Long Distance + Trust issues

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by uncle johns band, Dec 19, 2014.

1. so me and this girl are madly in love with each other I know her from always going to tennessee to visit my grandparents. We are pretty much in a long distance relationship. But here's the problem with distance I have a lot of problems trusting her. She didn't reply to me for awhile, then she finally texts me and says sorry I'm drunk af. I was like oh cool! just getting blitzed with your gfs? and she says no I'm with my friend And college guys? Ok wtf? I don't know what to say or do... I don't want to seem like a overprotecting db ag but at the same time it kinda makes me mad. Any suggestions? I do not go out drinking with other women because first of all I don't trust my drunk self, and second of all I wouldn't want her worrying. Please give me feedback! Thanks

2. Move on. Trust me.

3. I agree... sounds like a lot of pain for little gain. Move on!

4. it's just not something I think she would do ya know.. I just want something to say that'll get her thinking oh shit this was a bad idea

5. Idk, how long have u guys even been together? Without trust u have nothing. At least she told you what she was doing. Would u rather her lie about it? Don't make a big deal over it cause then shit will happen if you push her to lie about what she does. She can make her own decisions, same as you make yours. Just because u don't want to go hang with girls and drink don't mean she can't. Let shit just work out don't try to change her. If you have to do that she isn't the one for you anyway.

6. pfft, ditch that broad.

7. Like sammyjohollywood told you, she was honest with you. She could have lied and said what you wanted her to say.  Is that what you really want?  If she had something to hide you never would have known about this.  You hit the nail on the head when you said you don't trust yourself when drunk.  You are projecting.  She isn't you.  You can't restrict her life just because you have trust issues.  She has given you no reason not to trust her.  In fact she has given you every reason TO trust her.

She won't be the reason this relationship goes south.  You will.  Get a handle on this before you do or say something you can't take back. 

8. Dude, you're fucked.  Get out of your head and go have fun with other chicks.  Long distance sucks..but it's fucking unbearable if you don't have trust.

9. yeah I feel you. I need someone close by

10. I guess I shouldn't be worried about her going to party at frat houses? my problem I guess

11. You sound insecure. If I was dating a guy I really liked, it wouldn't matter if James Franco was in the room.... Okay. I would probably cheat for James Franco but it wouldn't matter if some drunk frat guys were in the room. I wouldn't cheat because none of those guys would probably come close to my guy.

If that's how your girl thinks, get over yourself. If you truly have doubts, leave now and save her the drama.

12. Maybe she's loyal, maybe she's not.

Either way, if you're insecure and the jealous type, a long distance relationship is going to drive you insane.

Especially if she gets drunk with a bunch of dudes. Red flag, bro.

13. ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

[​IMG]

14. #14 Old School Smoker, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Long distance relationships = major fail. She is gonna get live dick. I suggest you get live pussy. You are young and you need to learn what you DON'T want before you find out what you DO want. Good luck bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-_V__GUro

Exactly. Your problem. 

16. I can give you an answer just reading your title. Long distance relationships and trust issues will not work out. Peace mate, there's plenty of fish in the aquarium. 

17. we are over it.. I wasn't worried about her cheating

Two things.

These things.

One, you have to get over your trust issues really fast or you will
    sabotage the relationship in one way or the other, I would know.

Two, regardless of your situation...you don't tell your bf "oh hey
    yeah I'm hanging out with Kelly and 'college guys' ". She's playing
    games. You drop names, like "hey I'm with Kelly, Paul, and John."
    Not "college guys", she's playing games and wants you to know 
    she's in the presence of other guys and she's feeling attractive.
    Hence the drinking.

In a respectful relationship I would think you'd be like "hey I'm
    going to be with Kelly Paul John at their place." Simple. Respect
    for the other person (depending on your boundaries) is crucial..
    We all know how things go when we find out later.

Fuck the LDR, it's astronomically harder than a RL relationship
    without having to deal with "college guys" and shady bullshit.

Cause trust me when I say, she wishes you were there, but if
    she's making it clear other options are available, she's not going
    to shy away from them when the opportunity comes 'round.

[​IMG]

19. Yea bro I wouldn't be diggin that at all. Everyone be quick to say insecure, but who in they right mind wouldn't think about dat. But honestly I probably wouldn't even deal with that. My mind would go crazy but she did tell u what she was doing. But she might not give a fuck forreal and jus say it. What if she was drunk af and was like oh shit I aint mean to say that to him. I would jus do my thing in my state.

20. Personally I think long distance is the dumbest thing ever.