Grandmothers daughter using her...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by AsthmaticStoner, Dec 18, 2014.

1. #1 AsthmaticStoner, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Not sure this is the place to post but my grandmother has 3 kids, two daughters and a son. Her oldest daughter (we'll call her Sally) lives a state away from her (about a 45 minute drive) in a trailer that shes been in for 10+ years. Sally used to have her own dog grooming business making good money until she found her current boyfriend.

Her boyfriend is nothing but a worthless drunk who is unemployed and drinks from the crack of dawn. Constantly taking money from Sally's ssi card. Sally always asks my mom for rides to and from doctor appointments (an even further drive from her house) and coming up to our state to groom a dog or two a week and make about $100.

Eventually my mom decided to refuse to give her rides (yay!). So now Sally has turned to her mom (grandma) for rides, money, etc. She heads down there every week to take her grocery shopping (she buys her food for her as well), for grooming dogs back up where we live + 20 more minutes. Basically she's in the car all day when she goes to pick her up. We're talking 50 miles to the doctor, about 50 to take her to groom two or three dogs.

She's basically using my grandmother for all of what she has. She's basically paying for Sally to live. And now Sally has two new people living with her (don;t pay anything) and it's obvious to my mom that it's her drug dealer (h, rock, coke-a-cola, whatever) and whenever my aunt "borrows" money to "pay her electricity bill RIGHT NOW" we're more than sure it's for her drug habit.

She's just a fucking leach to everyone (except me and now my mom) and it's irritating me and everyone else in our family (sister, uncle, etc) and my grandma just doesn't see it. She's so blind to what her daughters doing to her. I've tried talking to her about just telling her no but she keeps on helping her out.

Why help someone if they wont help themselves? Both sally and her boyfriend don't have a job and don't even attempt to find one. Sally has a service for her doctors for free rides but doesn't even take advantage of it. My grandmother and uncle both have purchased cars for her over the years and they all end up wrecked by Sallys drunk of a boyfriend whom she "loves so much and cant live without" and the next day its "i hate him hes so worthless i don't want him in my house anymore"

She's a damn tool and everyone knows it. My grandma from time to time will complain about how much she bitches and complains and brings up a lot of this but STILL, continues to do things for her. And her only answer, while I completely understand, is "because she's my daughter."

The way I see it, it's going to keep going on like this until one of them passes. It's so heart breaking and it's even worse knowing that my grandma will probably keep it up for the rest of her and her daughters lives.

I just wish I could shed some light on her to make her change her mind. She has recently, though, been refusing to give her extra money because she simply can't. But then she still drives her around.
    It;
    s so....idk so much emotions and everything. I don't know what to do but I feel like I have to do something. I feel like I'm the one closest to her and after my grandfather passed I feel like I'm the one she looks to as her "husband" but I feel so powerless. I wish she would just drop all communication with her all together for a while until she can get her shit together. But I don't see thta ever happening.

She's a worthless money sucking parasite, debbie downer, whatever you wish to call her.

How can I try and get my grandmother to start not helping her so much? I know she won't completley disown her, but FUCK she can start saying no to a few things. She's waisting her own time, emotions, and money for this drug addicted drunk, leech and it's so hard to watch and not get angry and upset.

/rant....help/adivce is appreciated and needed!!!

2. your not going to be able to convince a mother to forsake her daughter. that will take a insane act from your aunt like stealing from the family or something. a mothers love is  unconditional man. 

your aunts a fuck of a person but shes got someone in her corner for better or worse. 

3. what this guy said and this may sound mean but its likely answer u may grt from.both parties but what they do is technically between them