Honest Opinion on ALL Current Gen Consoles

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by KaiserKailua, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't need to play the other consoles to know that my PC experience is going to be superior. Console exclusives or not, PC does everything better. And has better exclusives.

2. #22 yurigadaisukida, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    The PlayStation sometimes gets iN a loop where it will spit the disk put and not let you out it back in

Apperently.putting it on its side fixes this so no biggie

-yuri

3. I know PC is better, but it's not an excuse to make an opinion with no experience sorry not sorry, but that's just me.
    Sure you're in the same field, but if you don't have direct experience then what use do you have?

It's being a janitor at the FBI. You could say you have experience with the FBI which is true, but all you've
    done is clean floors. Usually when people are in new in the FBI want advice they ask other agents, not the janitors.

Again you're in the same field but not direct experience making your opinion worthless to me. 
    My teacher better know everything because she has experience in learning and teaching,
    if she only has experience in teaching and not learning or via verse she's probably the typical
    American teacher.

Sorry, I believe PC is better and I have everything. But just saying "It sucks." "PC is better period gtfo." is just
    childish, make a list of pros and cons and lets talk like gamers.

Just me personally, I like Jrpgs and Jfighters. Which usually goes to the Sony/SonyJapan exclsuvie so naturally I somewhat 
    like my Sony products more - just wish everyone the PSN would pay for it, better severs.

4. #24 Vicious, Dec 19, 2014

We're looking at this objectively. There is no comparing PC's to consoles. They're in a completely different league. Consoles can barely muster 60fps @ 1080p with a light load, forget about 4k, down sampling or 144hz. They are modular, accessible and future proof. Drivers and mods come out within hours or days to fix things still not addressed for years on console. I can play just about every game ever made on a whim via emulation. There are a few game's exclusive to console but even those are loosing weight as more and more console exclusives come to PC and those that don't will likely be able to be emulated by the next generation.

You gotta pay to play. If you're not in the upper tier of hardware capability you're not going to be able to fully appreciate PC gaming. Even then, using Ground Zero which just came out on PC yesterday as an example; computer's low settings run better and smoother than PS4. There is no reason not go PC besides being intimidated by the machine. Console players want plug and play convenience with instant gratification.

I have far more than 24hr's logged on each system from doing stream and fighting game related stuff. My point stands from before, this current generation flopped. Developers were expecting the same hype the PS3 and 360 carried but the console bubble burst. You can look at the sales. I'm saying this as someone that has owned every console from SNES/Genesis to PS3/Wii/360.

5. I can agree with this, just not the other guy.
    My whole point was experience which you have, I never said PC wasn't better? I thought I said it was twice.

I'm not impressed with any current gen consoles as I said in my video, I own: PC, Xbox One, 360, Original Xbox, PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, Gameboy Color, GameCube, Dreamcast, PSPVivta, Wii, Wii U (Christmas), DS Original, DS Lite, and a 3DS.

My point in this post was: Where are the games of future we're promised? It got completely derailed somewhere. I'm just looking
    forward for some serious gaming on consoles we paid 400$ - 500$ I'm trembling in excited for the games that are soon too come.

That's what I was saying. I can play anything I want on my PC too - I decked it out just for Attack on Titan. I just don't play anything else, just me. I should play shooters on it tbh, but I played Zombies WaW on keyboard it was terrible lol. I do have a controller now, but like I said I only use it for one game and it shouldn't have a controller - too many controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-7sC3BA4Y&list=UU6cgBs-5SEiUzflJeQPqcAQ

6. #26 Vicious, Dec 19, 2014
    Using your logic, can you really have an opinion on something you only play one game on? You said KB+M on an FPS was terrible and play one free web browser doujin game that I seriously doubt you 'decked out' for. No offense but you are literally casual. I personally believe that consoles are casual in general.

You brought up your video which I thought I could give you some constructive criticism on. You didn't really review or go over any of the consoles. You didn't really criticize or praise them or talk about them objectively. You just talked about what you owned and how you like to play it all. You should think about your audience and go in with a format, keynotes or talking points instead of free from. I'm not saying any of this to be harsh, I know people that do this and have what I consider a large audience and I have personally done a lot of public speaking shit in academics. You can say you're just doing this for the hell of it but If you don't care about your audience, what's the point? What you shouldn't do is jump on people telling them they don't have an opinion or that its worthless because they differ, even if you think their reasoning is fallacious.

7. what's wrong with this? Isn't that the point of consoles vs a gaming computer?

Some people aren't worried about amping up their killaprocessors, they just want to come home after work and sit down with a bowl and zone out to a few rounds of BF4, or whatever game tickles their fancy

But I won't hate on the PC, I've seen a few games ran that I have on 360 and the difference in graphics is night and day

8. #28 Vicious, Dec 19, 2014

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm saying its casual.

Similar thought, most car enthusiast would never want an automatic. Consoles are automatics.

