Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fibromyalga and any testimonials on ways of ingesting and strains that have helped you)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sweettooth222, Dec 18, 2014.

1. I have a new patient and am having some problem with the strain info that has helped directly not just guessing because stats seem like they would help. Thank you for your time... (only looking for credited articles or actual testimonials from patients family or caregivers)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have fibro and I've had a lot of success with AC/DC strain, and around here (Greater Seattle area) I can get it in pill form at dispensaries.  I've also got, for vaping, TJ's 20:1 strain, which is similar to Charlotte's Web.  Then at night, I'm a fan of Illmatic and Cannatonic strains for helping me sleep and heal while sleeping.

3. Speaking from testimony from our patients, but heavy purples (Nepal, GDP) tend to work fantastic for pain relief.

4. Thank you for the advice! Huge help that's the direction I was going and doing some trials with certain other cannabinoids and terps for getting a more direct influence of antiinflammatory effects. I'll keep it updated on this post for fibro/CBD breakthroughs

5. I also have Fibro, DDD, Osteoarthritis, Stenosis, bulging Disks and Sciatica, a real basket case.  I have tried many medications which did not help very much. I use 0.54 grams of canna butter made from kush, I find 0.54 grams just right so I can function in the day time. Night time I have a bowl of Jack Herer to help me get to sleep. With both of these my days and nights are much better. Gods gift for the ailing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 sweettooth222, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Awesome man that really helps me confirm an order as I have decided to start breeding with some of my clones and a kush cbd strain.
    If I could ask willie11 do you know of something called "fibro fog"? If so does the kush strains help that for you? And if you have tried it what does CBD do for you vs. THC?

7. Fibro fog, mmmm. I am not sure, ever since I have been taking pharmaceutical meds for my ailments I have been in a fog so it is hard to tell. With me eliminating Fentanyl and percs, and using MJ for relief I can actually carry on a conversation with people again. I still have the fog but with using the kush it energizes me and helps me focus. I am going to try nl5 and haze to see if it will help me more so I can eliminate more pharm meds.

I have not tried a high cbd yet, still reading up on which one to try. I prefer lower thc during the day time, able to do house work this way.
    also have a vaporizer coming so I can try extracting the cbd from the MJ.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 DsrtVW, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Hello all 
    This is my first post here on GC, been lurking around and reading looking for bits of info. First off I do not have Fibromyalgia  but my wife does and I am her caregiverand a card holder myself.
    She also had a minor stroke 2yrs ago that finally took her out of work. Is also a Gastric Bypass wieghtloss patient which messes with her absorption of meds and vitamins.
    I have become Doctor, nurse, chemist, pharmacist and farmer.
    Strains of most success, singularly or in combination.
    GDP
    ACDC
    Skywalker OG
    Cherry Pie
    Blue Dream
    My wife has been through most pain meds over the years. Methodone did provide some relief for a time. That is the only one remaining she still takes,we are waiting for a good time to attempt getting rid of that one. SHe has been using MJ for over a year now, and has had so much improvement in quality of life. 
    Have been able to control pain much more effectively, provide better quality of sleep. Overall better body function 
    I grow and make all her meds, she does not like the smell or taste of cannabis. Takes most of her medicine in a coconut oil extract as seen on BadKittyPharma. Also do cold process alcohol tinctures for THCA, CBDA.
    I make mixtures of different ratios using indicas and indica dominant hybrids and high CBD . Latest success has been a 75% CherryPie and 25% ACDC no need for cross breeding I just mix different strains together
    When the pain gets unbearable I will get her to vape flowers with a GoPro vapor pen. She is not willing to smoke it. but the gopro delivers the goods faster then ingesting.
    GDP is a good pain and sleep strain, My best cold tincture is GDP which along with decarb ACDC will eliminate sciatica and severe back pain
    Have tried many CBD strains, Harlequin, Annihilator, cannatonic and ACDC. ACDC by far has been the best for our uses. The only issue I have seen with high CBD is too much will get you a headache but you have to really work at it.
    If I do ACDC which goes about 17%CBD and Skywalker OG test out at 27% THC makes a great daytime pain relief then switch to ACDC and GDP for night time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fibro is one of my demons also. A tablespoon of infused coconut oil in my tea a couple of he's before bed is the only thing that works, cold process tincture during the day. Fibro fog is there or it isnt, seems directly related to both fatigue and pain levels. I think Willie and I are twins, I have all that with multiple spinal injuries also. Makes it hard to sort it all out having multiple conditions, but enuf sleep and pain and stress control help with the fog

10. #10 DsrtVW, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Willie had mentioned using fentanyl patchesl Not knowing how your pain manifests itself but the wifes is as she explains it, she has holes in her bones. Drs saying inflammation of subcutaneous tissues. When that gets intense we use tinctures and oils applied on gauze pad and cover with saran wrap sometimes followed with a warm moist towel to help drive it home. Works well for localized pain and inflammation control.
    You are in a fog I think due to the overload from the pain on the brain. When pain is lower i notice my wife is much more with it
    Need to add caution if you are inhaling or ingesting along with using a cannabis patch or poultice. Depending on where applied it can substantially increase your cannabis load. Learned this when going after extreme pain that manifests itself along the length of her left femur. Being such a vascular area it was getting into the blood stream and pushing her into the too much cannabis wall(heart racing, nausea then sleep for 2 days

11. #11 dabs710, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I don't exactly have "fibromyalgia", but I have an autoimmune problems that make me feel like I have it.

