow.
    3. I will do a weekly NEEM treatment.
    4. My new system will be sturdier and more secure, preventing some of the leaking/water issues I experienced during this grow (and what I am sure was a contributing factor to the fungus growth).

I hope you all enjoyed this journal and I hope you can use this as your own learning experience. While I didn't necessarily make "mistakes", there were a lot of things I could have done differently that you now know to do :)
    I'll update this thread one more time once I have chopped everything down and then I'll start a new journal when I am ready
    -TPM
    -TPM

5. NOOOOOOOO! Not sure how your so collected about all this. It's been a pleasure reading your posts I'll be anxiously waiting for the next journal. Thank you for the great read and detailed posts. We are both in shock. Sorry again man you worked so hard.

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog

6. Hi Bunnyslayer,
       Hehehe, I am upset, don;t get me wrong, but I have a "ces las vis" attitude. THere will be OTHER grows, and with this unfortunate experience now behind me, I can draw upon it and trey to ensure future grows don;t suffer the same fate.  Thank YOU for your support and advice, it has been very much appreciated.

7. Damn pm, fucken bummer.
    This really emphasizes and reinforces the importance of prevention. I'd guess that water spill a little while back contributed to the current situation. I think it was lurking in the shadows from early on. You got it under control but then that wet/ moist situation made shit pop. If you don't mind, please take lots of pix of the pm so gc can get a good look at infected plants.
    My sincere condolences pm,

8. Hi Jerryg420, I think you are SPOT ON with your comments on how the water overflow (my office turned lake) probably contributed big time to the outbreak. I did notice the fungus a few weeks in, but I managed to kill it or subdue it with the milk spray. As the plants turned into a jungle--making the rear plants inaccessible--and with the water spill and higher humidity, it came back with a vengeance.

I absolutely will take lots of pics so folks can get a good look at what it looks like and how infested the cab is. Stay tuned: it will happen this weekend.

-TPM

9. Hey tpm. Sorry to hear about the loss of the plants. Has got to be a bummer. But its a lesson learned. I wish you luck on getting things cleaned up and look foward to seeing you get thing back up and running

10. Whoa, haven't stopped by for a minute, and I come back and find this.  :eek:  Sorry for your loss PurpleMonkey.  It's such a shame as your buds were/are looking so good.  Can you make BHO out of the infected buds??  Next round will be better, with a new tent and setup.

Pahly

11. DAY 59 (DAY 41 of FLOWER STAGE/ 12 on 12 off)

CURRENT PPM: 1130 +/-

CURRENT PH: 6.2

PH CHANGE OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS: -.04 (from 6.2 - 6.6) I let it slip and let the water get low because I thought I was going to chop it down. I adjusted everything and now it's fine. It only sat like that for a day and everything is fine.

CURRENT WATER LEVEL: Medium Adding water tonight.

CURRENT TEMPS: RH: 55% , 70F

HEIGHT: Jungle sized and Fungus Friendly.

OK....made another executive decision. I got an organic fungicide in the mail the other day and decided to go ahead last night and douse the entire grow with it, as much as I could anyway without access to the back. I figured I had very little to lose at this point, and a lot of fat top colas to win. This morning, things look a lot better! I notice the fungus is really only at the lower portions of the front two plants, and I cut a bunch of those leaves away. Even before that, it looked like the spray was starting to work. SO....

I'm continuing this grow, knowing that it's impossible for me to make hash out of the cuttings, but I think I will be able to harvest maybe 30% - 60% of the prime buds if the fungus doesn't spread. I'm sure going to try anyway. The buds are really taking on color now and they are just two weeks or so from harvest. I think it's worth trying to battle it out, even if I get just ONE top cola to dry...it's better than nothing.

I chopped away some of the front based fungus, and as a result I am drying some nicely formed buds that had fungus leaves well down below. They will be my tester. I'll let them drye over the next few weeks, and I can look at them through a jewelers loop and see what I see.

I took some pics of the plants, the chopped bud, and the infected leaves:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TPM

12. Way to hang tough PurpleMonkey!!  Sending healing vibes to the you and the plants.  I'm lucky enough to live where my humidity rarely gets over 40% so powdery mildew is rare to non existent.

Pahly

13. I'd probably do the same if I was you . With the finish line so close, how can you not??? Hopefully that spray will keep things under control.
    Those nugs have fattened up nicely.!

14. DAY 61 (DAY 43 of FLOWER STAGE/ 12 on 12 off)

I'm way too tired to pot all my stats tonight, so I'll keep this brief. I gave the ladies another heavy spray of the natural fungal spray tonight and I also removed as many fungus leaves as I could spot. I think the spray is helping, and all my prime buds are not affected by the fungus at this point so I hope it stays that way.

Things smell absolutely fantastic and the buds are almost dripping with resin. This is the beginning of week 7, and it looks like I have another week and a half left on these babies--at least--so this may be a 9 week flower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jerryg420, thanks for the support :) The buds look nice but still need time; chopping down now would pretty much be a waste, so I might as well wait it out. A little bit of SOMETHING is a hell of a lot better than a WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING! Oh crap, now I feel old for saying that....
    -TPM

16. How's the smell in there? Curious if I'm getting the same smells as you.

17. Nice I'm "rooting" for you. I just hope the spread is slowing/stopped enough to harvest some? Just curious as to why you couldn't blow it the butane only attaches to the thc and all other contaminants are left behind/ boiled out? At least that's what I've gathered. Gc people please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But I'd blow everything mold and all or even a more refined method like shatter.

Grow journal aero 4400 watt scrog

18. DAY 62 (DAY 44 of FLOWER STAGE/ 12 on 12 off)

Some new pics for you all. I think the fungus--for the most part--is under control. Things smell AMAZING!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -TPM

19. Glad to see thats almost over and saved it. Keep the under growth trimmed up a little moe and the lake with the 70% humidity didn't help. The under growth cleaned up will let air flow around In a circle better less popcorn buds and larger colas but since you trimmed up a lot the infected parts that's what it should be like or even less being you took some higher leaves

Sent from my iPad Blood Eagle