Burnt leaf tips on seedling?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GrowMechanic, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Anyone know what's going on? Doesn't seem like she's too close to the light, the other two are closer and not doing this.. Anyone??

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418886713.510429.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418887144.610661.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418887190.143294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The CFL lights I'm using are about 3 inches away with a good sized fan blowing on them at all times, I really don't think it's burning because I always put my hand under the light and it feels fine, I can even touch the light because of the fan.

All organic soil mix, garden lime was added to even out ph. I don't think this is the problem either..

Very unsure if this is genetics or if this one plant just so happens to be very sensitive to light.

3. Bump to help a guy out?? Other plants are fine, this is the only one that's doing this

4. ???? I think your trippin

5. The only thing you can do is wait it out, and by organic soil what do you mean?
    Don't panic them small marks won't kill your plants

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

6. Thats nothing bro.. dont worry so much

7. By organic I mean my recipe consists of perlite, ewc, peat moss, kelp meal, crab meal, alfalfa meal, garden lime, organic fert (dr earths), compost, glacial rock dust.

I guess I'll wait it out you guys are right but what gets me is that just the tips are slowest doing this but only on one of three plants.

GM

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418972850.040621.jpg

8. Just keep an eye on them, and check for tiny water droplets that may accumulate on the tips, as this could cause an issue, it shouldn't happen on indoor really but it's worth keeping and eye

9. How they looking bro? Have them spots got any bigger?

How they looking bro? Have them spots got any bigger?

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419025012.629515.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419025044.636860.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419025061.429006.jpg

Seems as if she's slowly burning..

11. Only thing you could really do if it is "hot" soil is flush it. Honestly though I don't really see an issue yet.

12. since they are a little taller now I lowered them a little more. The tips of the 2 other plants are turning a brighter yellow so my best guess is they were too close

13. How close are the lights?

Ninja'd with the answer haha

14. The lights were about 2" away now more like 5".