Mamas Organic 600w Toolshed Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Dec 18, 2014.

1. #41 OldPork, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014

Great minds think alike mama.  I just yesterday ordered the Cali Con 818 Headband and GSC as well as the Reserva Privada OG#18.  They're going outside in the spring which can't get here fast enough...  I'll be following the headband progression in your thread.  Bummer on that Purple Diesel.  By the way how's that outdoor CCGSC treating you now that you've had a chance to smoke it?  Best of luck and Happy New Year.
    ~Pork

OP!

Merry xmas and new years man..
    hope you're well brother.

you need to get an indoor running man.

Happy New Year AW!  I can grow enough outside to keep me going all year.  Sticking with cheap SOLAR at this point bro but would love to give it a try someday.

4. Out of those strains the 818 is my clear favorite to grow and to smoke. The Cookies was a good yielder but only average smoke. The OG18 is great smoke but not a very tough plant at all. I'd worry about keeping her staked up well. The 818 Headband was a pleasure to grow and pretty much all I smoke right now from last years harvest. I love it.

5. #45 JUSTHILLBILLY, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    SpaceBalls.

Attached Files:

6. Purdy. :) For now I cracked a couple Double Glock x Chemberry and some of the Chemberry Chrunch and the Double Glock x Spider Trax. It was hard to chose.

7. I had some clumps when mixing my next batch of soil, so I decided to flip my fire pit upside down. It made a perfect sieve.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

8. #48 JUSTHILLBILLY, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    DG x CC the CC stands for Crazy Cookies. A true cut from a
    Dirty Old Biker in Petaluma lol. Crossed to TGAs Crazy Train
    Both strains FROSTY ChemBerry Crunch is a new one
    . Chem4 x Hashberry

9. Always pretty plants in the mj mama stable. :)

10. Oh ok, sweet. That's the one I meant. I've got them all labeled but my memory is shit.

11. Ah shucks. *Blushes*

Ego aside, these first few plants have mostly been a test run. Hopefully the second batch will turn out better. I've made my share of mistakes getting the setup going. A timer mishap and a little overwatering since I'm used to growing in the hot summer. They just aren't drying as fast as I'm used to. I added more perlite to my next batch of soil to help with that. And I'm sure it will be easier once I get past the coldest part of winter too. These temps have been the death of me. The heater kicks on and gets too hot, turns off and too cold. Automatic thermostat, my ass. :p These last few sunny days the girls have been growing much faster with the more consistent temps.

This is my Ghost OG I'm hoping turns out female.
    image.jpg image.jpg

She's a looker. Ive had some real sexy plants turn out male, and the picky bitches are the ladies of corse. I'd blame my luck but that's just nature. I have a male plant outside in the cold that is happier than my female Deadhead plant inside. You can see the Deadhead in the back of the second pic. She has been my problem child the entire grow.

This is one of my Skunks that I think are both turning out male too. I may keep one for breeding because they have grown well, stayed short and bushy, and have some beautiful
    purple stems unlike any Ive grown before. I was going to bread the Deadheads but I'm mad at them at the
    moment, lol.
    image.jpg

12. #52 JUSTHILLBILLY, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Cinder or perlite in the bottom of you pots makes a huge
    Difference with waterings Roots Organics makes a White bag
    of soil that If I use FF with I like to put 2-3in in bottom of pots to, it's
    A thinner mix.

The lady's are poppin off nicely too by the way

13. And some pics of the veg room. I just moved the 4 biggest plants down to the flowering room (2 Ghost OG and 2 Skunk) so it feels a bit empty in here again.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Deadhead Clones
    image.jpg
    Skunk
    image.jpg
    Purple Bubba Dreams

Fortunately I have lots of new seedlings started, and more still germinating.

Seedlings
    Green Love Potion
    Purple Bubba Dreams (From a friend)
    Double Glock x Crazy Cookies (Hillbilly Genetics)
    Double Glock x Spider Trax (Hillbilly Genetics)
    Chemberry Crunch (HillBilly)
    The Spider Trax cross took forever too germinate and only one popped. The others had great germ rates.

Still germinating
    Toxic Blue 33 (CH9 Seeds)
    Pineapple Chunk (Barney's Pharm)
    Jack (CH9 Seeds)

14. Don't you have a hard time keeping it lit?

15. Thanks. I like the idea of going heavier on the perlite at the bottom of the pots where they aren't drying out. I took the worst plant, the Deadhead, out and put a layer of perlite at the bottom of her pot just a couple days ago, but it may be too little too late for her. She isn't looking pretty.
    I never have trouble getting lit. ;) :p

16. Damn. The Sour Gummies looks like they're throwing balls. I only had 3 confirmed females out of the first batch I started flowering and now 2/3 have balls. And the second batch of plants isn't looking to have the best male/female ratio either. I'm still waiting to be 100% but i don't see any pistils yet. This is why I always run fem seeds or clones for my outdoor. Id be fucked if I spent an entire season growing to have it turn out like this first session of indoor. I thought it would be fun to run some of my random seeds Ive collected over the years but so far it's just been dissapponting. I think it's time to crack some fem seeds and stop
    fucking around before this entire winter is a waste.

17. I just went to the clubs and added a few strains to my list. I needed some for-sure females around here. I got...

Purple Cindy
    Banana OG
    Alien OG
    Hindu Kush
    Blue Widow
    Kens GDP
    and Holy Grail OG.

The Banana Kush was brought up from harborside and the rest are local. The Blue Widow is stretchy as fuck but I figured I could throw her straight into flowering that way. Now between the fem seeds I have germing and the new clones, things should start cracking around here soon.

18. I got a little sample of the Kens GDP when I went for the clones. It's definitely the real deal. Great grape taste and rock hard buds.
    image.jpg

19. #59 mjmama25, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    I just picked up a 50# sack of neem meal, a bottle of silica, and some other goodies at the grow store. Hopefully the silica will help the plants deal with the temps in my grow room. It's supposed to make the plants tougher against high and low temps and other extremes.

20. if its a keeper plant I just take cuts from it and chuck the rest. Also, can't go wrong with protekt silica I use it all the time. definitely helps.