Anyone else HATE the new mid-season hiatus?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by As Above So Below, Dec 18, 2014.

1. #1 As Above So Below, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    What happened to airing complete seasons? It used to seem like every season (fall/winter/etc) had a new show and would run for a season, then wait a year and it's back on...

Now you have shows like......

Arrow
    Person of Interest
    Gotham
    Scorpion
    The Flash
    Criminal Minds <- This aired on 10/1/2014 and is set to end 3/4/2015... Almost 6 months to show 16 episodes?! 
    Grimm

They air a few episodes and then take a break. Sometimes it's only a week, sometimes 3!

Honestly, I despise this practice!

If you can't air a show for a set number of episodes every week, you're doing something wrong! 

I'm sure there's more out there but that's a few from the top of my head that I know have taken breaks.

Who else is with me? Anyone else think they should film entire seasons at once and then release the whole season? Like Netflix does? House of Cards is amazing! And once they release season 4, they release every episode.

Netflix is doing something right!

2. i didnt know they did that for network shows i thought it was only like AMC and shit like that but yea i hate it

HBO dont do this bullshit they show the entire season

It's been happening for like every show this season it seems like.

I just remember 10 years ago they didn't have 3 week hiatus'. 

Now it seems like the norm.

4. I don't watch those shows, but yeah I feel ya. Walking Dead did that shit.

5. yea gotham was just getting interesting too, anyone know when the rest of the season airs?