Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magical Butter Machine Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ogryankelley, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Hey guys, recently bought a magical butter machine, and I'm curious as to how to go about using it correctly. Im using 4 sticks of butter and two ounces of decent weed. That being said, what temperature should i be using, and how long should i be cooking it? The instructions given say i can make butter in 4 hours using 160 degrees as the temperature, I'm not sure if thats enough time and/or heat to activate the THC within the bud,, any help would be great!

2. I'm also interested in this topic, as I am contemplating purchasing an MB2 for myself. I actually want to make RSO (Rick Simpson Oil), and I have heard it said once or twice elsewhere that this is possible with this machine, but these could just be ill-informed opinions. Would really like to hear from someone who has experience with genuine RSO as well as the MB2 machine. I have seen Youtube vids of people making tincture with this machine, but that is not the same as RSO.

3. #3 gardenwizard, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    WARNING AT HIGH ALTITUDE. An FYI for buyers. I got a MB2 machine n used it per manual, fine n expensive herbs they were...tincture w Everclear. It started all right n after hour off i went to shower, noticed manual said use lower setting 130 for high altitude way up here BUT machine didnt have that setting..hmmm, figure machine must be improved over older manual? The Everclear turned into what you can imagine was pressure cooker steam when exploding! Turned machine off n no liquid remained, motor appeared to burnout and huge burned mess in machine. Called company and rep said oh, did you use the high altitude setting? No, it is not on the machine. Well, let me get you someone that knows. Oh, well we had some problems at high altitudes but didnt bother to recall these ( did my zip give you a clue, did you send me the new n improved machine before you new and improved it?) Waiting now for replacement. Least the chickens liked what i could scrape out before returning it.Still airing house out n glad was alone, worse than can describe.

4. Wow man, now that is a definate BUMMER. I've now heard a couple of unflattering stories about the MB machine itself and/or the customer service. Until recently, I was seriously considering purchasing one to use to make RSO. Being in Australia, I needed the international version, which has been unavailable now for months. Lucky for me. Otherwise I may have shelled out the cash only to realise later that I didn't really need it and that perhaps it didn't do exactly what I thought it would. 

5. If you want to make RSO. You should visit the thread called Phoenix tears uses (from PsychedelicSam).

PsychadelicSam also has a thread called Another Tincture thread.try it you'll like it.

I haven't heard anyone saying how the MB helped them or saved them time or made anything special.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 gardenwizard, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    The company promised new MB2e fixes all issues with high altitude, that was the only issue I had with it. Beats the old-fashioned ways for sure but seriously, don't wanna be blowing up pressure cooker of Everclear) and oh such fine ingredients..I like the machine if it doesn't have these safety issues, so automatic, reminds me of Kitchenaid or Vitamix) for herbs/blends.

7. So what exactly do you use your machine for man?

8. Are you happy with the results?