Using a scale in the cold

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ptlarz, Dec 20, 2014.

1. So this bud that I have is sooo stinky and dank that I can't keep it in my room unless it's in a mason jar. I just went outside to weigh a few zips into my jar and my scale was being stupid inaccurate! I tared my solo cup on it at 8.7 and watched it walk it's way up to 9 without me even touching it. Then I started weighing and I took it off at 27.8 only to see -9.5. I just came back inside and threw a nickel on it and it reads 5.0 like wtf it must've been the cold

2. 👍

We call him Chief Kief now

3. Probably was either the solo cup inaccuracy or the wind

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. Electronics perform best in extreme temps, everyone knows that.

5. I once walked into a shop and used there scales.the guy wasnt to happy lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Fucking gold

7. #7 Blu3B3rryKush, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Back when I was working in a certain kitchen, our chef was my dealer and he would give me my bag and I'd put it on the scale to make sure, was usually right on, but he developed a boy habit and the bags started coming up light or wet so I quit fucking with him an then he sabotaged my fucking job. Fucking piece of shit human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Hate people like that.as you say horrible people!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Probably the wind. Or whatever you set the scale on was really uneven. 

10. #10 BLUZero, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    To gain any accurate measurements with a scale, it would be best to weigh your product in an enclosed space, such as a room, with a very static temperature and air pressure.
    In other words, go inside next time. You'd be surprised how much a slight change in air pressure can affect your weighing.
    Also temperature can affect it if you're going for measurements accurate to hundredths of a gram or more, depending on the quality of your scale

11. Well I was inside a barn that we own, had it placed on a table too probably shoulda mentioned that haha

12. if you can't go inside do it in a car, on top of the center console or dashboard

13. I have to do this all the time lol

14. Was it well sealed? My general experience is that nowadays most barns are more full of holes than swiss cheese. Unless you were out on an actual farm with a need for a barn rather than an old rundown barn that is only used for storage/unused.
    In short: go inside and try again. Your best bet would be a small, well insulated space that isn't drafty.
    Someone suggested going in a car above, I second that if you can't go inside a house.

15. I live on a farm..

16. I weighed bags in the middle of A trails and a lady walking her dog passed by.bags and bud everywhere

17. some scales are just touchy esp the cheap ones

18. I have a double decimal scale (.00) and the wind fucks with it hard, making the weight jump all over the place. If u got a garage or shed thats what i would use

19. Was it on a flat surface, untilted?

20. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum