Mamas Organic 600w Toolshed Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Dec 18, 2014.

1. #1 mjmama25, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Hey GC friends, some of you may know me from around the forums. I've pulled off some pretty high yielding outdoor grows with 5lb+ plants, but I haven't really done anything too impressive indoors yet. Hopefully we can change that this winter. I've been putting together a small indoor setup, vegging in my attic and flowering in a tool shed.

LIGHTS
    Flowering Room=68w per sq ft
    In the flowering room I have 3-150w HPS and 230 watts of fluoros, totaling 680 watts. My flowering room is 5x2 so that makes a nice 68watts per square foot. Im happy with that.

Veg Room=55w per sq ft
    In the veg room I have an 8 bulb T5 that is 436 watts. It covers 4x2 area, making it just under 55w per square foot.

PLANTS
    Flowering: I just switched the flowering chamber on 2 days ago on 12/15/14. I have 1 female and 1 male Deadhead OG that I plan to breed. I also have 3 Sour Gummies that I was gifted from my Buddy Sticky B. I already culled 1 male Sour Gummies. All flowering plants were started from seed.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Veg: I have 2 Ghost OG, 2 Skunk, 1 Silver LA from seed, and 2 Deadhead OG clones (from my female that is now beginning flowering). I also have clones in the dome from each of the 3 Sour Gummies plants in case I find any keepers. Germinating still, I have 1 Green Love Potion and 2 Purple Diesel.
    image.jpg image.jpg

I plan to dispose of any week plants, and breed the keepers to make fresh seed stock. Any special females may also get run outdoors this coming summer. That's where I can really show off my skills. ;)

TEMPS/HUMIDITY
    Temps have been my biggest problem, spiking all the way from the 50's at one point to over 100 another. Any stress you see in the plants is likely due to temp flux, but I am getting that under control with better ventilation during lights on (just leaving the doors open keeps it plenty cool) and a timed heater durning lights out. Humidity is usually low to average 30-50% but climbs up into the 80's depending on the weather.

CONTAINERS/SOIL
    I'm vegging in 3 gallon pots of organic potting soil lightly amended with my flowering mix, and flowering in 5 gallons of home made super soil. I'm more used to amending large amounts of native soil outdoors, so my recipe for indoors will probably need some tweaking, but it's a good start at least. I'll take any critiques you are willing to offer.

2. My Organic Soil Recipe

per 3 cubic ft potting soil I add
    20- 30 cups worm castings
    6 cups rock dust
    1 cup kelp
    1 cup alfalfa
    1 cup bone meal
    1/2 cup guano
    1/2 cup rock phosphate
    1/2 cup oyster shell
    1/2 cup lime

and I let this mixture sit for approximately a month before using.

3. I gave the plants their first feeding today. A mild kelp and worm casting tea. Just a half cup of castings and tablespoon of kelp meal per gallon of water to help them through the stretch of early flowering.

Deadhead OG Female
    image.jpg

4. #4 mjmama25, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Starting to get the temps dialed in better than what I was seeing before I added the heater.
    image.jpg

:wave:  Looks very groovy in here :)  Is the Deadhead OG from Cali Connection?

6. Yeah and thanks! I run a lot of their stuff. Pretty much everything in my seed stock that wasn't gifted from friends is Cali Con gear. Ive got 818 Headband, Original Sour D, and the Deadhead lined up for my next outdoor. Plus a couple of their new strains like the Grape Kush and Grape OG. My first seed order from the tude was half Cali Con and half Reserva Privada and the Cali Con won me over.

7. It's hard to tell for sure at this point, but it looks like I'm going to get at least two females from the Sour Gummies. I'll give it a couple more days to be sure. I started with 4 of the Gummies, culled 1 early male, and have 3 remaining. Of the remaining 3, 2 look to be female and the other hasn't showed sign. I would be happy with 3 females for my first run in the new flowering chamber. That would leave room to add more plants from the veg room whenever they're ready.

8. I took the girls out for a couple of quick pics. It's funny with all that lighting in the grow room and I still can't get a decent pic. Plain old flash is much better. I think they liked the tea I fed them. They seem happy today.

Deadhead OG
    image.jpg

Sour Gummies
    image.jpg

9. good luck w/ the indoor run!

so far so good.. that's for damn sure :)

10. Sounds great fellow blade. I shall be watching. I just chopped a nice Green Love Potion last week. A high yielding plant I must say. If trained and topped properly.

11. Thanks! I expect you guys to tell me if you see any glaring mistakes.

12. #12 mjmama25, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    That's good to know. I just watered in the veg room and saw that she has popped her head above ground. She's a pretty little seedling

The 2 Purple D seeds are a little farther behind. They just finished in the paper towel and got put in soil this morning. It's half Sour and half Bubba, so I'm not surprised. Bubba is a slow vegger from what I've seen.

13. The veg room is looking happy.

Ghost OG
    image.jpg

Deadhead OG clones
    image.jpg

Green Love Potion Seedling
    image.jpg

14. Heck yeah friend. Keep up the good work

15. So my lights are supposed to go on at 8pm and off at 8am. I went out to check the plants at noon today and the lights were still on. Something went wrong with my timers. Hopefully they just got bumped, and hopefully it won't effect the plants too much. As long as I get things straightened out they should be fine.

16. A buddy stopped by with about 20 seeds he bred himself that he said was some kind of Purple, Bubba, Blue Dream cross. I don't always put a whole lot of stock into what this guy says, but we do have the same taste in strains and there is lots of dank floating around NorCal so chances are it's still good genetics. I'm going to go ahead and crack a few to see what I get.

17. Hey MJ I think Deadhead og is a great strain to start with.  You like all the same strains I do. Good luck and have fun.

18. #18 JUSTHILLBILLY, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    Nice to see you getting to have fun over winter and
    The Younglings all looking really nice..

Have a happy Holiday

19. It's hard to go wrong with a good OG. :)

20. Hey hillbilly! You found my new hiding spot. ;) Great to see you. It's been a lot of fun doing the indoor. I'm OCD enough that I need something to obsess about over the winter. It's been giving me lots of new reading to do to. I've been learning all about WTF lux is compared to lumens etc. I got a 3-1 meter that does PH, moisture, and lux. I had no idea what lux was or what the proper lux levels are. It turns out this meter is pretty useless as far as light goes. It says I'm over the max reading at almost every spot in the grow room. Damn thing maxes out at 2000 lux which appearently isn't much? So I still have no idea what my light levels are but I think they are fine. My watts per sq ft are in a good range.

Being an outdoor grower, I never bothered with ph and techie stuff that I'm learning all about now. I started with the multiple 150 HPS's because they have the ballast built in and it made it easy to hang my lights, lol. There is a big learning curve between indoor and outdoor. Outdoors was all about pests, weather, and staking up huge plants. Indoors is all about the details. It's an adjustment but I love growing no matter what the method.