Why does stuffing the elbow provides stronger hits?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Harren, Dec 18, 2014.

1. If I didn't throw the herbs in the elbow my weed vapor disappears by the time it gets to me, very weak clouds, but suddenly when I stuff the elbow I get strong clouds

Shouldn't I get good hits with both methods?

I'm using Extreme Q with the whip

2. #2 TheWhiteLighter, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Gonna do my best to explain as I pack my elbow for some whips. This is info I have gained by researching the EQ on here and other forums etc.

When doing whips as you know you have the 2 choices, the cyclone bowl and the elbow. Both are based on draw as opposed to fan blow. 
    The reason is because the cyclone is bigger which means more room for the heated air to pass around and through your herbs as you draw on the whip. This makes it tougher for vapor to be drawn from the grass because you are drawing the warm air through the whip and what is rising and sitting in the bowl. If you are drawing the air from inside the cyclone you are clearing/cooling it as you draw. When you do elbow packs you are drawing the heated air THROUGH the pack before it can cool which concentrates the heat through the grass in the elbow. This gives you thicker rips when using the whip because the air has no choice but to go through the grass as opposed to around it in the bowl.

The cyclone is best designed for doing bags IMO because the fan forces the air up through the grass as it fills the bag. Most users probably would never do whips with the fan on to force the air through because you would end up losing vapor.

TL;DR Whips and elbows pull the heated air through the grass whereas Whips via the cyclone pulls the hot air away from the grass before you can achieve proper vaporization for thick rips. So my advice is stick with elbows for whips.

Hope that makes sense. And hope I got here before the resident vapexperts do.