Sex Ed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by leagalAlaska, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hey all I'm mid grow on my fist try and I have 4 plants in flower right now. I've had suspicion that my NYC diesel was a male for a while. I thought I'd wait to see what happend.

After a week or so I saw beautiful white pistols showing and I got pretty happy thinking it was a gal. Today I went I LST it again and saw clusters of pollen sacs so I looked into it, and sure enough I believe this plant is both male and female "gender challenged"

I know this question has been answered how ever after my search of Google and GC I found there's not a lot of answers for a new grower like myself.

Here's the male organs photo
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419097191.959681.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419097227.293707.jpg

Now I don't know if this means that the pods have opened or not is the thing some look as though they may have...

I have two vegged photo period plants. The diesel is auto, I have one amphetamine auto, and two black cream autos in flower, and I also have three new autos that are around there fourth node.

If indeed there is pollen scattered around my grow tent, will all these plants be affected by it? Or just the plants in flower, I know that it has to have pistols to get pollinated, but I don't know if the pollen would sick around and as the younger plants grow they would pollinate?

If I switched the photos to a 12/12 cycle would they have pollen on the leaves and develope seeds?

Should I pull all my plants out now and scrub the tent or is it too late?

I separated the diesel into a whole new room as soon as I saw them.

I also cut off one cluster of pollen sacs and squeezed it and it seemed wet and not like a normal flowers pollen.

Here's a few more shots of the sex organs any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. All the sex questions I found were just dudes asking if my plants a male or female and ridiculous. Hopefully there's more information you all have gathered over the years on what to do!

It sucks were on day 37 of the grow.

Oh last question if I cut all pollen sacs off will that make it ok or maybe to late, or would they just grow back?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419097899.926270.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419097919.753406.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419097944.765727.jpg

Thanks GC!

2. They are unopened but they drop fast.

Unfortunately if you have more than a couple you can just pop off probably have to cut it down

3. Thanks mongoose!

I'll try popping them off and keeping it in its own room. May just let it seed and grow a few new plants next go around.

What would you do?

I'm leaning towards pulling the sacks, it's my biggest plant so far and I'm trying to make some money this grow.

4. I would kill it. I'm at the point in my growing career where I am trying to find and retain excellent cuts, I've grown too many males to keep any sacks. Nanner or two even not worth keeping the cut to me.

5. Makes sense. Thanks for the help. For now I guess I'll try taking the pollen off and maybe store it I was going to get colloidal silver to get seeds from some of these autos soon any how. Still new to growing so maybe it's worth it for me.

Plus I've spent 300 dollars on seeds already so I want to stop that for a while.

Was going to grow three plants of the same strain and the third of each would be a seed grow. Then store seeds till I wanted to do a solid one strain at a time grow. Right now I'm just seeing what strains I like so I'm doing 8 strains. I have quite a few different strains in seeds in my drawer that I just don't have room for them yet.