Bought new stuff to dab but doesnt fit

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by 420sausageweenie, Dec 20, 2014.

1. #1 420sausageweenie, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    I purchased a TI nail for my bro cause he wants to try dabbing out of one of our bongs soon. (we don't want to buy an actual rig cause we have to many pieces as is an we don't want to dab all the time) The nail I bought said it was 18mm an it doesn't fit into my bong at all with stem or stemless which should be a 14/18mm fit I'm thinking maybe the TI nail i purchased is a 19mm but most pieces are just universal at 18.8m I thought!

http://www.gogopipes (.) com/domeless-titanium-nail-19mm.html
    this is the piece an it does not want to fit into a 18mm hole at all the site says 18mm or 19mm
    \nnow i was wondering if i should buy an adapter to go from 14m/18m male to 19m female which seem scarse to find.. but because it doesn't seem to want to fit 18mm or what could i buy to make this work out of my bong lol.
    also it is a domeless one but should I still buy a cheap glass dome piece cover?

2. I've encountered 19mm nails, but the end was fairy tapered so it still fit my bong decent. And I suggest you toss that nail, $25 is too cheap for good Ti that nail looks gross.

3. #3 420sausageweenie, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    I figured it was cheap lol an its not that gross looking.. Just liked it cause it looked simple to dab with just rub it in the middle an the thing should just fit lol.. , they say you need spend 50-100$ on a good TI nail, I'm just not to into it like that just yet to want to buy new pieces an such, gets expensive. The only way I can see this working is if i buy an adapter I believe , I found this http://www.ioffer.com/i/14mm-to-19mm-adapter-converter-528800644

otherwise like you said I might have to just buy a new piece .. I was looking on some sites that had the nail, adapter , dabber, an dome glass piece for 30$ but that still sounds to cheap..

if i can't find the perfect fit ill probably just rig something ghetto an stick the ti nail in it lol I've done worse

4. I don't think that you understand the dangers associated with dabbing of a nail such as the one you bought...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Let me take a shot in the dark but are you trying to fit that nail onto a female joint?

6. Uhm apparently I Don't know the dangers but please enlighten me , I also took off the bottom Piece basically the slide an now it JUST fits. Ill give it one go but if it falls its prolly gonna go in the garbage lol ..

7. im sorry but you terminology is confusing tf outa me

8. Basically I saying how this piece doesn't fit an everyones acting like ill die from smoking out of it

9. Can you post a picture of your rig?

10. #10 DabsOnTheMountain, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Heavy metal poisoning is no joke bud...
    Enjoy your dialysis.

And post a picture of your piece. Is it male of female? This seems to be the most common problem with people getting into rigs.

11. If your bong is 18mm opening with a 18 : 14mm downstem that nail won't fit.

I believe, from what I can understand, that you removed the downstem and inserted the nail in it's placed.

You will lose your water filtration. Get a 18 : 19mm downstem if you can find one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I have 2 bongs one of them is a1 footer with a14mm joint size for the downstream an a 18mm (have a 14mm downstemm as wells for it) a. My second bong able to hold the nail is a 2 footer 18mm joint an 18mm downstem now I'm almost sure its a 18.8m (19m) nail it JUST JUST fits when I take the bottom piece of the nail OFF theres suction coming from the bong so its good to smoke. but as "dabsonthemountain" stated I could get sick from faulty metal is there any way to test this nail is safe to smoke out of because I already figured out pieces for it (if not ill buy a 18mm to 19mm adapter) so it fits in perfectly

The biggest help would be helping finding a way to figure out if the nail is okay an not harmful to smoke out of. an if it is what is NOT SAFE to smoke out of then what's a cheap rig that wouldn't be fake or harmful or a nail that's real for under 50$ that's real.

Thank you guys for the info on not getting sick !

13. I can guarantee there are impurities in that nail, but a simple way to test if its at least a titanium alloy is to put a magnet to it. Titanium is not magnetic. Second look for a grade stamp, you want grade 2 and from somewhere that isn't China. Avoid purchasing things like this online, I have personal relationships with the owners of both headshops I visit so I can verify the quality of items like this not to mention the steep discounts haha.

14. #14 DabsOnTheMountain, Dec 22, 2014
    Flux nails by Highly educated run for $35 on aqua lab Technologies. Highly educated is awesome, their metal tests above standards and they price things well in my opinion. There's really no way to tell, unless you contact the company that made it. If you can't find a website with proof of the purity than don't use it. If it just says gr2 that dosn't mean shit because different countries have different grading standards. gr2 in China is basically just a tin can someone stepped on a couple times.

To be honest with you though, i used a cheap nail a couple times while starting out and i'm fine. But my piss smelled like flowers and i started to feel extremely ill, like i had the flu. After using it for 2 weeks. I never went to the doctor but i had a friend that had the same thing happen to them, only they said their piss smelled like the dabs they were taking and they were violently ill. We felt sick for almost a month after. It's funny how we already were making our own oil that looking back was clean and stable, but we used those $17.99 nails... We quit dabbing and then got new nails and never had an issue.
    Learn from our mistakes though.

15. Ya that doesnt sound safe at all .. I put the magnet to it an nothing... I still don't trust it .. I'm going to put it in my junk draw.. I feel bad getting this piece for my bro so I'm going to look into getting a new nail or a rig. What would be a good site/price for a 14mm nail/dome for my bong (I still really don't want to buy a rig for it cause I have to many pieces)

16. Aqua lab technologies. Look em' up on google, they're the best online headshop.

17. #17 420sausageweenie, Dec 22, 2014

thank you an everyone else for all the information its helped me to understand this stuff a lot more an know what I'm purchasing ! I honestly should of put this question in toking tools Q&A but thank you for understanding my newbieness right now xD

I just have a few last things ...  but i still want a nail , thing is my bong is joint size 18mm an downstem is 14mm

http://www.grasscity.com/concentrate-utensils/concentrate-nails/he-v3-titanium-nail-2-25-14-mm.html
    I want the nail so I found a nice HE which are very nice products, thank you for that I just wish I found a 14mm adjustable to 18mm but sadly i only found one or the other so I chose 14mm.

also i don't know whats up with the measurments 2.25", how will i know if these nails will fit in my bong with that screw on piece ?

I found a nice dome piece for cheap for aqua lab i like there pieces there cheap an nice looking i might actually get one soon.
    with the domes would i have to get a 14mm right? Or would it be better to get the dome for cheaper or just get a metal cap piece or whatever there more expensive.
    http://www.grasscity.com/concentrate-utensils/aqua-lab-tech/aqua-lab-tech-top-load-vapor-dome-14-mm.html

18. Please post pics of your bong you are trying to use and we can tell you what kind of nail to get. At the very least is it a male or female joint

19. The hilt is 18mm but the downstem 14mm pretty small heard the smaller the better for dabbing I decided the / footer was to much lol

20. Wow 25 bucks for a nail. I can get 2 grams of choice weed delivered to my door for that price.