Advantage to a CAB Grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chilimaned, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Aside from the obvious stealth factor, is there any advantage to a cabinet grow? I live alone and can use a spare bathroom tub. I will be growing fast and vast auto.

2. #3 Head Chef, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    No advantages what's so ever in a small grow.

Well asides from the fact you can harvest some weed but if you like alone why not grow in a tent like 3-4 plants?

If your going to grow then make it worth your while :)

Chef.

3. Bigger grow more weed 😆😆😆

Attached Files:

4. Will a tent have an advantage over an open tub? I guess there is a benefit from an enclosed space. Is it the reflective walls?

5. Reflective walls and the holes are already there for passive intake and your venting, huge bonus if you're not completely comfortable with the exhaust set up. And you get a sealed environment, makes controlling RH and temps easirr

6. A massive benefit because you can control temps and humidity better, and more importantly you can make it more stealth because it's enclosed and you can deal with the smells.

Chef.

7. Yes as a tent will make easier for controlling ther environment heat humidity smell carbon filters a must have imho as the girls get real stinky in flower 😆

8. Thanks everyone! A tent has been ordered.

9. ooo wat you get?

Chef.

10. Gorilla 3x3. Prob doing cfl for light.

Better off with anything else + HID

Seriously, the quality of your enclosure vs quality of lighting is no contest. Lighting first. It's not like your tent will be discreet or anything, a $400 tent does the same exact thing as a $100 tent unless you put shitty lighting in it.

Sorry man, it just makes no sense to me spending $350 on the tent and $50 on your lights. Should be the complete opposite if you're on a tight budget.

12. If you have a 3x3 tent a 400 or 600 hps ought to be on your radar. once they smell you should have research the fan and filter system

As soon as I posted I started rethinking my choice. I have since cancelled the Gorilla tent. I now have a Milliard 3x3 tent and a 400w HPS/MH light setup on order. Thanks.

14. Good choice, you will be in a better position to upgrade things as you go if you start out with a decent light.

15. Nice tent man! Great tent :)
    Cfls can produce but there is a lot more work involved, thought about leds?

Chef.

16. This is complete BS man...
    There is a huge difference!!!
    Gorilla tents can be extended in height, they have the thicke grade material for no light leaks, they have the best grade Mylar out of any tent out there, extra surport bars, extra cover on zips for light leaks, and much much more.

Gorilla tents could support a fricken gorilla in side!

AMAZING choice of tent OP, just lights and extraction now :)
    Check into Mars-hydro.com leds, cheapest on the market and boy oh boy do they perform!

Chef.

I hear ya man, it IS a very nice tent and OP should definitely buy one. But not at the expense of his lighting, that's a no-brainer. What's the most he could harvest with $50 worth of cfls, couple of ounces? As opposed to HID where he could pull a half pound to 3 quarters, have plenty of bud for personal use as well as enough to turn around and upgrade any equipment that he couldn't afford the first time.

Sorry man, I know you're a cfl guy but for somebody who is starting up with a limited budget.... the very fact that their budget is limited in the first place, leaves them less money to throw away on cfls when they find out that it just doesn't cover their needs, much less a little something extra to reinvest in their grow come harvest time.

But you are right, the Gorilla tent does a lot of things, it's adjustable and is of the highest quality so in that respect there are differences between a cheap tent and an expensive one, and if that's a priority for OP over harvest weight then more power to him. It's just something that I would acquire later on, if a new grower has to prioritize a limited budget, then quality of lighting should come way, way, way before the quality of his enclosure, and I stand by that opinion.

18. I understand all of this, some good points.
    But I wasn't aware the OP was on a small budget so that's why I was gunna convince him to buy a Mars II 400, can grow 3-4 autoflowers in there at 2-3 ounces an auto :)

Chef.