9. I've been wanting to build my own computer to run some nice games on for a long time now. I've always played more games on console than on pc. Only played free fps, tps, and some Warcraft 3 with friends on the computer when I did game on it.

But my computer was never amazing. Always just got by with the hardware I had. Now after reading some of the post in this thread along with my past ideas, I think I'm going to either sell or keep my PS3. If I sell I'll use the money towards buying a Wii-U, After that I would then save up little by little under I have just around $1,000. Then will I start shopping for PC parts and start building my computer. 

If I do keep my PS3, I'll still buy a Wii-U sometime, but maybe not right away, instead save for the computer parts. I still have a super nintendo and gameboy if I ever want to experience nostalgia. 

Wii-U for family and parties (like I even know anyone  :laughing: ), the PS3 for fighting games and racing games(if I can ever build an interest in playing them), and the computer for everything else. I'd also like to invest in a PVR to record just in case I happen to pull a cool stunt or get myself a cool kill I can put it up on youtube.

Consoles will always have limited hardware and while they're nice if you don't use a computer much, if you do use a PC more the decision should be easy. 

I like them all but I don't think I'll ever buy a new console after my PS3. It's just not seeming worth it anymore. If I must have to get it sometime down the road, it'll be wayy cheaper than it is now.

10. :confused_2:

11. I've experienced almost every other console. There's virtually no difference between past consoles and current gen, other than ever-so-slightly updated hardware. I never said "PC is better, gtfo", I just made a valid point based on the facts presented by console vs. PC gaming.

12. I'm sorry if I sound anything less than a gamer to you? What do you want me to say?
    I paid 400 in parts for my PC little more, I want everything gaming related - since I'm not a fanboy I'm a casual?

I like everything, sue me.

13. I do enjoy my PS4 & Wii-U which I use mainly for EA Sports UFC & Bayonetta. I use my PS4 controller alot more for my PC tho :laughing:

14. #34 Exhazer, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    PS4 controller does die fast..I did turn down that light to medium. But I bought a second controller and one of the charging stations so now i just cycle through. But i can see that bothering me if i did only have 1 controller. But things with batters lose the juice after a while. Even my xbox 360 controllers ended up dieing fast. 

Ive had that disk problem but it was when it got stuck in stand by mode. but that was the only issue ive had with the PS4 other then that no big deal on my end. All around great console. 

Now.....I don't understand why people try to say PC is better. I don't see what they are trying to prove. Stating that a game comes out sooner doesn't make PC better...also stating that we play on consoles cause we cant put a computer together, i hope you feel real good about yourself that you, I and other blades know how freakin' simple it is to put one together...Just saying, personally to me there is no obvious reason to be hating on any console or PC. they both play a good part in the gaming world and as a Gamer i need both depending on the type of game i need or want to play. 

15. We're not trying to prove anything. The thread's purpose is to ask us our honest opinion on them. We're saying they're sub par.

16. I wasn't trying to say that people who okay on console can't assemble a computer. Its that people who see that consoles have a limit on graphics would want to take the PC route to always be upgrading their parts instead of the entire system. So they'll more than likely choose to go the PC route. From there the decision would be building your own or buying a premade computer.

its not about the game exclusives. If I want to play an exclusive for the ps4 so bad I'll buy the ps4 or play it at a friends house. I don't care for the exclusives seeing as how I don't own any exclusives for any systems.

consoles have graphics limits. PCs don't. If you want better graphics and more fps in your games, you're going to want to build your own PC. Simple as that, my man.

17. I just got a ps4 I'm sure you computer guys are gonna call me a loser this and that but I don't like computers I'm not good with them last time I tried to play a computer game (ESO) the controls fucked me right in the ass to me a console is just simple. Turn it on and play.
    I'm not a huge gamer anyway so console is just fine for me.
    I'd say some good thing about ps4 if I wouldn't be attacked by pc guys😒 in the end who really cares they are just games.....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

18. Gran turismo is the reason I've always stayed Sony best racing simulator ever.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

19. I don't understand.

So being a fanboy who is loyal not to their games, but to a console is more of a gamer than a person who refuses to limit themselves and get everything gaming related?

Can you please explain this, because you guys are twisting things worse than religion honestly. 
    I try my best not to play into useless separation,with gaming, race, gender, sexuality, sex positions, weed, etc. there's just no need.
    Equal is equal, but if you want to make a label for something a little different then so be it. But casual for a universal gamer? 

Who comes up with these rules, alcoholics? Lol.

If I'm a casual for being pro everything then fine, casual with a capital C please and proud! 
    If being a fanboy = gamer I don't want no part. Call me a fag, casual, nigger, etc. I'll still have fun with every console, handheld, and some other PC games maybe. Casual for the win! 

I bow to you, fanboy.

See how stupid that was? Exactly, it doesn't make sense. We're either all gamers, or we need correct labels.
    Never thought I'd be "attacked" for being one with all sides. Not being a fanboy, just pro everything. Heh.

20. I still say a deck of cards is the best way to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.