Help Late to flush plant before harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kingpin2014, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I've been growing a master kush plant in peat+perlite and the trichomes have all turned cloudy with just a hint of amber; I'm looking for the active high; so i guess, my plant is ready for harvest. 

I had just flushed it with nutrient water a week and a half ago and I just flushed it with clean water and drained it till it was clear.  

The question now is:

How long will it take for the chemicals to come out of the plant? How long should i wait to chop it down?

2. If you are anywhere near harvest, forget the chemicals going away....just harvest as usual and give em a long cure...you know about that? Just look up how to cure , theres plenty of that on here....point being, if you have fed pure water for the last two weeks up to harvest, you have done about all you can regarding the chemicals in your plant...

3. How's the plant looking? You know when a lot of nutes have gone since there will be multiple leaves changing colours and other deficiencies.

What nutes you using? Chemical or organic?

Chef.

4. I haven't been feeding it clean water for the past 2 weeks. i was giving it nute water, now it's ready for harvest, i have Just Now flushed it with clean water, how long should i wait to chop it?

5. Yes, Leafs have changed color to purple at the bottom of the leafs and a few at the top. the plant is also showing signs of deficiencies, a bit of yellowing on a few others. I have just flushed it with clean water. how long will the plant take to absorb it and remove the harmful chemicals? 

6. #6 Head Chef, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    What nutes you using?!
    Chemical or organic?

If organic you can chop now.
    If chemical you will need to flush and then give straight water for 7-14 days untill you belive all excess nutes have gone.

You will learn from this mistake and in the future you will check the plants trichomes earlier and more often :)

Pics help SO much man.
    Also purpling can just be from temp drops. Pics?

Chef.

7. #7 kingpin2014, Dec 20, 2014

give it water everyday for 7-14 days? damn. wont alot of the trichomes turn amber by then? they are all cloudy at the moment

9. 5-10 days plain water
    Not everyday, as needed

10. Nope only water as the plant needs it.
    And yeah they will change but thats why I said you will learn from this mistake and check sooner and more often in your future grows :)

Chef.

11. Yeah, was having trouble getting a hold of a microscope with + x20. finally got a little pocket one and its a pain using it. Will probably upgrade to a digital usb one. Pix are from a couple days ago

Attached Files:

12. Doesnt look close to done imho. Looks like it needs more light.

13. According to the dates i should have had another 2 weeks to go but the trichomes are definitely all cloudy when i use the microscope with just a few amber here and there. I planted this late in the season so throughout its life it's been on a 12/12 cycle and the weather is getting cold. 

Showed signs of sex on Nov 7 and breeder says 8 weeks of flowering to finish, so it should have been ready on the 7th of Jan

14. 60x scope minimum imo:

Chef.

15. yep, thats the plan. comments on the pix?

Yeah, like pokesmot said those don't look done. I wouldn't be going exclusively by trichs at this stage of the game.

17. #17 kingpin2014, Dec 20, 2014
    the hairs have also curled back, heres a pic of it before like 2-3 weeks ago. notice the hairs on top of the main cola and then compare it with the other pix i posted earlier, 

what's your estimate? how long left? 2-3-4 weeks?

Attached Files:

18. #18 ProGMOII, Dec 20, 2014
    Regardless of the nutrient source you are good chopping it when the trichs are done. The plant as a couple others said look like she could carry on a while longer.

Flushing is over rated for the casual smoker. I would consider it for medical use, only to provide patients with a peace of mind. I would do it for sales too, if a guy will pay top dollar for me saving money on not adding nutrients, I would help them out, LOL! The anecdotal is it tastes better. or removes some nutrient from the bud, plant physiology does not support this. 

Never in the past nor with the 5 strains I have on hand, no one has every said anything but praise. All have carried nutrients up to the end. The only shitty weed I have had was dried fast or not cured at all.  The closest I come is timing the last feeding with water only. This is not done for removing anything, it is done to add the slight stress of no nutrients before chopping, nothing more. I do not smoke myself, yet!

What buzz do you like? Cloudy/slightly clear will give you more of a cerebral buzz and as you know once you get mostly cloudy into the amber the more narcotic the weed.  Also the plants traits will factor in as to what buzz it provides when ready.

Do not panic with flushing, just dry slowly and cure nicely. Even organically grown weed tastes like shit if the final phases of weedology is rushed.

19. If you don't smoke how do you know

20. #20 ProGMOII, Dec 20, 2014
    Because I grow for family and friends. I enjoy making people happy. I also am working in a job the does urine tests frequently. Does that sufficiently satisfy your inquiry?

Come end of JAN I am retired. I think I will give it a shot. Smells good and my back kills me!

• Like Like x 1