Oklahoma/Nebraska want SCOTUS to reverse Colorado pot laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DeepfriedNugs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. actually, if i'm understanding some things right, the mid 1800s mindset would be preferable, when the president admits in letters that his favorite things are sitting on the porch and smoking a pipe of "sweet hemp" and farmers grow the shit out of it XD

2. i live in oklahoma and i wish they would legalize it and not try to take it away from another state.

3. maybe oklahoma and nebraska citizens should start petitions... they can call it the "stop being bitches or we're moving to Kansas!" movement...

4. I live in Nebraska. This state is predominantly republican. That being said a lot of people are against Marijuana. Their are some level headed people here that believe Marijuana laws are bullshit. The laws here are pretty relaxed though anything under an OZ isn't that bad of a charge. $150+. I wish Nebraska would legalize Weed it would keep a lot of people out of jail and wouldn't stain their records just because of a plant. With Colorado only being a 3 hour drive away it makes getting bud and wax very very easy to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #47 RedganjaDown, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Well I am from OK and I can assure you, we the people are not in favor of suing NE. OK and NE law enforcement need to quit using the "I smell marijuana" as a right to search cars. The LE are actively seeking to make these arrests. Another thing is; people with weed in their vehicle need to quit speeding and make sure all the cars lights work properly. Also wear your seatbelt...it's the law. 2 big busts on I-40 in December. Both stopped due to vehicle light problems or speeding with no seatbelt.

6. I guess OK and NE need to set up border check points on the borders with CO. I know OK has about 60 miles of common border with CO. 

7. This thread should be renamed to " REPUBLICANS OPPOSE COLORADO POT LAWS" because there are a lot of stoners on this site in denial about the Political Party they support. Let's just be clear here for honesty ' sake.

How about inserting the word "SOME".  Not all of them agree with this.  In fact a true Republican would not oppose CO laws on a "state's rights" basis.  But sometimes the Religious Right wing wins elections.

9. No, ALL is correct. Party policy is against legalization. There might be a few stragglers or RINOs worried about the logical inconsistency of opposing a State's laws but ALL Republicans are AGAINST the Federal law removing marijuana from a schedule 1 drug status.

10. Fuck those bible-thumping bastards. Colorado MJ legalization took place through citizen ballot initiatives, and the laws are now embedded in the state constitution, where they can only be amended or repealed by a vote of the citizens.

The state will defend their laws, and even if SCOTUS rules against legalization, it'd be up to the Feds to swoop in and shut things down. Lol, Big Gov can't get anything done at all right now, much less open this particular can of worms.

This lawsuit is nothing more than political grandstanding by far-right conservatives struggling to hold onto their base of religious fundies. Fuck 'em.

"True" republican LOL every republican is a "True" republican in their own head while everyone else who's bailing on their "will of the people, states rights, capitalism and free market!!" bullshit is a RINO....this is all totally dependent upon the subject at hand of course. 

^^ yea....(D) is only better from the perspective of "At least the lip services isn't so assholish and stick in the mud!" with regard to the war on drugs but actions speak louder than words. Overall? You could drive yourself nuts trying to actually quantify which side of the isle is in fact scummier, more full of shit or hypocritical. I mean the bullshit is floor to ceiling right back to the very inception...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal".....liar liar...slave owners pants are on fire.