Bong vs Pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BearParp, Dec 21, 2014.

1. What do you rather prefer a bong or a pipe? I usually like the bong since its not as harsh but what do you guys think? 

2. Yeah I like smoking pot too bro!

3. That's actually not the question he asked.

Nice attempt at being a dick though.

4. Don't have A preference for either one so I just stated the fact I could think of to do with the question ;)

5. #5 Ethnicity, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Here's a pretty good table seeing as how I've used pipes and bongs simultaneously for a year. Just a very basic analysis. 

Pipes: + Better Taste, + Portability, +Stealthy if necessary
               -  Harsher Smoke, - Less smoke Inhaled at slower rate (Depends on pieces).

Bongs: + Holds much more smoke, +Filters "impurities" for cleaner smoke, +Smoke is cooler from the water/ice chamber
                - Usually not very portable without sacrificing quality, - Smoke usually loses some of his herby taste (Not all clearly), - A bust if 
                   use isn't proper. 

Also, both of them are equally as good. I mean they both get us high so what matters right? Unless you want the best smoke quality. In that case get yourself a G Pen or some other herbal smoking vaporizer. 

6. I prefer a pipe generally as bongs make me cough every time for some reason. 
    In the end I bought a hybrid. 
    It is like a big pipe, but it has a bubbler part for water.
    It has one of those splits with four arms coming down into the water. 
    The bowl pulls out for a carb. 
    It is awesome. 

7. Since I bought my bong I rarely use pipes. If I feel like smoking out of something different than a pipe then I usually roll a J. I use pipes as a stealthy device when I'm smoking outdoor, for example when I go for a walk, bike ride etc.

8. Bongs all the way. I havnt owned a bong myself because im still living with my P's(moving out next week) but since i use pipes all the time i gotta say perfer bongs. Why because i get tired of lightig and lightin and its harsh on my throat with bongs i can rip it once and still get high or better . And Bongd come in all shapes and sizes!!

9. Bongs for sure! Even a homemade one (like the one I use, made from a smartwater bottle) is extremely effective!

10. I love pie!

11. This question has been asked too many times.

12. But pie never gets old!

13. Why do you keep commenting idiotic things when you haven't even answered the question yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. pie is not idiotic! :(

15. I prefer bongs mainly because they give bigger hits and I like the efficiency I can get with one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I've used pipes for a couple years, my first time smoking was out of a crappy little wooden carved pipe lol
    I mainly smoke a blunt but whenever I can use a bong, you'd better bet I love it
    I've taken up making homemade bongs since I live with the 'rents and such and I would hate for a piece to get broken if they found it