please help me save my grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 833875, Dec 22, 2014.

1. hey blades i really need some help. this is my second attempt at growing and hopefully my first successful one. i started off with 3 white widow, 3 northern lights, and 3 special kush. they all germinated. i moved them to rock wool where 7 of the 9 sprouted. i overslept one morning and missed a watering time so they all dried up except for 2 of the white widows and 1 of the special kush. so on the 18th (december) i put them into my homemade dwc set up. they are about 2 weeks from seed.

i put 1/3 strength nutrients in the 15 gallons of water. 

anyways my question is they are yellowing at the end of the leaves but are growing roots through the net cups. is this nutrient burn or something else? i really appreciate it guys i really don't want to fuck this up. I've never gotten this far before.  and is the 3rd picture. is that completely dead. do you think it can come back?

Attached Files:

2. and if it is nutrient burn should i take out a couple gallons of water and out in distilled water to dilute the nutrients?

3. please yo. i really don't want them to get fucked up

4. I'm not a hydro guy but I'm pretty sure that ppm is important, do you have a meter? If not, would you like to buy mine? Battery is at 100%, it's practically brand-new. I'll send you a pic if you're interested.

thank you but i already have one. i appreciate it tho. my ppm was at about 250 so i took out 3 gallons of water and put in 3 gallons of ro water. its now at about 150. should that be ok?

6. #7 Chief Smokumlot, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Soil grows don't have a set feeding schedule. Use the schedules to judge the amount of nutes to feed, not when too feed. Hydro is a different story, but in soil plants need to dry out which can't be done properly by following a set schedule, a common mistake by new growers because the roots need oxygen and can actually drown if the soil stays too wet. Drying them out causes the roots to expand deeper in your pot, giving you a larger root ball. Wait till the plants tell you they are thirsty if you attempt soil again. Till then if you want help with hydro , you will probably get more advice in the hydro section.

7. #8 Chief Smokumlot, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Those schedules they hand out with nutes are a guideline and most of them aren't only engineered for cannabis, some aren't engineered for cannabis at all, tomatoes, household plants etc, but growers adapt them

thank you. yeah I'm using hydro. does that look like nutrient burn or a different issue?

9. I've never understood why noobs just wanna jump into hydro with absolutely no soil experience...

What kind of nutrients are you using?

techanflora 3 part. 

11. hey guys so i have 4 healthy plants left. to try to fix the yellowing in the leaves i added the technaflora MAGiCAL, sugar daddy, and thrive alive b1.the ppl is holding at 315~. lights go off at 2 and hopefully by tomorrow they'll look a little better. ill post some pic up tomorrow. i might turn this into a journal. 

12. #13 Sade, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    How old are they?
    What kind of lights?
    Distance looks fine due to no stretch.
    Also doesn't look like rock wool mildew. You added nutrients already?

Edit:what is the ph level and ppm as well?

13. #14 Deleted member 833875, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    they were put in the hydro set on december 18th. the light is like 4-5 feet above them because i didn't put enough ducting on the end os the air cooled light so i can't lower it that much. if they start stretching i will though. the light is on 300w hps right now. 

and i covered the rock wool with hydroton now that they got tall enough to prevent mold or whatever. yeah i did 1/4 strength  but noticed the yellowing so i added the calmag sugar daddy and thrive alive. ppm's are at 315. I'm gunna go check on them now before lights go out. ill post some pics 

14. pic update

Attached Files:

15. ppm is still at 315. ill post more pics in the morning 

16. Part of your problem is using distilled water.

I'm not a hydro guy, so outside of that, I'm no good.

But distilled water has no minerals, ions, or impurities for anything to bind to. If the nutes can't bind, they can't be taken up by the roots properly. This is why using distilled water in a soil grow can kill your plants quick-fast and in a hurry.

Otherwise...I hydro-clone...so THERE I can tell you that while the roots are young, NO nutes. Clonex or similar product, OK, but until your plants are in veg properly (about 30 days from germ), nutes are bad, mmmmkay?

That's the only advice I can give you, currently.

17. #18 Deleted member 833875, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

the only thing is i don't really have an option. the tap water in my house is about 350ppm. I'm pretty sure i can't use that right? and yeah i heard that RO water is bad since it has nothing in it but most of the posts I've read said that calmag is good for ro water. 

and do you know if using nutes is ok since my ppm's are still under what my regular tap water would be?

thank you

18. NO nutes until plant is into veg...around 30 days from germinating.

Buy spring water...or buy distilled and mix a couple cups of your tap in. All you have to do is give everything the plant takes up with water something in the water to bind to, so it's uptaken. Really, that's the downfall to distilled...it's so goddamn neutral it won't pick anything up and carry it to the plant.

19. from only using distilled water... lolol

Distilled water will not kill your plants...

Attached Files: