A Tribe Called Quest.....

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by shermdawg767, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Gangstarr is the shit.

2. Love old school hip hop. 

I can kick it with the Tribe..

Also like Da Grassroots, Scarface, Warren G, Nas, Rakim and Eric B. Big L, Method Man, and so many more..

3. My main shit is MF DOOM and all his variations, Mos Def, Wu Tang, Common, Tribe, Technique n shit like that.

4. Thanks for posting this, that video was dope. It also let me in on Gangstarr, and Jeru the Daja which I'm about to order some CDs right now because that shit is fire!!!!!!

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

5. Give Big L a listen. My favorite rapper and, in my opinion the king of punchlines.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. As a HipHop head, and HipHop as the center piece holding my Soul together.. I got wayyyyy too many names in my head on where to even start to listen. Man. I could even put you in cats who made timeless 12" singles and fell off this planet so no one heard of them. Those are some of your realest duded that I respect, or at least their art they left to bump. The indie HipHop heads are out their yo.

Some names off the top I feel can open you up more would be.

The Roots
    KRSONE
    Cool G Rap
    Scarface
    The Fugees
    Smiff n Wesson
    Freestyle Fellowship (big impact on the flavor of the westcoast at the time.. OGs)
    Jeru the Damaga
    RassKas
    Mos Def
    Headshots (which broke down into solos, or different groups as in PhullCircle & Atmosphere)
    Typical Cats
    Living Legends (I particularly like Grouch&Eligh together or on solo albums)
    Souls Of Mischief
    Pharcyde

And a lot more, but damn I got to go right now. Peace!

You can always check out my stuff .. its in my link. The first song on my page is a track I reposted of my homie Catalyst. Its very new, he is a dope ass MC

7. Gangstar yesss... just looked at some posts.

Pleaaaseee go download his Jazzmatazz albums.

Big L, I would have listed but I was trying to leave out ones people may already be aware of. But then again to my knowledge my whole list everyone should be aware of lol.

8. Ill just leave this here, i know its winter, never the less, lets you reminisce about the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YE-HLYGVIQ

smooth.

9. Masta Ace, Sittin On Chrome.. classic! His flow is so dope

10. First album was so good, gotta respect how these cats just got better and better. Could easily have slipped away…but not tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNp1Fd1l-w

11. #31 Rotties4Ever, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    Hmm, you can feel that music is alive, and not monotonous crap with no lyrical structure whatsoever, where you cant really follow anything because there is nothing to follow.

another classic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsPG0Kspxo