A big mess

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by DariaMorgendorffer, Dec 18, 2014.

1. So a few months ago I accepted a job offer in a different state. My boyfriend decided to make the move with me. He promised to get a job and it would be great. I'd even set him up with a job at my company. He just had to take a few tests. This was 3 months ago.

I'm working 10-14 hours a day to support us. In the last 3 weeks my car was totaled, I have to purchase a new vehicle, and then my rental was hit and the driver left. Now I've developed shingles from stress and I was sent home from work until I'm cleared by a doctor.

Since we moved down here my boyfriend just sits at home playing video games and smoking weed. His sleeping schedule is all over the place and he does minimal cleaning. He hasn't tried to find a job. He ended up deleting the emails from my company and now he can't get an interview. He's been smoking so much weed that what used to last me two to three weeks only lasts a week. I started hiding it this weekend while I'm not home. It irritates me that he just smokes it all while I'm working my ass off.

He's offered nothing more than a pat on the back. We aren't intimate either because he says he's depressed. I'm pretty much feeling like a free ride at this point. I told him after I buy this new car I can no longer support him. I need him to get a job.

So tonight he is pissed because I've been hiding the weed. He's slamming doors and completely avoiding me.

Neat.

Am I really being a jerk? I'm pretty sure I'm validated in my course of action since asking him not to smoke excessively while I'm away hasn't ever worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Kick his ass out and find a better roommate 

3. you should dump that zero.

4. Sounds like a loser why cant he find a job

5. Massive loser. Obviously you're a free ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. a pat on the back is nothing to scoff at. Instead of offering monetary or emotional support he is offering moral support by way of holding down the fort while you're buisy at work. You're one lucky lady

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So he promised he would get a job? But, he didn't say exactly when....... and all this other stuff I'm too lazy to type

[​IMG]

8. Try talkng to him if uhavent already. Let him know how u feel and this free ride shit has got to stop. Stae your points in a calmly manner, if this doesn't work or he isn't!.. kick him to the curb and hit me up. ;)

9. In all honesty, it sounds like he just wants a free ride. Sorry to say it, but it'd be better to tell him he has to go now, especially if you already feel this way.

10. Definitely. I just needed to vent.

^

And get with a hero

<--

12. Do you love him? Does he love you and do you genuinely think he does if yes ?

13. Can't believe there are dudes out there that can walk around knowing they're sleeze bags and their girls are the ones out making the money. I wouldn't go past a month without a job even if I'd have to flip burgers I can't stand feeling like a worthless peace of shit waste of space. Kick his ass out or make him contribute nothing in life is free I hate people that are out looking for freebies you should too.

14. Sounds like a great situation!  Probably why you don't do this sort of shit.

How long have you guys been together?

15. On and off for the last three years. It's pretty complicated because I traveled a ton.

And yes I love him. It's just a big slap in the face that he isn't doing everything he can to help support with everything we've had happen.

16. Lol you're screwed.  the old 'I love him' line..  Every woman that says this eventually ends up homeless/destitute because of the parasitic relationship, and the failure to notice the man doesnt love her a damn bit.

OP, some guys call women like you 'Plan-A's', they just use you for years and move on to the next girl.  Dump his ass before you end up homeless.  The problem is, your making your life his, when it should just be yours.

17. you sound very dedicated to the relationship unlike him. If he really cared he would get a job and be an actual member of society. Another thing is if he is depressed there is nothing you can really do, besides urging him to seek medical attention...

18. Just wait till you have a kid together. I'm sure he will man up ::eyesroll::

19. Unfortunately the weed is the key to your problem. Take it away altogether and things will change, for better or worse, who knows? Your situation won't change until YOU TAKE CHARGE. Picture your future with him in one year or five years if "the song remains the same" or nothing changes. Ask yourself is this something you really want?

20. *sniffs the air*
    Ah, you just completed your menstrual cycle. You use Sea Accent douche. 
    *sniffs air again*
    You got some dank in your pocket?