Found an amazing girl...one slight problem

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by hedge11, Dec 17, 2014.

1. #1 hedge11, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    So fella bladez you may remember a post i made of my fiance leaving me and not knowing what to do with myself blah, blah, blah but thats all changed and im happy as can be.  i found an amazing girl, we share similar intrests, have great sex, have fun and make each other laugh. We both want to be together and probably will be. The one problem is she leaves for the air force for 8 weeks in march, and who knows about future duties.In the early stages of a relationship is the most important time, and with her leaving so soon idk what to do. I mean im very faithful and would not even be tempted on hurting someone who is gunna be defending our country, i love the fact that she is doing something with her life which is the complete opposite of my ex. I wanna be with her, and i want to see where this goes. Plus with me getting my bachelors in a month, and no jobs around here....she could be my excuse to get the fuck out of here....what you guys think of my situation, and do you think its worth holding on to? I absolutely adore this girl and would do anything to make it work.

2. Military life is best for single people dude unless you are married to her the chances of your relationship surviving are very bad. She will be gone for long periods of time and will spend a lot of time with other people. If you guys are committed to each other make it work but good luck because long distance relationships hardly ever work out.

3. i wouldn't, personally, try a relationship with a woman in the service - seen too many of those relationships.

but i'm sort of in a relationship with someone who recently moved 1700 miles away.

its taxing, to say the least.

4. Where is she leaving to? I live near 2 air force bases.... might be able to keep in "contact" with her for you.

5. #5 hedge11, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    San Antonio for 8 weeks of basic....then she come how for awhile....I also want to relocate somewhere other than here...anywhere is a possiblity...so the chances of me moving near here could be high..she also does not plan on making it a career do a few years then get some college outta it....ill have my bachelors soon and have 25000 saved up anywhere is a possibility just know i gotta get outta bumfuck newyork.

6. Talk to her about it and see if she would like the idea of you moving out there with her. I also live in bumfuck New York and will be leaving once grad school is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. shes not moving out there...just basic for 8 weeks after that its a unknown

8. what region of bumfuck ny do you live in

9. About 30 minutes north of Albany. I go to college in Buffalo though. From bumfuck NY to west bumfuck NY haha.

10. haha i go to SUNY Fredonia...35 min from UB if u know this bumfuck area

11. My friend is in the airforce and he says it's extremely difficult to keep a relationship going. He gets redeployed every few years and he's done like 4 tours of duty.

12. Yeah I do haha. Went to Fred Fest last year. Got extremely drunk don't remember much.

13. My older brother goes to SUNY Fredonia and I go to SUNY Cortland

14. Are you from like, Schenectady? Is that near Albany?

15. Within 25 mins. My good friends live there. I'll be there tomorrow actually. I never give out my actual town. I'd be banned from my future line of work for getting caught with weed. Weak shit.

16. Haha my bad man I wasn't trying to call you out. It's just cool finding other upstaters on here because I don't see many.

17. It's all cool man. I'm just overly paranoid. I swear everyone I meet up here is a stoner though haha. I'm only 19 though so most people my age are smokers still. I can't even smoke for another month and a half. Been 4.5 months. Stupid hair tests.

18. I could lie and say everything is going to be ok, which is possible...but

To be painfully brutally honest, she will be surrounded by horny guys. It's a male dominant profession, she is going to get a fuck ton of dicking unless she is in a higher up position.

Sorry wish I could tell you something better.

[​IMG]

19. I would first make sure that this notion of wanting to be together for a long time is 100% mutual.

Two people making each other laugh, smile, and cum well is a good recipe for a relationship, sure. It's also a good way to get obsessed or fixated on an idea such as that when you don't have all the supporting characters on stage yet.

You two ever have a really big fight?
    Discussed past loves in great extent?
    Had a pregnancy scare?

Shit... Theres just a lot I would suggest going through before you make a decision like the one you're suggesting. Granted. You won't find out if you don't try..., and I've been in love. It's hard to see anything negative when you're in love.

My only advice is this. Scrap regret. Do what you wanna do. Live and take hold of life the way you want to live. Fuck all if it actually works out or not. Fuck the rules.

20. Omega is right man girls love all attention, I wouldn't be worried about you being faithful.