Ohio is messed up

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hillbilly420, Dec 20, 2014.

1. #61 FlawlessMagnum, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    are you talking about them bitching about how this bill doesn't please them? If so I agree

2. #62 Through The Trees, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Yup. Wahhhhhhh we can't grow 100 plants and have 50 pound of weed on us wahhhhhhhhh fuck the man I'd rather go to jail for having a few grams on me wahhhhhhhhhh I already grow more then 4 plants wahhhhhh id rather get a felony charge instead wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

man I hope you guys aren't even old enough to vote.

3. The bill allows you to grow 4 flowering plants at a time not including the veg stage.... you can grow pretty much all the bud you want fuck the monopoly anyways

4. I've literally spent hours researching this and now more confused than ever. On one hand I kind of hope issue 3 passes since I currently don't know where to go to get it on the street and don't want to take the risk of getting in trouble. But I've been hearing a lot that a monopoly would not be good and it may be better in the long run that it fails this year and possibly passes next year under a better plan, but then again there can always be amendments to the law. If both issue 2 and 3 passes, it looks like it would go to the Supreme court to come up with an outcome.

5. So many prohibitionist shills on all outlets spewing garbage and buzzwords in attempt to stop this from passing, and sadly it's working. I don't know how people can't grasp the bigger picture that if we don't vote this in now, there may not be another chance for a while. Things can't always be perfect (10 investor Monopoly blah blah) but this would be a step in the right direction and there is always ways for the legislation to be improved after legalization.

YES on 3 NO on 2! Woooooooooo!

Ohio is ready!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. #66 weedyweed, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    Make sure you vote YES on 3 and NO on 2.

This is the first time I've seen a legalization campaign backed by TV commercials.

TV commercials cost money, and if we blow this chance, no one is going to put up like that again.

This is our chance.

VOTE YES on 3 and NO on 2.

NOVEMBER 3, 2015 -- in just a couple weeks!

7. I've been all over this Issue 3, at first I apposed the issue as there were better alternatives. Now reality sets in, no other amendments have the necessary backing to win. The ballot language actually uses "monopoly" in the wording, when in actuality there will be no monopoly, but 10 limited grow "sites" as this takes off, with more grows added as need arises.
    As important as passage of Issue 3 is, as important or more so is defeat of Issue 2 the anti-monopoly issue as it's called. Issue 2 is not about monopoly anything, It's in reality a backdoor way to eliminate any chance of legalization now and maybe for ever, and at the same time remove due process to the people of Ohio by removing our ability to petition change to the laws by putting the process of change in the hands of legislators who never seem to get anything done in a timely manner.
    As of late, most of, if not all of the other amendment proposals are now supporting Issue 3 as they realize this has to be done now if we are to have any chance of legalization any time soon. Just today on the news I see that "Montel Williams" is in support of Issue 3, and he has no interest in this what so ever, only that he cares enough to commit his support.
    It's up to us now, get out the votes. Yes on 3, and a bigger NO on 2

8. #68 weedyweed, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    Yep. Everyone who intends to vote "Yes" should bring AT LEAST one other person along.

Even if they don't smoke and don't care about weed, ask them to come with you and vote YES on 3 and NO on 2, as a personal favor to you.

This is a unique opportunity. And with a little effort, we can definitely WIN this one. LET'S GET IT DONE.

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">YES on 3 -- NO on 2 -- Tuesday, November 3, 2015.</span></span>

9. 4 plants per house ? Man I thought it was 4 per person. With 3 adults in my house that would be 12 . But it's 4 per residence ?

I am a parent and I don't like being a criminal. I think about going to pick up my daughter from school and a teacher smelling weed and calling 241 kids or something. So I really want it legal here. U guys think it would really be like $70 a eight? 10 growers don't sound like they could supply Ohio. I personally wana go to buying wax and dabs when it's legal here....because its almost non existent now.

10. please vote no on 2 and yes on 3, you sound like you're undecided which scares me because you clearly want too be able too smoke legally.

