2 Plants in 1 Pot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lsd25-1938, Dec 18, 2014.

1. #1 Lsd25-1938, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Hey guys, so I usually grow booms but I recently started to grow bud now. I have to plants in veg. right now under 5- cfl lights. The lumens is around 6000+, and I was wondering if I should chop the smaller plant because I've read that having 2 plants is a bad idea, but I've also read that it isn't entirely but they won't flourish very well. 1 is growing very very well, but the other is taking it sweet time and they sprouted at the same time. So what should I do about this, and thanks. Oh and they are bout 3 weeks old both, and I topped the taller, slower one because the other was just doing so well on its own.

2. You either chop one now or watch them battle to the death later...

3. Growing more than one plant in a pot is actually a method I use with pure sativas ( haze varieties). I grew out three Dr. GRINSPOONS in a 5 gallon pot with a tomato cage and wound those babies round and round the cage...it worked like a scrog with blooms coming up off of each runner....beautiful plant, kept them small....I never grow for yield because I am swimming in weed so I have fun experimenting with different grows...bonsai, extreme lst, micro pots, etc....I usually grow out two Mexican varieties ( my favorites, along with Hawaiian) fully and just play with cropping and breeding with the others....so..you CAN grow more than one plant in a pot, but it most definitely will affect yield. Just lop one off at the soil level if you are concerned....no need to bother your now entangled rootball.

4. Need a pic to better help but I grew three in the same pot it was a gigantic pot though like thirty gallons

5. I had two in a pot then separated at a month basically just cut the root ball in half they both grew lot faster but one doubled in size and now towers all my others by almost 10"

Sent from OuterSpace using Grasscity Forum

6. ^ good idea. Split em up and keep the one that recovers faster.

7. depends on a lot of variables, I've grown two plants in a 25 gallon smartpot and have done so with no problems for multiple grows, it is better suited for single or double cola plants that don't have wide canopies, like indicas, it'll work with no problems assuming you have enough growing media.
    in other words two plants in a five gallon? No way.
    But in a 15,20 or 25 gallon smartpot? Sure, it's just a bitch to move or apply foliar sprays.

8. The vigorous one is probably a boy.

9. chop one and try to root it like a clone

10. Every time i see this star wars music starts playing in my head and i imagine each plant pulling out a light saber and going at it.