Ohio is messed up

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hillbilly420, Dec 20, 2014.

1. #21 Green Wizard, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  2. Eh, I'm on the fence about the whole thing. It;s great you can grow your own and possess like over an ounce. Obviously sucks with the ten retail grow cartel thing. If I lived in Ohio, id probably vote yes come decision time at the voting booth with the thought of future amendment in mind. The whole thing could be reversed possibly if that anti cartel/monopoly bill gets passed though. Ohio is truly messed up.

3. It's going to be ugly. ResponsibleOhio and DeWine are in what amounts to full scale political war. I think there will be lawsuits. And the underhanded attempt to scuttle the popular vote with another house bill written with the sole design to subvert the will of the people in case the responsible Ohio measure passes.

4. Here is the way I see it.
    If the bill passes, it would mean you can grow 4 flowering plants at a time. If you're married, your spouse could, too. You can own up to 9 ounces legally. (If prefer six plants and 16 oz), but let's not bicker too much about it. That would be enough to make any pothead happy. It would make me happy.

The thing that seems to piss people off is this "monopoly" angle.

That's the angle that actually DOESNT affect potheads. Nor is it going to have much impact on black market growers. It did, however, give responsible Ohio a way to raise the enormous amount of money required to put something like this on the ballot. It's why responsible Ohio is the only group with a measure that has the support to get on the ballot. Other groups have measures. In fact, I like other measures better. But you need a lot of help to get it passed and responsible Ohio found a way to get the help. Except for those who want cannabis legal so they can grow for a LIVING, I see no compelling reason for any cannabis aficionado to vote against it. Hating corporations so much that one would vote against this even though they use cannabis is cutting off the nose to spite the face.

5. I agree with this 100%

6. So this advertisement ran during the Republican Debate on Thursday, August 6.

7. #29 grasscoty, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    I went back to Ohio
    But my city was gone
    Only 10 weed growers in the entire state
    And Donald Trump is one

hey oh way to go Ohio......

8. Anyone 21 and up can grow 4 plants. I'd take that deal.

9. Agreed. 4 flowering plants is good enough for me. The knee-jerk reactions agains a "monopoly" that isn't actually a monopoly doesn't make sense to me. Figures that we get a chance to legalize and grow our own and some stoners want to cut their noses off to spite their faces merely because a limited number of commercial grow sites are stipulated.

10. #32 startedat45, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
    It's also voting on a law that would nullify this one.

In case you are unfamiliar with what I am talking about, the OH legislature vote to put an amendment on the ballot which would prohibit constitutional amendments that allow monopolies & oligopolies. And since it began in the legislature, it would go into effect immediately vs the 30 statutory wait for initiative based amendments.

So the battle will be on 2 fronts, yes to legalization, but no to the monopoly amendment.

One thing I have not read about is if there is a sever-ability clause in RO's amendment. If so, then you could end up with a situation like in DC where you can grow and possess, but can't buy. If not, then this law may never go into effect even if passed.

11. And that is the goal of the lawmakers, to thwart this bill and the will of the people be damned. Legislation limiting what can be put up for referendum limits the citizens capacity for controlling legislation. More power to the government and less to the people. That is not how they will try to sell this, though.

12. I will defiantly be one of the people voting "Yes" on this ballot!

13. Why be defiant? Just be sure to be definite...

14. So I guess your cool with paying $70 for an 8th then? Because that's basically what's going to happen

15. Four flowering plants means that I don't buy marijuana AT ALL.

16. 4 flowering plants per house. So if 4 people live there that means 1 plant per person. Wake up people. Don't follow the sheep.