11. Look in Ohio you will be able to have 4 flower plants at a time unlimited starters in veg and seedlings with a 50 dollar liscense!. Up to 8 oz of useable edible wax and dry herb NOT wet and drying and that is per person the 8 over the age of 21 it's better then most bills who cares about a 50 dollars liscense we are all here on this journal for a reason don't go to the greedy ten investors but the way I see it is they but the money up to get it and the only people in the past 5 years to actually get the signitures to get on the ballot VOTE YES ON 3!!!! No on 2!!!

12. o I'll def be voting no on 2 , yes on 3 like the commercial states. IMO it's better than what we have now.
    The fact the it makes me legal and not a criminal is enough to vote.

Is this just medical, recreational or both ? We will be voting on ?

13. medical marijuana will be free for patients and we will also be voting for recreational.

14. Can you grow outdoors under issue 3 or is it indoor only??

15. probably outdoors too as long as it's not visible and unnaccesable too the public

16. No. it has to be in a secure area that is locked away from anyone under the age of 21. Outdoors is not locked.

This is what I typed up for people to help them understand why they should vote no on Issue 3. (And YES on Issue 2)

The Issue 3 amendment was put together haphazardly. Originally it started out with medical marijuana, but only for "debilitating medical conditions." (Section B of Issue 3) (Which conditions? We don't get to know till after it is voted in. What if your condition is not on that list?) After they figured out that was too strict and people would not vote for that, they threw into the amendment, "personal use" and "home grow".

Home grow requires a $50 licensing fee PER PERSON. Not household. The amendment say that you would have to follow the rules they will have in place. It must be kept in a locked area away from those under the age of 21 and not in public view. (Section D of Issue 3) Who is going to make sure those who are licensed are following the rules? The Ohio Marijuana Control Commission (Section I of Issue 3) may now come to your home and make sure you are complying. Don't tell me they are, "not going to do that", when they have not said they won't do it. Tell me how they are going to make sure these people with "home grow" licenses are going to obey the rules? Think this committee will just think everyone will obey them? Heck no, they will logically say that you have to be inspected. What if someone gave away some of their home grow and it made someone else sick? They are not going to let people just get a $50 license and leave it at that, if they are allowing them to give away marijuana. (Up to one ounce at a time) (Section D of Issue 3)

Personal use is a whole new issue. How much is an ounce going to cost at one of these stores?(Section E of Issue 3) Most likely way more then it does now. Did you know that even if Issue 3 does pass that if someone in your city wants to open a shop to sell, it now has to go on the ballot and you must vote again locally? (Section A of Issue 3)

It IS a monopoly. A monopoly is not defined by the number of owner(s), but by the fact that they have total control over who (1,100 (+/- a few))) other shops can buy from. (Section H of Issue 3) The definition of a monopoly is defined, by Oxford, as the following: The exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service. Vote Yes on 2! - If issue 3 doesn't create a monopoly, why are Responsible Ohio commercials telling us to vote no on issue 2? If issue 3 isn't a monopoly, issue 2 shouldn't matter.

The issue states that all Medical Marijuana shops must be non-profit,(Section C of Issue 3), but yet those ten, rich growers, will be "for profit".

They keep using fear - We will have to wait till 2020 or maybe never to get something else in place. (Yet, Responsible Ohio says if this years ballot issue doesn't pass, they will have another amendment for the ballot for next year!)

They use guilt tactics (This little girl has seizures and that is why you should vote yes! How inhumane we are for not thinking of all the cancer patients.) to try to get people to think that we will never again in Ohio be able to get marijuana legalized.

This is NOT something that can be easily changed. It would take another constitutional amendment to do so. That would mean another amendment with 300,000 + signatures.

I smoke for medical reasons, possibly one that would not have been on the debilitating medical conditions list, but is listed in other states as a reason to smoke medical marijuana. It has been incredibly difficult being a supporter of legalization and not supporting this ballot issue, but after reading the amendment and understanding it's implications I can only ask that you...

Please Vote No on Issue 3!

17. #80 Green Wizard, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    Outdoors could be locked in a greenhouse.

You're stupid if you pay $50 for a home grow license. Grow your personal stash and stfu about it.

10 licenses will be issued for commercial grows which can set up hundreds of grow ops around the state.

As far as prices go in the retail stores, the more states that legalize the lower the prices will be. Canada is set to legalize and they're a hop across Erie.

if you vote no on 3, I hope your ass gets arrested.