Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Deleted member 830888, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Anyone on here have any success treating OSA with cannabis?

2. I don't have it, but my dad did and smoking anything is bad, long with booze. Idk if you could vap or edibles but you could probably Google it

3. CPAP works for me.

4. #5 vtblues, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    I sleep with a CPAP as well. For me I was on morphine all day every day for over eight years. When I went through my sleep study I was found to have central sleep apnea in addition to obstructive sleep apnea with my O2 saturation dropping as low as 70%. Central sleep apnea is where the brain pauses in sending the signal to breathe, sometimes to the point of death. By using mmj as a total replacement of all narcotics I've got my pain under control without central sleep apnea.
    My layman's opinion would be that while I have seen no benefit regarding my obstructive sleep apnea, it has not interfered at all either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Deleted member 830888, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Thanks for that VT.  I appreciate it.

6. I have sleep apnea and sleep with a mask everynight..I find that smoking helps me sleep better and doesn't give me the anxiety before bed that I use to get prior to sleeping. I used to wake up even with the mask but I smoke 30-45 mins before bed..usually only a couple of puffs and I'm good. I don't wake up unless it's to use the bathroom. My dr even noted on my Sim card that I sleep better but I didn't tell him I smoked lol

7. You can smoke but in control. Using a CPAP machine is helpful and choose a side sleeping position because it helps you breathe easily at night and you wake up fresh in the morning when you sleep properly. Cannabis can help you sleep well, but use a CPAP machine, it will be effective.

8. weed makes mine worse its really a none issue unless I smoke. especially a strain meant for sleep ill wake up gasping for air. doesn't happen every night but if youre already that bad I wouldn't risk smoking at night anyway get a strain that will get you through the day. green crack or a Durban I like jack skellington or laughing buddha as well