Yellow Tips My ladies have the clap

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DrummerMark, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Have you been feeding or anything since your last post on 12/22??

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So right now. They are really waiting. I have some clones I am trying to catch up. They are about 5 weeks into veg. I do have them on fox farm nutes. 1\\4 strength. Feeding once a week. Temps are 78 degrees humidity at 60%. Ph 6.5ish. No other problems from the 3 other strains I have. Only this one.

3. You should apply some organic soluble potash if you're sure the root-zone ph is okay.

4. #24 Sativa Scotty, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    I was drawn to this thread by the title. They have the clap? I better keep a close eye on my girl😆

On a serious note: Wak I see answers all over the place on how to measure soil PH. I've got high quality brewing test strips. What's your take on how to do this?

5. #25 waktoo, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015

I don't measure pH in the soil, other than when I've had my soils lab tested.  I've never monitored or adjusted anything since I started building my own soils.  Including my 8.1 pH well water...

IMO, the best way to keep soil pH in the "sweet spot" when using chemical fertilizers would be to adjust the strength of the nutrient feed water.  Might be why the "Lucas Formula" tends to work much better than following the directions on the bottled nutrient.  If you're getting low pH readings from your runoff, dilute the feed water more (mix it less concentrated)...

Soil pH is dynamic.  It goes up, it goes down.  It's never stable.  The pH of any soil runoff tested is only an indication of the pH of the soil solute AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME.  When the soil root zone is flooded with soluble fertilizers, the plant has no option but to give up hydrogen ions in exchange for those soluble nutrient ions.  When you fertilize, your soil runoff will naturally be "acidic".  At that moment in time...

Plants don't experience "lock out" from "built up salts".  They experience "lock out" due to the fact that there are too many hydrogen ions present in the soil solution.  This is what keeps plants from adsorbing nutrients effectively/efficiently.  The Cation Exchange Capacity of soils helps to normally buffer rapid pH swings, along with proper amending with liming agents.  CEC also allows for plants to feed from the soil solid phase, when they want, as they need it.  Drenching the soil with soluble chemical fertilizers is more akin to "force feeding", especially when applied at normally recommended application rates...

6. I'm using a true organic soil so when someone here says "it's your PH!" I scratch my head thinking it's got to be something else. The new growth is healthy but if this continues I'll start a new topic. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422687878.937279.jpg

7. Scott - not to sound like a dick my friend. You are hijacking my thread. Please go start your own

Sent you a PM...

9. Waktoo... talked to a couple of buddies on this issue l. Here's what they thought. Could be one of 2 problems. Could be macro nutrient such as calcium or magnesium but based on the way the leaves are spotting he wasn't sure. He mentioned it could potentially air flow. I don't really have an oscillating fan in there and maybe they aren't breathing. I added an oscillating fan today. I'll keep you up in the progress. Thanks again sir

10. #30 waktoo, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015

Do have an air intake/exhaust set up?  To draw fresh air into the grow space and take the stale air out?

I wish I could be more help at this point, but apparently there's something wrong with the GC system, and I for some reason am unable to see posted pictures.  I'm flyin' blind here, man...

11. Sorry, got caught up in my own excitement without thinking. (Tip toe'ing slowly backwards out of this thread)

12. Could it be from low humidity or heat? What levels the humidity at? And what's the temp range? The thermometer should sit where the tops of the plants are for an accurate reading. I say that cuz it looks like you have it sitting under the canopy on the floor in your picture. if you have low humidity or high temperatures your plants will start to show signs of deficiencies.

13. i would like to retract my whole post. Apparently I didn't bother reading the thread before posting my dumb questions.

14. No worries Zone! I figured that my friend. Temps and humidity look good. I'm thinking lack of good circulation. I am running a 1k watt and 600 watt and pushing air through those to cool. But not really doing a good job of bringing in fresh air. Hoping that's the issue. Thanks for following up my friend