Attack on Titan Manga (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by KaiserKailua, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Does anyone read it? :D

2. Season 2 comes out in 2016 never read it

3. Attack on Titan is a mystery action, with it's mysteries and foreshadowings it's the type of show you have to watch the subs//dubs and read the manga to connect everything.

Honestly with season 2 confirmed for 2016 and the manga being 30+ ahead already I thought people would of been reading it more by now.

Manga is even more niche than anime.

5. I completely love the manga lol.

6. Shits crazy.

7. #7 Spyder, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    Honestly I was hoping this show would only be 24 episodes. They only covered a fraction of the manga though so there's much more to come. Whether I watch it or not, idk. Didn't even finish the first season. Did read the manga past where the first ended though, but I got bored.

Spoilers ahead:

Went in thinking it was just going to be people surviving against titans but it turned into people being able to turn into titans and fighting other titans/people that turned into titans. Just got a bit crazy for me, and not the good crazy. I like some of the crazy turns anime/mangas take, but this one just went downhill for me. I wanna know what's going on and they throw in more stuff to make you question what's happening. Talking monkey titan? Titans in the walls? People turn into titans? And what's in that damn room that Erin has the key for? Giant awesome looking titan at the beginning ended up not being awesome at all, just a big lump of steam. Idk I'm venting too much, don't take my words too seriously I'm not an anime expert by any means, I just thought it went downhill.

I know I'm in the minority though since a ton of people watch it/read it. The animation looks really cool in the show, I will give it that.

8. #8 Vicious, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    I don't like it. Well, it's somewhat enjoyable for the ride but I consider it objectively bad. I'm behind but I know what's going on, I haven't bothered to read or watch anything in a couple months. Maybe I'll hit the backlog tonight but I don't know if I'll pick this back up.

9. I was actually wondering if it's okay to post spoilers/theories/

I am deep in the fandom tbh, I got one theory right but that's from me being a History nerd.
    I don't make theories, I'm not into it like that but if I see well put together theory then I'll read.

I did make one, well it's not really a theory just a question really.

I don't understand Marco's death at all. I'm not sure rather to believe he's alive or not, I know the
    fandom goes crazy over him but the author has been doing this since the beginning and the fandom has
    learned by now he doesn't make mistakes - everything is said / there for a reason.

When someone dies ex. Thomas, Petra, Fanz, etc. they get taken out the character selection next volume without fail.
    Why is Marco of all people is there, only him why? His name means: "Messager from God."

He said killed off Marco because he found him boring, if he was a big bad titan the author wouldn't just say it.
    Like the author of Naruto, he made Naruto x Hinata a coupe in his head years ago - he said it. Then says
    he forgets to give the kids byagukgun? What? Forget? 

I think it's just useless comments to throw us off, which is necessary. 

10. If the Snk 65 summary is true, then that means that is the 3rd theory I got right! Being an arm chair detective is fun hehe, I wonder what type of shot Annie, Reiner, and Berthold got.

[​IMG]