Is rugby America-footballs Improved version?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AlexJacK, Dec 22, 2014.

1. I'm just curious to see what you guys think since I'm having an argument with myself to whether rugby is just the more structured game of American-football? I'm pretty high now please post your thoughts 😁

2. Not at all, they are two completely different sports.. The ball is similar and the "objective" is too, but the gameplay, rules and positions are vereery different..
    I can tell you this because I play rugby and I follow the NFL, and also have played american football before :)

Turn on, tune in, drop out

3. I have played both, haha but rugby is a hard sport. Football hits are way bigger, and dramatic, but rugby hits hurt way fuxking more

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'd say its the opposite actually because in the nfl you always have to line up in an exact formation before every play unlike rugby which kind of just keeps going. Also I think nfl is a way better sport becuz its ridiculously exciting with huge plays happening all the time.

5. i dont know much about rugby but from what ive seen it seems like a more free flowing version of american football, whereas american football seems to have more structure. so idk. my best guess would be that you dont know much about american football because if you did i dont think you would say it isnt structured.

6. Well, I'm not from America but I have watched some games and seen that the point system is similar. Remember, just because you're a football fan it doesn't mean everyone else is.

7. thats un american.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

8. I'm from Australia so rugby league and union are the most common football games watched here but NFL is watched as well. I like all the games but I really hate how slow NFL is compared to the other games. There a mad plays etc with NFL but most of the time I watch I see like 10-20 second plays with longer breaks in between where the other sports are constantly played with only half time for a break..