dwc question starting netpot

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by nonfiction, Dec 19, 2014.

1. #1 nonfiction, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Hi there, my plant has 3 roots coming out of bottom of net pot now, but i really dont want to place in a 5gal bucket and stick in tent already, it would be great if  icould keep the bucket in a tupperware container with like an inch of nute solution? most of net pot will be out of water but bottom and roots will be drenched in roots with no oxygen, is this plausable for a couple of weeks? or do i gotta suck it up and stick the seedling in the bubble bucket asap? 

the netpot is on the left :p i wrapped  in tin foil to keep light out lolol
    View attachment 1642328

my bubble bucket wouldnt fit under the t5s so would have to go under my hps 20/4 cycle with my TD girls =/

2. It doesn't have to be in a big bucket. any waterproof and lightproof container is fine, but it will need an air stone in there otherwise the plant will exhaust the water of its oxygen in no time 

3. With only the bottom inch out of like 7 inches would be under water wouldn't that be enough root zone with no water to collect oxygen? I'm only hoping to keep plant under those lights a week or two longer :-/ if not I'll use big bucket and cheap out on nutes haha

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum
    But then I'm still sticking a seedling under a hps light

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Probably too late this grow, unless you can CAREFULLY remove the seedlings and put them into ~ 4" net pots

Now you can use a shallow tray, but you will still need an air pump/stones

The 4" net pots will drop directly into your netpot lid. Simply side fill with polished ornamental stone (Dollar Store) and your done

See my DIY Mini-Me F & D in the hydro forums

5. too late now :p i guess ill have to use bucket >.<

6. #6 GoldGrower, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014

Having some roots wet and some roots dry doesn't fix the problem. All the roots need moisture otherwise they will dry out and turn to stem. They need to be wet to be able to transfer oxygen. The plant will still need the same amount of oxygen no matter how much water you use. The smaller amount of water you use the faster the oxygen will be depleted. You will still need an air stone to stop the water from rotting. There is no way around this