Help Late to flush plant before harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kingpin2014, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Just asking dude, peace

2. No problem. Just answering. It does not mean I never smoked but my habits changed as my priorities changed. They will likely change again now that I don't have to work anymore. !!!!

3. In fairness it doesn't tell me how you know but can appreciate why you don't, didn't mean to come across aggressive apologies my man and peace

4. Know what? Family and friends tell me how good it is. they smoke when they visit, I trust them not to lie. I like to grow and they like to smoke. A perfect dance partner.

if the way it burns and smell is an indicator excluding everything else then it is very good stuff. My oldest cure goes back to early JUL. Most recent goes back to 8DEC or so. By time I retire I may decide to try all strains.

i hope this clears things up.

5. Sorry man I didn't realise I sent the first reply wanted more info I'm a nosey fecker lol

6. #26 ProGMOII, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    I am good with providing info, sometimes too much. As I near retirement I have to remember I am not yet retired.

All is not lost if you do not flush, dry slowly and cure for a while.

7. Those leaves have a lot of green in them for amber having already taken form. I have used nutes up to harvest and only water the last two weeks and I haven't tasted enough difference to worry about it. If it's ready, chop it.

8. What is wrong with everyone saying don't flush your plants!!!!!!

If your feedingb your plants with chemical nutes then why would you want to smoke these chemicals??

It's madness....listen OP, if you have used any nutrients other than organics then you MUST flush to get rid of all the bad shit.

Chef.

9. #29 ProGMOII, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    These chemical nutes are the exact same chemicals the soil makes. Nitrogen is Nitrogen. phosphorus is phosphorus, potassium is potassium. The problem may be that you over introduce whether through science enhancements or through making a soil too hot. the problem is not with the guy who does not flush, we do not see a problem. It is normally the organic snobs that insist it somehow does some magic. Flushing is awesome for salt build up in leaching the soil. What is funny is how many organic guys deny their process creates salt in the root zone.

If it works for you and your peace of mind, i support it. There is zero science that supports flushing to enhance flavor or removing toxins from the buds. I still love you HC!

10. you can pick up a stronger jewelers loupe for $3 or 4 on eBay if 20x isn't doing it.

11. What did you end up doin?

12. Smoking chemical filed buds?

Chef.

13. Hey guys, 
    \nI finally harvested my first grow and have been drying my bud for the last 4 days, Last night after trimming it up I noticed that there were whitefly crawlers in the bud of one of my plants. I tried picking out as many as i could with a pair of tweezers and segregated the bud of that sick plant into a separate container. 
    \nLooking for advice on what I should do to get rid of them and preserve my bud.
    \nWhat more can I do? is it safe to still smoke the bud? should it be left alone?
    \nAs of now i have place the buds from the 2 plants in separate bags and turned on a heater to speed up the drying and hopefully be able to pick out all those suckers and then restore texture to the buds by curing. Am I on the right path? 
    \nAppreciate any help. Thanks.