I have a whole mix of strains that seem to help me better than others. I tend to be a fan of strong indicas, although I like some sativas too.

I just find through usage that I'll encounter something that makes me feel extremely good and helps my symptoms a lot, and then sometimes I'll find a strain that doesn't do me very much.

For example, I've been dabbing on some really good GSC shatter, and even though it is high quality, tastes nice, etc. it is not helping me much with my tingling / Raynaud's. I just decided to whip out some J1 and dab that and it is night and day difference. I get a strong reduction in sensation when I hit this oil, where I didn't get much relief with the GSC.

What I'm trying to say is you need to find the strains that work well for you specifically.

Getting strong brain fog and fatigue, think I'm flaring up a bit. Gonna listen to music, medicate, and take it easy for a while...

12. Alright.. I usually don't put this on "paper."

I can relate to you guys/gals.

I have fibro, lupus, hashimottos, and raynauds. Plus some other stuff. Plus, I'm male. You know how times I've heard, "These are more commonly found in women," from doctors. Anywho... I can go on.....

I go vape, at a minimum, .6 grams of herb a day, up to 1 gram. I also take about 100mgs of edibles on top of that.

Lately, White Widow has been my favorite. Here are a few that has helped at different times: xj-13, blue dream, skywalker og, and God's gift.

Here is my "ok" list. I usually have to mix it with another strain, about 50/50. Blue jay way, cannatonic, ac/dc, and another one I can't remember right now. These are all high CBD. I have a baby high CBD plant. So, I will get to experiment at the end of this harvest. ;)

Creams haven't worked, nor has over the counter tinctures. Someone gave me a high potency tincture and it works pretty decent.

I hope that helps.

E

13. I have an as yet undiagnosed inflammatory nerve condition. I have chronic pain from a failed back surgery and complicated further by an epidural used during diverticulitis surgery. I've also been diagnosed with two types of migraines, cluster headaches, demyelination in my brain, severe carpal tunnel, autonomic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, occipital neuralgia, trygeminal neuralgia, and I have several bone spurs and bulging discs in my neck that cause neuropathy in my neck, shoulders, arms, hands, legs and feet. Cervical and lumbar stenosis. I have inflammatory flare ups that are as yet undiagnosed as I said, but we're still pursuing it. Last one was triggered by prednisone.
    I was on fentanyl patches and a whole bunch of oral pain meds until I weaned myself off with mmj 3-4 years ago now. It's not a perfect solution, but better than the pills and patches.
    What works best for me is a combination of high CBD and high THC strains. Cannatonic and CBD Critical Cure are what I've tried so far. I mix them with White Widow, White Russian, Master Kush, Green Crack, Giga Bud to name a few.
    PSam's Green Dragon tincture works the fastest for me if held and absorbed sublingually. I also put it in emu oil and rub it in. That's pretty fast and penetrates deep. Third, I use a vaporizer.
    HTH

14. Have you excluded systemic nutrient deficiencies?

Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMA is excelent to this end.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hang in there..

I know what it's like to "not know." They are constantly pulling blood from me to figure out if there's anything else that's hidden or that can explain what's going on with me. Keep in mind that doctors are "practicing" medicine.

I wish you the best.

E

• Like Like x 1
  16. I do get tested annually for several nutrient levels and take B12 and D2 as a result. I'm vegan, so I'll watch it just for that.

I will check out the link though. Thank you very much. I want to leave no stone unturned!

Peace!

17. Thank you! Practicing is exactly the right term. The good ones will admit that freely. I've met a few. Met one this morning actually. He's going to fix my left hand and wrist next month. Full release surgery, wrist and Palm incisions. Too much damage for endoscopic. I'll have the right done if it helps. He was very honest and said chances are real good, but if anyone's going to have issues after the fact it's me due to the shape the rest of my body and nervous system is in. He's the best around, and he's honest. Go figure. But my PCP of 20 years is honest as well and he referred me to him. Now when they start talking about my neck I'll be a lot more cautious! That's next.

18. Best fibromyalgia strains for me are nirvanas papaya for pain, ny47 or ak47 for clarity and clearing brain fog, and a happy sativa of your choice. I just got a magic butter machine to try tinctures for a long day as its slow release and lasting power. I've tried vamping w a pax but hate the taste, meds led are a crapshoot for me. Stay strong inside

19. Monkey55 I'm a male too so you're not flying solo here.

20. Thanks man..

Have you been told the same kinds of things?

Now, I find it funny and just give the doctor(s) a blank stare if they feel the need to point out that particular stat.

They usually have nothing else to add and move on. That's why I say "feel the need." It's really not all that relevant.

I've been meaning to try AK47. I finally got enough flower to experiment with tinctures.

E