Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Alternatives

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WhiteZmbie, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Okay, so I searched the forum for topics on this as well as the individual plants. I also read through the rules again(it's been years) and I do not believe this is against any of them. I've come to respect the more knowledgeable users on this forums advice. Anyway, on to the main topic. I have a lot of stomach and digestive system issues and marijuana helps me quite a bit, but it gets to be expensive. I've been looking into natural herbs and plants that can be smoked and brewed into tea: blue lotus, wild dagga flowers, mugwort, wormwood, among many others. I was just wondering if anybody has tried any of these and what their experiences were with them. I'm not expecting something that's going to get my mind blown, but something to help me and my digestive system relax and less stressed is more what I'm looking for inbetween the smoking sessions. I also want to stay away from cigarettes, I quit about a year and a half ago.

2. I've no idea, maybe you can try to grow.

3. I've looked into it, but that's still only going to help me every 3-4 months. And I'm also not really in the situation right now to be doing that.

4. Easy peesy bro. Eat aloe Vera.

It's a medical plant, helps with skin, acidity, hair loss, sun burn, it also helped my uncle fix his stomach problem.

Give it a shot, buy the plant leaves and cut a piece off and eat it. Tastes bitter but works

Sent from my iPhone using Gr

5. Interesting. Going to have to try that. I was more wondering about the other plants listed, but thanks for the info.

Where do you find aloe leaves though? I may have to start growing some indoors and it ain't a thang 

7. ever drink kombucha? GT has some great stuff, it works amazing for digestion. whole foods carries it

8. Well if you were going to do that I would take it a step further and process your own aloe juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Yeah.. again though, not what I'm looking for. At least not for this topic. I like the aloe idea though.

10. Ive had blue lotus. Its got no noticable effect and was a waste of money.

11. #11 Blu3B3rryKush, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    I feel like your looking for other herbal buzzes not better digestive health as a few of those herbs you mention when taken in combination with a potentiator thrown in the mix will definitely get you lifted but have torn my stomach to shreds?

So which is it, Get fucked up on plants or better your health?

12. #12 WhiteZmbie, Dec 19, 2014
    Well, I was planning on creating my own herbal mixes that took care of multiple things(digestive system relief, stress relief, various others depending on the plants and herbs) and also something I can mix with weed to stretch it out and maybe act as a bit of an enhancement, kinda like rolling a spliff with tobacco, but without the tobacco. And not all of them would be for smoking, some for making tea. Which is why I was wondering if anybody has tried something similar with those plants.

13. #13 WhiteZmbie, Dec 19, 2014
    Were you expecting it to affect you like marijuana though? I'd kind of expect something similar to a calming effect, like nicotone.

Or, tobacco rather.

14. #14 MattmPsi, Dec 19, 2014
    Yeah, I expected anything except for nothing at all. Didnt even get a calm feeling, or any change at all in any form.

15. Can't believe no one has said this yet... Kratom. Not sure if it will help with your stomach problems but then again, I wouldn't think weed or blue lotus to be a solution to that either. As far as a weed substitute, Kratom is the way to go. Acts like an opiate and gives u a nice body buzz and or other effects depending on the strain. Just make sure u get a good brand as there is a lotta shit Kratom out there. I'd recommend u check out happy hippo.

16. Grow your own Meds to your own needs brother!

Chef.

17. Chamomile is a natural anti-inflammatory along with Aloe Vera and other herbs. Do some research!  :)

18. Any or most grocery stores, and if not just buy the actual plant and let it grow for a while before you take the leaves off

Freedom is in the herb 🌳🌳

19. Actually tea and edibles help quite a bit. A lot of my stomach pain comes from ulcers getting inflamed eat some edibles or drink some tea and take an acid reducer and the pain goes away in about 20-30min also helps a lot with stomach cramps as it gets digested. But, smoking does that also. Which is why I'm looking into making one of my own mixes specifically for that. I'm still looking into what works best though.

20. #20 Everythingshazy, Dec 19, 2014
    Some supermarkets have them. Huge, sword-looking ones. You can grow you own (a lot of hardware stores sell them in spring/summer), but they can be very very slow growers. If you are eating it vs just rubbing it on burns, one plant will probably be of almost no use to you.

Be careful mixing plants with other plants, or with medications. Even though they may be natural, or even just a common seasoning herb, doesn't mean they are safe to use for everyone. Some things you wouldn't expect, can have severe interactions. Also, some things that you consume in normal doses, can have very bad effects if you start consuming them in mega-doses.