Feder Prohibition of Med MJ OVER

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Informant, Dec 17, 2014.

1. According to the article the Federal Prohibition on MJ for currently legal Medical states has been lifted.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/congress-effectively-ends-federal-ban-medical-marijuana

"Sec. 538. None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin, to prevent such States from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana. Sec. 539. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used in contravention of section 7606 (``Legitimacy of Industrial Hemp Research'') of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (Public Law 113-79) by the Department of Justice or the Drug Enforcement Administration."

2. I saw this a few days ago and cheered for all of my fellow patients / growers. it's a great feeling to finally have the DEA off the backs of state-sanctioned programs!

3. Hooray!!!  So exciting!

4. One step forward to a more successful movement. 

5. Wow, what can i say, time to roll one up for sure!

6. I don't see my state lol. I guess it doesn't apply.

Does your state currently have medicinal marijuana?

8. I get it. Nevermind lol.

9. Whoa MS is on the list? Im pretty sure there's no medical program there.

Maybe one of the congressmen who helped draft the resolution is from MS, and slipped it in there.

11. Probably did. I wonder how it would effect anything though.

12. This is a great victory!

Legalization should be just around the corner.

I think us people should be pushing the matter while we know that we have a Congress willing to act on the matter.

13. A thought popped in my head. Doesn't this mean corporate business can set up shop in legal states such as Marborlo to make weed cigs?

14. So Ole Miss could might finally be able to use all their pot instate.
    It's been decriminalized for a while now but is law enforcement treating it that way. I still here about idiot kids getting arrested for way less than an oz.

At least the Federal gov wont interfere.

if I'm gonna cast bones, I'd guess the two most likely results are

A > there is a later amendment to allow spending in MS, or some agency will file a suit to force policy change allowing for spending
    B > It is implemented and accepted without issue, in which case suddenly the shelves are lined with worm cans, including "why does MS get special rights" and "so if the government is deferring to the state, and an accredited academic agency can get a license from the state to do research on marijuana, can we force the fed to include our state on that list?"

16. Is the federal prohibition of MMJ really over? Someone over at the weed blog is saying that the federal raids on MMJ are actually funded by the ONDCP and not the DOJ. So if this is true, they're just giving the MMJ industry a false sense of security, when they can actually still be raided.

17. Comprehension is key my fireds.

They did not change the law federally for mmj.

They did not put mmj enforcement into the budget. Big difference kids.

It is still federally illegal.

18. if it is still federally illegal, and the fed is refusing to spend money on "marijuana enforcement" does that mean we might still see DEA raids under the guise of tax enforcement or something with a ludicrously convoluted connection to the business that doesn't mesh on a federal level...

"what, its purely coincidental that we are forcibly shutting down a business on the pretense of tax issues...that is a state-licensed dispensary"

19. Someone gets it. I can promise you there will still be raids on mmj